Beginnings Aren't So Simple

Unfortunately

When Joe and Roxi got back to the beach, they found Kevin patting Nick's back softly.

"What happened? Nick, are you okay?" Joe asked, jogging up to the brothers. Roxi limped behind him.

"No." Nick snapped, wiping a few tears off of his cheek.

"Vanessa broke up with him," Kevin whispered softly to Joe and Roxi, "She left him for another guy..."

"Aw, Man...I'm sorry Fro bro," Joe said, patting Nick on the back. "There are other fishes in the sea, y'know?"

"Yeah, but...why me?" Nick croaked.

"Love is a beautiful thing, and it's only given to people who deserve it. That girl, Vanessa, doesn't deserve it." Roxi said wisely, sitting herself next to Nick and one-armed hugged him

Nick chuckled softly, still with tears in his eyes. "Oh, god, Roxi. You're just the wise one, eh?"

Roxi smiled and shrugged, "It's the Roxi magic, I tell you."

Smiles appeared on the Jonas' faces as everyone stared into the sky. Except for the occasional hawking of seagulls, and the soft sniffles and sighs from Nick, everything was silent. An hour passed by quickly, and Kevin joined Nick and Roxi on the ground and slipped out his sidekick. Joe stood behind them for awhile and then decided to lay down in front of them. He looked up at Roxi, upside down and smiled at her, but found that she was softly sleeping, her head nuzzled on Kevin's shoulder.

"Maybe we should go back to the resort." Nick suggested after he wiped off the last few tears.

Joe sat up and yawned. He nodded towards Roxi, "Maybe, but I don't want to disturb her,"

Kevin looked down at Roxi and then at the sky, "She's a really nice girl."

"Yeah..." The other two brothers said together.

A sudden low rumble came out of Kevin's stomach. The other two Jonas brothers looked at him and with an eyebrow raised and their older brother blushed, "Sorry, guys, I haven't eaten anything ever since breakfast!"

"Well, why don't we grab something to eat?" Roxi muttered, her eyes fluttering open. She yawned, sat up, and stretched.

"You're awake! Yay! We thought you were dead!" Kevin joked.

"No you didn't, I was awake all along. And thank you for thinking I'm a nice girl, Kevin," Roxi grinned, "Now, who wants sushi?"

"Me!" Joe and Nick said, raising their hands.

Kevin shrugged, "I don't care."

"Yes, you do." Nick said.

Kevin rolled his eyes and got up, brushing off some sand off of his jeans, "Anyone know a sushi joint anywhere?"

"There's one at the Resort," Roxi pointed out.

They all stuffed into Kevin's black car. This time, Joe sat in the back with Roxi and Nick sat in the front with Kevin. Nick seemed to get over the whole breaking-up-cheating thing, but it seemed like it was still bothering him. Roxi decided to leave him alone so he can work things out by himself.

"So, you're gonna' be with us for the whole tour?" Kevin asked Roxi. He looked at her through the rear-view mirror.

"Uh, yeah." the blond teenager mumbled, running a hand through her hair. "Unfortunately."

Nick and Kevin threw look at each other.

They arrived at the sushi joint a few minutes later. Everyone un-buckled their seat belt and slipped out of their seats. A sudden pain struck Roxi's knee and caused her to lean against Kevin's car in pain. She winced at the pain and bit her lip. Kevin was the first to noticed and ran over to her.

"Roxi, you okay?" Kevin asked. These words caught the other two brother's attention, and they jogged over to help.

"Oh, fuck..." Roxi cried, holding onto her knee and supporting herself on Kevin's car. She groaned and slided onto the ground, hugging her knee in pain. She let out another cry of pain and felt tears swelling up in her eyes.

"Kevin, open the door. We're going to go take her to the hospital," Joe said in a serious tone. He picked up Roxi bridal-style and helped her in the back of the car as Kevin started the car and Nick opened the door for him.