Burn This City

Goons Lurking

Chapter 2: Goons Lurking

Car full of choppas and everybod quiet

Car full of goons and everybody certified

And if you froze up last time you cant ride

Its going down tonite cuz these goons out lurking!

-Plies

 

*~Aaliyah Smith*~

I woke up early and took a shower. I flat ironed my hair and put on a white v-neck with some black skinny jeans. I put on white and black jordans and I was good. Djay who was also in the gang texted me and said he was outside. I grabbed my backpack and got in his car. Besides Dani,Djay was the only person I trusted. "Aaliyah girl,wassup?" He asked. "Nothin Djay,you going to school today?" I asked. "Naw just droppin you off." He said. "Why?" I said. "What chu mean why? Its a waste of time...I aint getting anywhere! Mom a crackhead...my pops is dead...family wont even claim me,how Ima get to college?" He sneered.Djay did have a hard life...but ehh how did he think Tupac an Biggie made it? He pulled up to my school and Dani happened to be right where Djay dropped me off. "Ay I'll pick you and Dani up at 12." Djay said. "Okay bye." I hopped out the car and he drove off. "Wassup girl?" Dani asked. We did our handshake and then walked in the school. Everyone always stared us down when we came to school. The girls talked they shi+ but they stories would change when Dani and I would run up. Shi+ they knew the business.

 

If you wasnt scared to talk then you aint scared to fight. This highschool  happened to be smack dab right in the middle of our territory and the East Side. We were rivals. This whole war was their fault! If they bogus selves didnt come over and mess with Pinky...(our drug ruler) this shi+ wouldnt have started. But one East Side girl thinks its funny to come up and taunt Dani and I. Her name is Kerry and if she wasnt an East Side...trust shed be dead right now. Kerry only taunted us to try and make us hit her...and if we hit her without the whole gang behind us...we would get jumped. Dani and I were the only people that went to school. There was 8 of us in the gang and everyone came occasionally. "Aaliyah here her buckeyed ass come." Dani whispered to me. Somehow my locker was placed right next to Kerrys. She was standing there with the East Side Leader. His name was Breon. He stared Dani and us down menacingly. "I'll cut him and his hoe if they touch me or you." Dani whispered to me.

 

I walked up to my locker and began opening it,ignoring they asses. Dani tapped my back and did a sign that meant,be right back,yell if you need it. I nodded at her and she walked away. I heard Kerry whisper something to Breon and then they started laughing. I lookked at them and rolled my eyes. They were the softest people ever. Breon cant even shoot a nikka! And his girl...man Kerry be getting beat up by her little sisters. "Fuk you lookin at?!" Breon snapped. "Uhh who the fuk is you talking to?!"I yelled. Kerry then got in my face trying to be all hard so I stepped in her face too. "Dont be talking to him like that." She said. Breon grabbed her arm but she shook him off. "Look Kerry,Im sick of your petty ass. Now make this the last time you ever get in my face...Ima give you a choice...step down and be with yo...pusy ass man. Or you will you get stepped the fuk on." I hissed. I saw Dani making her way over to me. Kerry frowned and then she did something. What she did...I was going

 

To kill her! Hell naw! She swung on me. The crowd yelled. I fell to the floor and I scrambled up to go murf her ass but Dani grabbed. "Dont do it! Aaliyah dont get her! She hit you first we can get her ass later!" She said. But I wasnt listening. Kerry ran to Breon and like a pusy stood behind him laughing. "Aaliyah! Stop it!" Dani said. I was trying my hardest to get out her grip. I was going to kill Kerry,she wanna be bad? I'll show her bad. Dani dragged me in the bathroom away from the crowd and pushed me in the wall. "What the fuk were you thinking?! Syco gone be mad!" She scremaed. "This shi+ aint my fault! She swung on my ass and you didnt let me get her!" I said. Dani shook her head. My cheek was on fire. I looked in the mirror and there was a little bruise already but it wasnt that noticeable. "Fuk!" I said. I put a cold paper towel on it and then the bell rang. "Shi+ we cant go back out there." I said. Dani frowned. "Why not?" She asked. I looked at her like she was straight

