I Love You More Than I Can Ever Scream

Midnight Swim

I blearily opened my eyes and groaned when I saw that it was eight thirty am. I dragged my ass out of bed and got ready into my outfit for camping. I put my hair into two low pig tails and I had just finished applying my eye-liner when the doorbell went off. I picked up my bag that was full of my camping clothes, slipped on my raybans and walked downstairs. All the guys were there, including CC, Ashley and Andy. I gave them a small smile and once we were all sure we had everything, we went outside, put our stuff in the boot of the cars, got in the cars and left. Pulling my hood up over my head, I mumbled.

“Wake me up before we get there and I beat your asses.” And then I drifted off to sleep.

*****************************************************************************************************

I woke up to someone shaking me lightly. Groaning I half-heartedly tried to push away the hand that was shaking me.

“Go away, I'm sleeping.” I said. I heard the person chuckle and then felt their thumb gently stroke my cheek.

“Come on Sammie, we're here and the tents are up.” I froze slightly when I heard who it was. Andy. He tried to move my raybans from my face so I jerked my head to the side. I unbuckled my seatbelt and sighed.

“If you don't get up I'm going to carry you.” I heard Andy say. I snorted and mumbled,

“If you tried that, I'd break you because of how heavy I am.” It went quiet and I thought Andy must have left when I felt arms wrap around me, pulling me out of the car and carrying me bridal style. I screamed and wrapped my arms around Andy's neck and I snapped my eyes open. I glared at him although he wouldn't know because of my raybans.

“Andy, put me down now.” I stated calmly although I was slightly pissed off. Shaking his head chuckling he replied.

“Nope!” Groaning quietly I laid my head on his shoulder and growled out.

“Andrew. Put. Me. Down. Now.” He gently squeezed me and then set me down carefully. I looked at him and mumbled a small 'thank you' and went in the tent I was going to be sleeping in. Pulling out my contact lenses case, I opened it, took off my raybans then quickly put my contacts in. Blinking rapidly so that my eyes wouldn't water I slipped my raybans on and walked out of the tent and sat down in between Reuben and Ashley. I saw Andy frown a little when I didn't sit next to him.

“Hey Andy, we match... kinda.” I said. He cocked his head to the side confused. I lifted up my raybans and showed him my contacts. He chuckled and shook his head at me.

*******************************************************************************************************

It was around ten o'clock at night when we all sat around the camp-fire and were playing a game of Truth or Dare I was currently sitting on Andy's lap because Max dared me to.

“Sammie, truth or dare?” Alex asked. Biting my lip, I thought for a moment.

“Fuck it, dare.” I said. I saw Alex, Max and Reuben share a look. Should I be scared?

“Okay, I dare you to sing one of our songs in front of the guys.” I raised an eyebrow I really want to slap him but I won't I thought to myself.

“I can't, we don't have a gu-” I was cut off short when I saw Derrick pull out his acoustic guitar. I narrowed my eyes at him and he just shrugged. Groaning quietly.

“Fine.” I sighed. “Start playing The Only Exception. Derrick gave me a look as if to say. Are you sure? Especially since it's about him? I shrugged and nodded. He made a face and started to play the intro to the song I had wrote when I first met Andy.

When I was younger I saw
My daddy cry
And curse at the wind
He broke his own heart
And I watched
As he tried to reassemble it
And my momma swore
That she would
Never let herself forget
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love
If it does not exist

But Darlin...
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

Maybe know somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Keep a straight face
And I've always lived like this, keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk

Well you are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream

Oh oh oh

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception
You are the only exception

And I'm on my way to believing
Oh and I'm on my way to believing


I finished off singing the song with laying my head on Andy's shoulder. I closed my eyes and waited as the only noises that could be heard was the crackling of the fire and our breathing. CC was the first one to break the silence.

“That was awesome! You have such an amazing voice!” He hollered. I looked over at him and shyly replied.

“Really? You're not kidding?”

“He's serious Sammie and I can pretty much say for all three of us that you have such a unique voice.” Ash said. I smiled at him.

“Thank you.” I murmured. He winked at me in return and I rolled my eyes.

“Guys I'm tired.” Alex said. We all nodded our heads in agreement and decided it was time to go to our tents for the night. I got up out of Andy's lap, gave him a small smile and retreated to my tent. I zipped up my tent and got out of my clothes and changed into my pyjamas. I took out my phone and lay their texting Sandra for a while.

Sandra said she was tired after a while so I said goodnight to her and checked the time on my phone. I saw that it was midnight. I unzipped my tent opening and went and sat by the fire again and started to think.

Why did I tell Andy about dad? Why did I tell him about me cutting? Why does he care? I can't believe I almost told him that it was me. I was startled out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Andy smiling down at me.

“I take it you couldn't sleep either?” Nodding my head, I sighed quietly as he sat down beside me. I looked into the flames of the fire, wondering if I would ever tell Andy.

“Hey Sammie...”

“Yeah Andy?”

“What was it you were going to tell me before your brother interrupted you last night?” I bit my lip and looked down. Shaking my head I replied.

“It doesn't matter Andy... Forget about it.” I saw that he was about to protest.

“Can I show you something?” I asked. Andy nodded his head and I took his hand, stood up and dragged him to the lake. It was beautiful and I loved going there and on the plus side it was a full moon so it gave us plenty of light. I stripped down to my underwear and then jumped in. I swam to the surface and saw Andy looking at me strangely. I laughed and crooked my finger in a come hither motion. Andy took off his pyjama pants and top and jumped into the water.

We swam around for a while, joking, laughing and splashing each other. I saw Andy go under the water and I looked around trying to see where he was when I felt his hands on my hips. I spun around and found myself chest-to-chest and face-to-face with the man I fell in love with all those years ago. I put my hands on his shoulders and I saw that he had this look of determination on his face.

“Andy... What are you doing?” I asked, He shook his head, lifted his right hand and cupped my jaw in it.

“I bet your eyes look beautiful without the contacts.” He murmured and then the next second I felt his lips against mine. I sighed softly and tentatively kissed him back. I closed my eyes as I felt him press his lips harder against mine. I then realised that I was kissing Andy and pushed him away by putting my hands on his chest.

“I- I gotta g-go.” Swimming to the edge of the lake and climbed out. I grabbed my shoes and pyjamas and ran back to the camp site, while hearing Andy call on me. I ran into my tent and pulled on my pyjamas

What the fuck just happened? Was all I could think.

******************************************************************************************************

The rest of the camping trip went off without a hitch, I avoided Andy as much as I could and now we were on our way back home. I bit my lip as I remembered the kiss in the lake. Shaking my head out of those thoughts I got out of the car once Derrick pulled up outside the house. I was then on the ground.

“SAMMIE!!!!!” I heard someone yell. I groaned and looked at the person who was laying on top of me and I squealed when I saw who it was.

“SANDRA! Oh my god I've missed you so much!” I said as we stood back up and hugged each other tightly.

“Wait you guys know each other?” Andy asked. I nodded my head and went back to hugging Sandra.

“I've missed you too Sammie.” Sandra said and laughed. I then heard a high-pitched squeal and then a mass of brown hair attack Andy.

“Andy! Baby!” I froze when I heard that voice. I remembered that voice since it was a voice that plagued my dreams. I pulled back from the hug I was giving Sandra and I was faced with known other than the two-faced whore.

Scout Taylor Compton.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!
Please don't kill me!
So what did you think?
Comment and subscribe! <3
- Sammie