Beginnings Aren't So Simple

And So It's A Date

"I miss you," Mrs. Madison said through the other line.

Roxi sighed, "I miss you too, Mom. I wish you and Dad were here in Florida. It's really beautiful."

"Oh, Dad and I want to be there so bad, Honey, but we have to work, and there's also the honey moon."

"Of course..." Roxi muttered under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, Mom. I have to go now. I'll call you back later, okay?" the teenager said quickly.

"Okay...Be careful and don't be bad," her mother warned.

Roxi smiled to herself, "Yeah, Mom. I love you."

"I love you too."

The call ended and Roxi slipped into her Vans, then walked outside into the Florida heat. Apparently, they were going to be staying in Florida for a week and start the tour in New Jersey, where they'll be meeting Miley Cryus, Destiny Hope, or whatever. Roxi walked around the Villa and stopped decided to stop by the Arcade to pass some time.

She walked into the dark, air-conditioned room where a few boys and girls were hovering over tall arcade machines. Since it was just 7:00 A.M., there were not a lot of people around.

"HAH! I TOTALLY OWN YOU IN THIS GAME!" A familiar voice shouted suddenly. It turned out to be Joe Jonas trying to beat Nick Jonas at a Hockey table.

"Hey, we meet again!" Kevin Jonas greeted her as she walked quietly to the table with a nod.

"Hey," Roxi smiled at him and started to observe the Hockey game. Joe was beating Nick by 5.

"Yo, Nick," she said suddenly after seeing Joe gain another point, "Mind if I play?"

"Yeah, sure, go ahead," he said and handed her the mallet.

Roxi took it, thanked him, and positioned herself. A minute later, she was ahead of Joe by two and the game was done. She grinned at the look on his face when he got beaten by her.

"N-No way!" Joe stuttered. His brothers laughed at him.

"You got roasted, bro." Nick commented.

Roxi smiled at the boys.

"You're good." Kevin complimented her.

Roxi giggled softly, "Thanks."

"Hey, wanna go hang out with us later?" Nick asked with a sweet smile, "There's this place down at the beach, and it's like the perfect place to watch the sunset."

"Yeah. It'd be fun!" Joe said.

"That sounds great, I'd love to." Roxi said happily.

"And so it's a date." Kevin grinned.