 

Up stupid and said,"Cuz that pusy just clowned me! I aint never been clowned! Especially by some lame ass East Side!" I yelled. "Youre so ridiculous!" She said. "No Im not! Come on Dani,you wouldnt be embarrased that Kerry...the biggest pusy ever...stole off of you?!" I asked. She looked thoughtful for a moment then she grinned. "iight then I get you now." She said. We both started laughing. "So we leaving or not?" Dani asked. "Yeah lets leave...I dont wanna sit my ass in here!" I said. Dani got out her phone and called somebody. "Okay Cam outside." She said. Cam. What the fuk?! "Cam...like crazy Cam?" I said. She nodded. "What the fuk?! Why in the hell is you messing with him? Syco hate him!" I said. Cam was the craziest dude in Chicago. He was Syco's cousin. Ive never met him or seen him,just heard about him. This nikka would kill a little kid! He was always in and out of jail and the first thing Syco told Dani and I when we got in the gang was,stay away from him.

 

"Cuz...hes my boyfriend..." She said. This is why Syco told me to watch her silly ass! "Since when?!" I said. "For 2 weeks...Aaliyah please! Please dont tell Syco! He will kill me!" She pleaded. "2 weeks?! Oh you on something aint you?! And hell naw nikka if I dont tell Syco he gone kill me! Damn Dani,what the fuk is wrong with you?!" I hollered. I was pissed off. What the fuk was wrong with her? She sighed and then said,"You coming or what?" She asked. "Hell naw! What if Syco find out that we was rolling with him in his car?! We cant lie out of that." I said. "Aaliyah were not gonna get caught! Ive been snooping with Syco for 2 weeks now and nobody but YOU knows." She said. I sighed. What in the hell did I just get myself into? "Aaliyah...youre the oonly one that knows...keep it that way." Then she walked out the bathroom and all I could do was follow her silently. What else could I do? All I was doing was praying to God,that Syco didnt find out.

 

*~Darnell Collins*~

School is almost over and Im sitting in my last class watching the clock,when some girl walk in the room. She didnt look as good as the girl I saw from the store but the way she carried herself...made her look so s3xy. She walked with confidence and swagg. She strutted to her desk and sat right behind me. The teacher was so into his lesson he didnt even notice her come in. A girl next to me said,"You stole off of Aaliyah?" The girl behind me replied,"Fo sho! Her home girl took her scared ass to the bathroom!" She said. Aaliyah. That name sounded familiar. Then a boy in front of me turned around and said,"Kerry stop yo lying,as soon as you stole off of her you ran to Breon,cuz you knew that Dani wasnt going to let her get you. But if Dani wasnt there she wouldve whooped yo ass." The girl behind me who I guess is Kerry clocked her tongue and huffed her breath at him.

 

The teacher turned around at us and thy stopped talking. Slowly the teacher went back to whatever he was doing,and as soon as he turned his back,they started talking again. "Look Aaliyah cant fight. She couldve gotten me before Dani got to her but she diddnt!" Kerry whispered. "Okay well since you just said that,I'm going to tell Aaliyah." The boy said. "Go ahead! She aint gone do nothing!" Kerry hissed. I knew Kerry was scared I can hear it in her voice. They stopped talking and we were finally able to focus on the teacher,something caught my eye out the window. It was that girl. Just looking at her made me want to be with her even more. She was so...beautiful. She was with some girl and they were getting in a car...where were they going? I was so tempted to run out there and follow her. It was just driving me crazy that I asnt able to look at her anymore. The car drove off with herand the girl in it...tomorrow I had to find out who she was.

