Status: Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, recommended, commented, or just read this story! I couldn't have done it without you :)

Loony Bin

Seventy Eight

Widow Johnson visits the ward.

Ms. Rose and Kelly have news about her daughter.

Widow Johnson: spoken with an emotionless face Did you find out what’s wrong with her?
Kelly: Yes. Your daughter is showing signs of schizophrenia. She sees and hears people constantly.
Ms. Rose: flips through her yellow legal pad, reading off bits of her notes We believe that she has created a figure that she calls “Daddy”. We think he may have developed due to a lack of presence from her actual father.
Widow Johnson: Did “he” tell her to kill my husband?
Kelly: We don’t believe so. I think that your daughter may have truly believed that this figure was her father and had imagined that he had raped her. When she saw your husband, she reacted aggressively.
Widow Johnson: with a scoff She reacted more than aggressively.
Kelly: You know what I meant Mrs. Johnson. Either way, your daughter has become very sick. We’re looking for different ways we may help her, but we wanted your permission for a few of the treatments.
Widow Johnson: crosses arms What? Does her already being a criminal not automatically leave her eligible for all “treatments”.
Ms. Rose: Well, being that she’s underage we thought that maybe you’d like to weigh in on what we may do to her.
Widow Johnson: stands up with a scowl I don’t care what you do. She’s not my daughter. She died a long time ago.