Status: Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, recommended, commented, or just read this story! I couldn't have done it without you :)

Loony Bin

Eighty Five

Nurse Betty let out a deep breath as she faced the door of the Isolation Room. She wished for nothing more than to help the poor soul that was Aurora and find what was causing her so much pain.

The heavy metal door opened with a sickening screech, screaming for attention. The patient sat on the other side, curled on the floor, rocking back and forth, back and forth, muttering something under her breath. Nurse Betty strained to hear what she was whispering, hoping that maybe it’d help solve the shattered puzzle that was Aurora Johnson’s mind. The nurse squatted down to the girl’s level, her eyes taking in as much as she could, checking for any problems. Aurora’s head immediately snapped up, her lips forming a wide and sickening smile.

“Hello Nurse Betty,” she greeted, her head tilting to the side slightly.

“Good afternoon Aurora,” Nurse Betty replied with a soft and contrite smile. Her response was met with a shaking head and soft chuckling.

“No no Betty, not Aurora, it’s Daddy you’re talking to.” Nurse Betty was a bit taken aback, confused as to what the poor girl was talking about at first, but her eyes slowly began to widen with realization.

“Oh, my mistake. Good afternoon ‘Daddy’.” The figure before her nodded its head, the wide smile still intact. “If it’s not too much to ask, could you tell me about yourself?”

“Hmm, tsk tsk Nursey Nurse. You forgot to coax me first.” It replied, singing the word ‘coax’ with the sweetest song. “But I guess sense you were always so kind to my darling Sweetie, I guess it’s only fair that I should share with you some things.

“I first met my dear Sweetie when she was smaller. Nine or so, in her early stages of developing. Her and her mother came to visit me when I first moved in, said they wanted to help me feel welcome to the neighborhood and how could I turn down such lovely looking neighbors?”

“Neighbors?” Nurse Betty inquired. ‘Daddy’ nodded. “Are— are you Ivan Peterson?” It looked confused for a second, pondering over the name.

“Is that who I am?” Its finger moved to its face, tapping its lips as it thought. “I’m afraid I know no other name than Daddy. This bitch whom I inhabit knows me as nothing more.” It let out a sheepish laugh before beginning to smirk. “What I can tell you is that I have blue eyes and that little New Nurse Lucy has the sweetest pu—” Its eye’s began to widen, its mouth hanging open before it let out a loud shriek.

“Aurora!” Nurse Betty yelled, immediately taking the poor shaking girl into her arms, cooing her while she sobbed. “Oh sweetheart, it’s okay, it’s okay.” The guard stationed on the other side of the door burst into the room, asking what was going on in a frantic. “Everything’s okay John. Could you please get Kelly to call Ivan Peterson? I need to ask him a few questions.”