 

*~Aaliyah Smith*~

As soon as I saw Cam...I wanted him. Dude was hella fine,like he was just the definition of s3xy. He had Cam tattooed right above his eyebrow and he had nice baby brown skin,just like me. Dani got in the front and I hopped in the back. "Hey babe." Dani said to him. He just gave her a head nod. "So who this?" He asked looking in the rearview mirror. Oh my God...he has the s3xiest brown eyes ever. How could someone looks so good...and be so heartless? I doubt he really likes Dani. "Thats Aaliyah she my girl." Dani said. "Awh...you be rollin with Syco too?" He asked. "Yehh." I said. He sighed. "Thats too bad." He murmured under his breath. I guess Dani didnt hear him cuz she didnt say anything. Who did this nikka think he was?! I dont care how fine he is,he sure aint going to sit up here and diss Syco like that. "Uuhmm whatd you say?" I snapped. Dani turned around and frowned at me. I ignored her ass. He turned around and looked at me like he couldnt believe that I had said something to him.

 

I stared back at him with the same expression. "Cam...just ignore her ass,she just trippin." Dani said. "Im trippin?! Nikka is you retarded?! You dont hear him trying to diss on Syco?!" I said. I looked back at Cam and he was looking at me so mean I wanted to cry. I was truly afraid of him. He puleed into a gas station. "What we doin? You got gas." Dani said. "Bi+ch dont be questioning me! Now get yo lil ass out and buy me something to eat." He hollered. OH HELL NAW. I couldnt believe this shi+. And what made it worse was that she got out and listened! I was speechless. As soon as Dani disappeared in the store,Cam turned around. I flinched. I was scared shi+less. I was tempted to jump out the car right now.  "Look Im doin yo ass a favor right now. I can make yo ass walk home...mater of fact I could kill you right now,you think Im afraid to go to jail?! Hell naw. So I suggest you watch what you say to me." He hissed.

 

Honestly I was scared as fuk,but I sure wasnt going to let him know that,so I just stared back at him with a smug expression also. He stared back and seriously for a flat out 2 minutes he glared at me. Then he smiled. I almost fainted. He can smile?! Oh my God! I was confused what he smiling for? I frowned. "Damn...thats a first." He said. "What is?" I asked. "Someone actually stood up to me...and wow it had to be a girl out of all people." He said. I almost passed out. I was so relieved that this dude wasnt going to kill me. I laughed and so did he. "So you 17?" He asked. "Yeah,how old are you?" I said. "24." He said. Twenty four?! Wat the fuk?! "24? Why you messing with Dani then?" I asked. "Cuz she dumb as hell. That girl really think I like her,I only have her cuz she buy me food." He smirked. "Uhm you do realize she my homegirl right? So you can make this your last time seeing her." I snapped. He looked at me like I was stupid and then started laughing. What was his problem?

 

This nikka tweaking. "What is you laughing for?" I sneered. "She aint gone believe you!" He said. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right. Dani would belive me over anyone. Ive been friends with her before she even knew of you. Yeah Id love to see the day where shed pick YOU over ME." I said. He smiled and then started checking me out. Dont get me wrong,he was hot and all but I didnt want Cam! And I didnt want him looking at me like that! "Yeaahh but Id choose you over her." He said grinning at me. Oh I ddont think so.I couldnt believe he even said that to me. "Boy is you crazy? I dont want you...and Dani sure wont after I tell her what you sayin." I said. He laughed again. "Shes not gonna listen to you...I'll just give her another 2 weeks to be with me then I'll just drop her ugly ass." He said. "Look you need to stop dissin her like that...you dont see me sitting here or something?!" I said. He stopped talking as Dani came out the store with a bag of snacks.

 

She got in the car and handed him the bag,which he snatched from her. He started driving and I saw that we were going towards Danis crib. I looked at my phone and it was 10:30. We had to be at the meeting at 12. The car ride there was silent. We pulled up to his house and we got out. "Bye Cam." Dani said all happy. "See ya later Aaliyah." He said grinning at me. Then he drove off. Damn. That was bogus. I almost busted up laughing. Dani stood there gawking like she couldnt believe that either. I couldnt help it and I let out a chuckle. She whipped her head towards me. "Why did he say bye to you?!" She snapped. "Hmm let me think...he doesnt like you dumbass! Nikka just using you." I said. She frowned. "Using me? What are you talking about?." I sighed. There was so many nosy ass nikkas around looking at us. They were probably shocked that we had just gotten out of Cam's car. Damn,I knew this was gonna get back to Syco sooner or later.

