Burn This City

A Year Later

Chapter 25: A Year Laterr

1 year later.

 

So much has happened in the last year. My mother gave life to her third daughter and her name was Kelsey. She's 1 and Im in love with her and so is Darnell. Corey came down here and lived with Dani and instead of having a boy,Dani bore a girl. Corey nearly fainted becaus he bought so much boy stuff,and ended up with a girl. They named her Cassie. Shes 10 months as of right now and she literally hates Darnell. I dont know but all babies just dont like Darnell. But I know my sons will. That right son's. I couldnt believe this shi+ but Darnell got me pregnant with fuking triplets! Triplets! Thats crazy! I almost passed out when I heard that. I mean seriously triplets?! His family was thrilled when they heard but I wasnt. I was 19 years old and I was going to have 3 sons. Darnell was so happy. He actually played collegiate basketball and was a well known person.There was actually alot of talk that he was going to be drafted into the NBA at the end of the year,and if he did...life was going

 

To be ten times better. Darnell and I moved to the North Side of Chicago to avoid all the shootings,Chicago was getting worse. My mom moved into another apartment on the North Side about 30 minutes from here and Dani and Corey were next door. Corey was majoring into being a doctor believe it or not. He was and he was in fact pretty intelligent. Darnells mom actually moved back over with Miya and stayed in the same apartment as my mom. Miya remembered me and it was great cuz she was older and could say my name. She loved Darnell now...only because he gave her some candy. But everythings still good. As for Loco and Denshia,theyre like Bobby and Whitney,always fighting but will literally die if one leaves. They love eachother and I think Denshia's expecting. Im not really sure. But as for Darnell and I,we want to get married before the babies were born but we dont know when,were still planning.

 

Im 9 months right now and Im HUGE. I cant walk and I look a bus. My feet are swollen and I feel like Im going to bust. Im constantly in pain and Im always crying,I hated this pregnancy thing.As for our gang...we were still a gang but half of us moved over here. Another reason we moved is because,Moe got killed in a drive by. To this day we dont know who did it,and that was 6 months ago. It was a terrible time. Djay and I we were still close as ever,we did talk about our 'almost kiss' but he says,he was just in the moment. I agree because I was too. Him and Monica are still together and theyre actually getting married this spring.I was too happy for them. Right now Miya is over and shes playing with Cassie. Cassie can walk and her and Cassie were really close. My little sister...Kelsey was at home,she was sick with a cold. Darnell was in the family room playing the PS3 with Corey,Denshia,and Loco

 

Dumbass. I was eating a sandwich on the couch and Dani was painting her nails and we were watching them play. They were playing a racing game and from the complaining and yelling,my baby was going to win. "You cheating man!" Loco said. "Stop using your boost!" Denshia yelled. "Why would I not?! Thats what boosts are for!" Darnell laughed. Darnells car was about to cross the finish line when the game just cut off. Corey,Darnell,Loco and Denshia's mouths just dropped. Dani and I started laughing. "Miya! What the fuk?!" Darnell screamed. Miya was standing next to the PS3 and her little self waddled over there and pressed the off button. "Hey,watch your language!" I said. Miya started laughing and that made all of us laugh. Darnell picked her up and said,"Why you always gotta make your brother life hard?! Huh?!" He asked jokingly.

 

She just laughed. I then tried to get up when a sharp pain came to my stomach. It made me wince and then everyone had their attention on me. Then I felt a trickle of water run down my leg. I gasped. "What is it?!" Denshia asked. "My water broke!" I screamed. They all started yelling stuff back to eachother but I couldnt understand them cuz the pain was too unbearable. They put me in the car,and Dani was calling my mom and Darnells. We rushed to the hospital and I was crying like a baby.

~*Darnell Collins*~

The nurse let me go in there with Aaliyah while she was in labor. Aaliyah looked like she was going to die,but I was so excited that my sons were here! The doctor told her to start pushing and she was screaming. "How could you do this to me Darnell?!" She hollered. She was squeezing my hand and I started screaming with her because I think she just broke my hand!

 

5 long,painful hours my beautiful sons were born. 'Damyan Loco Collins' was the oldest, and 5 minutes later 'Deron Corey Collins' was born,and then the youngest 'Deyontae Djay Collins'. They were healthy and beautiful. Aaliyah didnt even get to see them because right after Deyontae was born,she went straight to sleep. Everyone was so happy and I was ecstatic. Everyone then left to go celebrate but I stayed with my babies. I went back to Aaliyahs room and she was arguing with the nurse. "Look woman,did you just give birth to 3 damn babies?! No I didnt think so,now will you please bring me some Doritos?!" She snapped. "Sorry ma'am but I dont think thats such a good idea." The nurse pleaded. "Oh,you think its a bad idea?! Well do you think me shoving my foot up your a-" I cut her off.  "Aaliyah!" I said laughing. She looked at me and the nurse just walked out the room.

 

I started laughing and so did she. "Aaliyah,why were you threatening that poor old woman?" I asked her. "Bi+ch wouldnt bring me Doritos! I told her I was hungry,and she started acting salty,and had this attitude." She said. I laughed and gave her a kiss. "I cant wait to take you and my kids home." I said. She kissed me back and said,"I love you." "I love you too."