All the Things You Said Last Night

They said, "if you don't let it out you're gonna let it eat you away."

Robbie could feel herself tangled in sheets, trying to cover her face from the late afternoon sun. She groaned, feeling something in the pit of her stomach.

"Hey, you okay?" a voice asked, wrapping an arm around her waist. She could feel his breath behind her ear as he spoke.

"Brendon?" was all she managed to say trying to piece together in her mind what happened the night before and how Brendon was able to get her to stay the night.

"Were you excpecting someone else?" he chuckled lowly, his teeth pressed behind her ear. She thought for a moment whether the right answer was a yes or a no but the feeling of something churning in her stomach just made her decide not to answer the question.

"What did we even do last night?" she asked, thinking Brendon could take the question however he wanted. Drinking, talking, smoking, sex.

Brendon chuckled to himself, tempted to answer 'each other' but he could sense that she was too disoriented to take any of his jokes right now.

"Does it matter?" his breath was still against her ear as he circled his index finger around her belly button. She thought hard, pressing her back against his bare chest as he continued the circling motions around her stomach which made the sinking acid feeling a little more bearable.

Brendon and her had been close friends for years and there were always playful flirts from time to time and maybe a few light kisses here and there but it always remained innocent. But they both knew in the back of their minds that somehting like this would happen one time or another even if neither of them really discussed it. They just...knew.

But that changed when Robbie started dating Ryan and the light flirting and secret kissing stopped between the two of them. Till now.

Robbie suddenly remembered why she had come to Brendon last night. She and Ryan had a fight over the phone about something she couldn't care less about right now and Ryan was just being a plain asshole again. Brendon felt like the first person to turn to and he was more than willing to console her.

"No, not really," she answered finally. Although she wished she could remember what she said last night that had Brendon wrapped around her like this, that could wait till later, she pushed herself out of bed and ran to the bathroom to throw up whatever the hell she ingested last night and Brendon was, as always, there to hold her hair back for her.