 

"Come on lets go in the house and I'll tell you." I said. We went in and there wasnt anyone here. Her mom was probably out on a corner with mine. Lol. "Look Dani,he doesnt want you,he using you for your money.He told me when you went in the store." I said. "Stop lyin Aaliyah." She said. "Girl what would I lie for? If you dont believe me now you sure will in 2 weeks." I said. "Why? Whats gonna happen in 2 weeks?" She asked. "He droppin yo ass and probably is going to go find a new bi+ch." I said laughing. She rolled her eyes at me and turned the TV on. We started watching music videos and Gucci Mane Lemonade came on. Then all of a sudden my phone beeped. It was a text from an unknown number. It said:This is Cam.Save my number sexy.

What the fuk?! How did he get my number. I texted back 'How you get my number?' 'Dont worry about it...' He texted me back.

 

'Well I dont want your number,so stop texting me' I texted. 'Haha. Thats not gonna happen.' He said. 'Okay fo real,why are you so interested in me? You just met me.' I sent back. "Who you texting?" Dani asked. "Yo nikah. He just texted me." I said. I looked up to see her face and she looked pissed. "Dont get mad at me girl,Im trying to tell him to stop,what you getting mad for anyway? He dont like your ass." I said. "Yeah and you talking to him isnt helping either!" Dani suddenly yelled. Oh hell naw. This bi+ch wanna get loud?! "Dani girl,I dont know who ya talking too...but you need to calm ya ass down and be yellin at Cam. Im your best friend and I wouldnt lie to you." I said. She sighed. "He seriously dont like me?" She said. "Duh! Come on Dani! You really thought he liked you? Girl he treated you like a dog." I sneered. She couldnt be serious. She didnt say anything and just started watching the TV again. I sat back down in my chair. I couldnt believe her ass was actually thinking

 

Of who to believe. Man aint that  a bi+ch. I texted Syco right now and said,'Ay I found out watsup with Dani but PLEASE dont say you heard it from me.' I sent it and I sware in the next second he texted me back. 'Watup wit her?' 'She going with Cam' I texted back. I knew he was pissed. He didnt even reply. He probably broke his phone. I checked Cam's new message and It said,'You hella fine and tough.But ayy g2g.' I didnt even reply. I wasnt going to even talk to him. I texted Djay and told him to pick us up at Dani's at 11:30. We chilled at watching videos and eating until we heard Djay horn blow.

 

*~Darnell Collins*~

School was out and honestly this place was better than Cali. I had alot of fun and I was pretty cool with alot of people. But the Kerry girl who sits behind me in English is annoying as fuk. She will not leave me alone. She followed me around the whole damn day. Whoever that Aaliyah girl was I wish she did whoop her ass. So I'm walking home and I have my iPod in my ears. BIG MISTAKE. There were two dudes sitting by an alley and when I walked by they stared me down. Suddenly I felt hands pulling me in an alley. They threw me to the floor and started kicking me. I knew how to fight cuz my dad taught me. I grabbed one of their legs,fighting the pain and tripped him. One dude fell. I got up and started beating the shi+ out the one who was still standing. I was so pissed off. "Loco! Loco help!" He cried. I turned around and dodged who I guess is Loco,punch. I then rammed him in his stomach and threw his ass into the other guy. They fell to the floor. Damn. I just whooped the shi+ out of them. They stared at me like they couldn't believe this had just happened.

 

"Damn...you ain't have to do all that! We only wanted your iPod!" Loco said taking deep breaths holding his stomach. Is this nikka serious?! "My iPod?! Is you stupid? You just tried to jump me! You think I wasn't going to fight back?" I asked. Why was I even wasting my time with these nikkas? "Damn I aint never had this shi+ happen to me before...Djay you think Syco would let him join? Shiett he just whooped our asses." Loco said. What are they talking about? "Join what?" I asked. "Loco take him in your car,I gotta go pick up the girls." Djay said. "Take who? I ain't going nowhere with y'all!" I snapped. I turned to walk away but somehow in the next 5 minutes of wrestling I found my ass in a car with this Loco dude.

