Status: Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, recommended, commented, or just read this story! I couldn't have done it without you :)

Loony Bin

Eighty Four

The faculty are all having a meeting.
They’ve found Lucy Harrison’s body in the bathroom and her eyeballs in Aurora Johnson’s room.

Ms. Rose: shaken up The patient has definitely gotten sicker.
Kelly: We already knew about her schizophrenia so it isn’t that she’s gotten sicker, her reactions have just gotten more severe.
Ms. Rose: looking around at all her coworkers Have any of you guys seen any differences in Ms. Johnson? Behavior, rituals, any of that sort?
Nurse Betty: That Ivan Peterson, he’s been visiting a lot more. She’s always in hysterics after he visits. After her friends left, she comes to me for comfort.
Kelly: That’s her neighbor. He was having an affair with her mother, maybe she found out and got upset.
Nurse Betty: with an annoyed expression I don’t think that’s it.
Ms. Rose: Does she say anything to you?
Nurse Betty: shaking her head Not really. Whenever I try to get her to explain, her crying is too overpowering to hear anything and she often passes out when she’s done; a thoughtful expression crosses her face although, a few times I’ve been able to hear her say “daddy”. That’s one of the characters in her head, correct?
Kelly: Hmm. Mr. Peterson told me that he became a sort of “fatherly” figure to her. Perhaps we should look into that.
Ms. Rose: I agree, but we should also figure out what we’re going to do with the patient. If she’s getting violent with the staff, we have to make sure she doesn’t hurt any of the other patients.
Kelly: Yes, yes. I think we put her in the padded cell for a little while, make sure her urges to kill are contained. I would say that we should also jacket her, but I don’t want to aggravate her more than she already is.
Ms. Rose: That’s a good plan. Who should talk to her? She obviously doesn’t like us.
Nurse Betty: Perhaps I should do it. She trusts me and I want to make sure she’s okay. I have found myself caring for the girl.
Kelly: nodding Alright. We’ll have you bring her medication, as always, and also have you bring her food. We’ll send a guard in with you in case she gets violent again.
Nurse Betty: Hmm, I might be able to get more information without one being in the room. Could he possibly stand outside?
Ms. Rose: I don’t know if that’s a good idea. For all we know, she’s targeting nurses.
Nurse Betty: a bit hostile If she were targeting nurses, she’d have killed more than one, wouldn’t she?
Kelly: Very true. We’ll allow you to go in the cell alone, but make sure the guard is always easily reached, agreed? Nurse Betty nods Okay, make sure to document and keep us updated on what you find.

The faculty meeting ends.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?