Beginnings Aren't So Simple

Butterflies Starting a Mosh Pit

After a long pause, Roxi sat up and looked at Joe. His eyes were glossy and he was biting his lip.

"No, I-I..." she stammered, blushing slightly. "It was all a lie, Joe. I...I...well, it's really hard to explain, but I think I..."

"Roxi..." Joe said softly.

"Joe, I think I've fallen for you..." she said, looking down. She didn't want to see his expression.

Silence. Fuck, Roxi thought. She probably screwed up their friendship, which was the last thing she ever wanted to do.

"Good," he whispered softly, moving next to her. "Because, I think I've fallen for you as well..." Joe gently raised Roxi's chin up so they were at eye level. He hesitated a bit and leaned in. Joe planted a soft kiss on her lips and felt butterflies starting a mosh pit in his stomach.

After realizing that Joe Jonas was giving her her first kiss, Roxi closed her eyes and kissed back. Everything around them seemed to melt away. It was like that nightmare she had a while back; only this time, it was more of a dream...

The two pulled away and stared at each other. Not knowing what to say, Joe leaned in again to kiss her again, framing her face gently with his hands.

"Oh, god, get a room, you two!" someone cried.

Joe and Roxi pulled away and turned to see who it was, and of course, standing in the doorway was Nick and Kevin Jonas, covering their eyes with their hands.

"Guyyys," Joe groaned at his brothers, "Give me a minute."

Kevin and Nick turned around, slightly bumping into each other for that they still had their hands covering their eyes, and made their way out of the bus. Joe turned to Roxi with a smile on his face.

"Joe..." Roxi began. Her heart was still pounding, and the butterflies were still in her stomach.

Joe took her hand and held it, "Just answer one question for me..."

She nodded.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he whispered softly.