Beginnings Aren't So Simple

The Boy at the Sunglass Hut

She's just a little cranky from the airplane trip, was what Roxi's aunt said as an apology to everyone Roxi snapped at. Sure; she was a bit cranky, but the fact that eight hours ago; she was at home un-aware that eight hours later, she'll be across the country sitting next to the poolside of Westgate Resort. Her Aunt Caroline handed handed her a lemonade in a clear-plastic cup with ice cubes in it and a pink paper umbrella. Roxi sighed and took a sip from it.

They were suppose to meet with the Jonas Brothers and the rest of the crew at the Resort. They were going to take time to relax and plan everything out before the tour started, and to Roxi's surprise, the Resort was quite pleasant.

Roxi excused herself to go walk around the villa- which was huge. From tennis courts, to arcades, this was actually a decent beginning to her summer. Her interest soon came to a Sunglass hut near the beach. She walked into the cool, air-conditioned room and walked around the small area, browsing some big sunglasses.

The bell to the hut rang softly, indicating someone had entered. There were quiet, yet quick footsteps as the person made their way to the back of the store and took a deep breath. Roxi looked at the new costumer curiously as he took in heavy, deep breaths. The boy had medium, neat black hair and dark brown eyes. The manager glared at the boy suspiciously and tapped his fingers on the wooden counter, "Do you need help with anything, Sir?"

The boy shook his head and chuckled at himself. He spoke softly in a warm voice and said to the manager, "No, thank you though, Sir." He looked around the store and his brown eyes locked onto Roxi's blue eyes. He smiled softly and bought a bottle of water from the cooler next to the counter, thanked the manager, and walked off. Well actually the boy kind of ran out of the building.

Roxi shook the boy out of her head and paid for a big, black-rimmed Sunglasses. She thanked the manager and walked outside, the Florida sun beaming down on her immediately, and slipped on the glasses.

As she walked back to the pool to look for her Aunt Caroline. There were no one there except for her and a bunch of people crowded over a table. The OPEN sign of the Pool's gate was replaced by a PRIVATE PARTY sign. The door was not locked, so Roxi walked in anyways.

"Oh, Roxi! There you are," her Aunt greeted her. She nodded to the over-crowded table, "The people from the tour are here. I'll be over there talking with them and you can hang around here if you want. It'll take a long time, however."

Roxi nodded and walked over to the other side of the pool and laid down on a beach chair. She took a magazine off of a table and read it quietly. When she looked up five minutes later, she saw three boys walking up to her and her aunt smiling at her behind them.

"Oh my god," Roxi said to herself. The Jonas Brothers were there; in the flesh, walking up to her.