 

~*Aaliyah Smith*~

We at the meeting and everyone here but Loco. There's 8 of in this whole gang. Syco he the leader. Then it's Paris. He is crazy good with a gun. Moe he sneakier than a bi+ch. Montrel he just crazy. Then Loco,Djay,Dani and me. Our meeting place was a brokedown warehouse just outside the city of Chicago. No one knew this place was here. It was pure quiet. Syco kept staring at Dani like she comitted a murder. "Where is Loco?" Syco asked. "He bringing some dude Darnelll...we gonna need him Syco fo real." Djay said. "What the fuk?! Naww tell Loco to turn around with his ass,we full." Montrel said. "Yeahh this lil clique is full. No more auditions!" I said imitating Nicki Minaj's voice. They all laughed. Everyone but Syco. "Dani,what have you been up too lately?" He asked. She looked confused. "Uhm...nothin why?" She asked. "Ive been hearing from people around the street you've been seeing Cam." Dani gasped. "What the fuk?!" Paris said. "Oh hell naw! You hanging around with Cam!" Djay and everyone snapped. Dani burned her eyes at me. "Dont look at Aaliyah she ain't tell me nothin! You should just be more careful! Now what the fuk is you doin with him Dani?!" Syco screamed standing up. Oh shi+ maybe I shouldve told himafter our run we were going to do...cuz when Syco is mad he goes physco

 

Dani looked scared as fuk. "Naw don't get scared now! What the fuk is you doin with him?!" He yelled again. It was dead quiet. The we heard Loco car pull up with his obnoxiously loud ass engine. "We'll talk about this later...just you and I." Syco hissed at her. He say down and Dani looked like she was going to pass out. Hmm maybe if she believed me I probably wouldnt have told on her dumb ass. Loco walked in with someone behind him. He looked like he had gotten in a fight. "Damn Loco what happened to you?" Moe asked. "Ask this dude." Loco said walking away from the boy and sittin next to me. He put his arm around me which I immediately shook off. Everyone looked at him and I almost dropped dead. It was the nikka that got in my way at the store! What the fuk was he doing here?! Damn he was even sexier now that I actually got a good look at him. Wait sexy wasn't the word for him...he was....gorgeous. He looked too damn good to be living. I snuck a glance at Dani and she had the same

 

Expression I had. He stared at me wih the same expression and I knew he recognized me. "Damn Aaliyah why you looking at him like that?" Montrel asked. All eyes were on me. I was kinda angry that he put me on the spot like that. "I know this nikka! He the dude that was in my way at the store!" I yelled. Everyone started laughing including him. "That is him...damn I ain't recognize you until now." Loco said. Syco motioned for him to sit down and he did. They started asking him questions and all that shi+ but I didn't hear one word. All I could do was look at him mesmerized. I have never looked at a guy like I am looking at him. I needed him. 15 minutes later everyone started to get up. "What? Where we going?" I asked. "Damn was you listening? We finna go to the East Side and meet up with some of them." Moe snapped. "Aaliyah,Darnell and Paris you ride together. You guys meet up at The Hot Spot and ask for Shady. Give him this and tell him it's from me." Syco said handing Paris a package.

 

"What is it?" Paris asked. "Its a DVD but really it's a bug." Syco said. "Smart thinking." Montrel said. "Thanx. Djay,Loco,Moe and Montrel ride to the Hill and give this to Spook." Syco said handing him a bag of weed. "Spook? You still talk to that nikka?" Loco asked. "Hell yeah!" Syco joked. "Uhmm who am I going with?" Dani asked sheepishly. "Oh you...you're gonna stay here...with me." Syco said darkly staring at her. No one said anything. We all felt hella bad for her because if Syco lost it...none of us would be here to stop him. One by one we headed out. "Look I don't want to be in the car with the new guy...you take care of him." Paris said walking to Djay. "What?! You can't just leave me!" I yelled after him. But they didn't listen. They drove off. I turned around and Darnell was right behind me."Guess it's just going to be me and you..." He grinned. I rolled my eyes and walked towards Paris's car. We got in and he started driving.