Status: Up and running!

I Thought You Said It Meant Nothing

One

6:00 pm, Kai's Apartment

It's been five years, three months, and four days since I last saw Oliver Sykes. But hey, who's counting?

I was fourteen when we met. His brother, Tom, introduced us and although at the time I'd known Tom for at least a year, it was only my second time over at his house - Oli just mustn't have been around the first time. It wasn't that monumental. I think he looked up once and muttered some sort of recognition before moving on. I don't even know if he had anyone with him. I do, however, remember silently debating about whether or not I should tell him his fly was undone. I don't think I did in the end.

Regardless, it was many years ago, and I'm mostly certain Oli wouldn't even remember. It was after that, however, that my life began getting interesting. High school changed a lot of things about me, and my social life was one of them. Hanging out with Tom sooner or later resulted in hanging out with Oli, and hanging out with Oli, of course, meant hanging out with seniors. Before I knew it I was spending every second night drunk with the sort of people I never thought I'd end up in the same room as, least of all the same bottle.

And now, five years later, I was getting drunk with the exact same people. Save for one.

"OI! KAI, YA CUNT, I'M TALKING TO YOU!"

"What do you want?"

"Pass me the crisps, will ya?" I lean over and pass Brendan the half-open packet, grabbing a handful for myself beforehand.

It's nights like this that I always find myself thinking about him. When the whole gang of us are together, and I can almost trick myself into believing that he's just running a little late because he couldn't find his favourite sweater and not only that but the car needed petrol and he was fucking starving so he thought he'd go through a drive-thru on his way here and the queue was ridiculous.

Oli. Oliver. I didn't even know I was gay until I met him. Or, really, got to know him.

Now I don't even know if he remembers who I am.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, this is way overdue D: I've been meaning to start this story for at least a month now. I know its short but I'm meant to be asleep and I have a feeling I'm about to be caught..

Now, I'd love love love some feedback - this isn't going to be a long story, but I have big plans for it. I hope all you lovelies subscribe (:

xxx Saskia