Status: Completed.

Forever Will Be You and Me

Lace-Up Your Shoes!

Throughout the street, all you could hear were screams. Screams of begging, and screams of denial.

‘I said no, Zackary! And that’s that!’ David Baker yelled, his back facing his son. He was tired of yelling, but refused to let his son, his fifteen-year-old son, go out so late, and to a pub? No. He wouldn’t allow it.
Zack, on the other hand, would scream and yell and beg all night, if it meant he could go out.

‘Please, Dad! I promise, I’ll come straight home when it’s over!’ Zack begged, standing on the bottom stair. He was grinding on his fathers’ last nerve, and that’s what he wanted. Though, he needed an escape plan if his father decided to move from his chair.

‘No! You’re too young! I will not let you go out with him!’ David yelled, finally moving from his chair. He stood, fists clenched by his side. Zack shrunk back, because his father was far more intimidating than he should have been. Standing over six-feet tall, Zack looked like a midget compared to him.
‘He’s a bad influence on you, Zack!’

‘Fuck you.’ Zack hissed, running up the stairs before his father could do anything. He slammed his bedroom door behind him, falling back onto his bed.

‘Leave him, Dave.’ His wife whispered, holding onto her husbands arm.
In his room, Zack dialed an all too familiar number, his knees brought up to his chest as it rang.

‘Hey, Z.’ A soft voice spoke as the phone was answered. A smile rang through his tone.

‘I can’t come tonight. My Dad won’t let me. I’m sorry, Bri.’ Zack whispered into the phone, hugging his knees closer to his chest.

‘It’s okay, babe. I don’t want to get you in trouble.’ Brian said, his smile fading. He wanted Zack to come, to see him play, more than anything, but he didn’t want to see Zack grounded again, because of him.

‘I hate my Dad. I can’t do anything anymore. He says you’re a bad influence.’ Zack murmured, picking up the small teddy Brian had given him on his birthday. The fur was soft, and silky, perfect for cuddling on a lonely night.
‘But you’re not. I haven’t changed since I met you.’

‘Don’t worry, babe. He can’t control you forever.’ Brian smiled through the phone.
‘I’ll call you later, okay?’

‘Okay. I’m sorry.’ Zack said again, frowning.

‘Don’t be. I love you.’

‘I love you, too.’ Zack whispered as he hung up. It was nearing eight, and Brian was going on at eight-thirty. Zack just sighed, curling up amongst his pillows, the teddy bear pressed against his chest.
Zack watched the time on his phone, the minutes ticking away like they were seconds. It was just passed eight-forty when a message came through, the device buzzing in Zack’s hand.

Open your window. was all the message said. Zack didn’t even look at the sender. He just jumped from his bed, and tore his curtain open. Matt, Brian’s best friend, stood outside, leaning against the hood of his car. Zack opened his window, leaning out.

‘What are you doing here?’ Zack whispered, gripping the window sill. Matt smiled, pushing away from his car. His hair was wet, as was the shoulders of his shirt. It was raining lightly.

‘Brian said you couldn’t come. He was pretty bummed, so I’m bustin’ you out.’ Matt whispered back, eyeing the front door.
How no-one had heard Matt’s car pull up was a mystery, but Zack didn’t care all that much. He told Matt to wait a second, rushing to change into something warmer.
Once Zack had found his hooded jumped, he returned to the window, looking out. Matt was sitting in his car, waiting. Zack slowly climbed out, holding onto the window frame with dear life. The tiles of the roof below were slippery, and a few were loose enough to move if they were stepped on wrong. It took Zack a moment, but he finally perched onto the edge of the roof, looking down. There was no other way down, unless he wanted to slide down the drain pipe.
He took a deep breath, and jumped, his arms flailing as he fell towards the ground. His knees buckled slightly when he hit the ground, but still manage to stay on his feet.
Matt threw open the passenger door, starting the car engine. It roared to life, and Zack was left to wonder, again, how he hadn’t heard it. Zack ran for the car, diving in just as Matt reversed from the driveway.
Zack gave one last look at his house, seeing the front door open.

‘I’m so dead when he catches me.’ Zack whined, buckling the seatbelt. Matt just laughed, speeding through the streets.
Matt pulled up in front of a small pub, smiling at Zack. Zack took the hint, and jumped out, while Matt drove around, looking for a park.
One of the main reasons Zack’s Dad disliked Brian was because of his band. They played the music he hated, dressed in ways that made him ashamed, and covered themselves in tattoos and piercings.
In a way, Zack could see why his father didn’t want him with Brian. He was just looking out for his son, but in the most inconvenient way.
Zack managed to slip into the pub with a group of people, avoiding the large bouncer. The second Zack was inside the building, he stopped. There were about a hundred people crammed inside, but Zack was focused on one.
Brian stood onstage, moving to the music he and his band played. He was near drenched in sweat, from the stage lights, and the lack of ventilation in the pub. His hair was stuck to his forehead, and it looked like it was annoying him.
Zack was shoved, and brought out of his trance. He apologized to whoever was behind him, and dashed forward, slipping through the tiny gaps between the people. He wanted to be closer to Brian, and was willing to, literally, fight for it.
Only a few people shoved Zack back, but that didn’t stop him. He found new ways to make it to the front, and slowly, but surely, he finally stood in front of Brian. It took the older man a while to realize his small, and practically glowing, boyfriend was there. But, when he did notice, he couldn’t keep the grin off his face.
Zack moved with the crowd for almost an hour, until he was pulled out. He stumbled, and knocked into a few people, but the hand wrapped around his arm wouldn’t loosen. Zack couldn’t turn, without falling, to see who had him. The people around them looked on, for a moment, before turning back to the band on stage.
Zack was dragged outside, the cool air whipping at his exposed skin.

‘What the fuck?!’ Zack snapped, turning towards Matt. Matt pointed towards a car in the car park, and Zack froze.

‘Go ‘round back. Now!’ Matt hissed, disappearing back inside. Zack gave his fathers car one last look before racing around the corner of the pub.
He wasn’t exactly sure where he was going, but he wanted to put as much space between him and his father as possible.
Around the back of the building was another car park, with fewer spaces. Pacing around one of the cars, was Brian. He’d thrown on a jacket in his haste to leave the pub before David got hands on him.
Zack ran to him, wrapping his arms around the older man.

‘We’re dead.’ Zack murmured, clinging to Brian tightly. He couldn’t help by indulge himself in the scent that radiated from him. It was like heaven.

‘No, we’re not.’ Brian smiled, opening the passenger door for Zack.
They were already out of the car park by the time David has rounded the building, watching the car speed off into the darkness.

‘We just signed our own death wish, you know?’ Zack laughed, leaning over to rest his head on Brian’s shoulder.

‘Yeah, but we’ll deal with that tomorrow. Right now, I just want to be with you.’ Brian whispered, wrapping an arm around Zack as he drove, his mind on the night ahead of them.

Run, baby, run.
Don't ever look back.
They'll tear us apart,
If you give them the chance.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had fun writing this. Even if it sucks. x]