Burn This City

Neighborhood Sniper

Chapter 4: Neighborhood Sniper

First up high on a roof top

Like a bird I'm havin evil thoughts

A black hood covers my face

And deaath  flows through my mind at  it's own pace

-Eazy E

 

*~Darnell Collins*~

Why did she have to blow up on me like that? Im so serious if I didnt like her so much I wouldve yelled back at her ass.But she meant too much to me. We pulled up to some brokedown shitty ass house and she finally spoke. "Dont speak unless he speaks to you...and DONT stare." She said. She pulled up a red bandana and covered her face where you can only see her eyes. She looked so sexy. She pulled up her hood and her long hair was nicely placed around her neck. She handed me a red bandana and told me to do the same. "Why would I stare?" I asked. "You'll see.And dont...or youll get us both killed." She said. I shuddered. I turned my phone off which was blown up from messages and missed calls from my mother and father. We climbed out the car and she held the DVD/bug. There were two boys walking by staring at us.

 

Aaliyah suddenly rushed in front of me and leaned her body against mine. What was she doing. She looked in my eyes and I wanted to kiss her...well if her  bandana wasnt in the way. She whispered,"Try not to look but they still looking?" I did a quick glance and the boys who were dressed in blue and black turned the corner. "Theygone." I said. She reached in her pocket and pulled out a gun and stuck it in mine. "Theyre not gonna search you.But dont let them see it." She said. "Who?" I asked. She sighed. "Oh Im beating Paris's ass when I see him!" She muttered. "Look,pretend youre not in the room and you dont wanna be seen. To them your name is Tyrone.You got it?" She said. "I got it." I sighed. She got off me and started walking to the house. I followed behind her and I couldnt help but gaze at her lower body. Damn,how could someone look so good? And be doing this type of shi+?!

 

She knocked on the door. No answer. We stood there for literally 5 minutes and there was no answer. I couldnt believe I was actually doing this shi+. She turned around. "He might be at The Hot Spot after all..." She said. But then a manly voice boomed,"Who is it?!" "Aaliyah." She said. Silence. Then the door opened. A man with braids who looked like he was on steroids stood there. He looked to be 30. "Havent seen you here in a while,what you want?" He asked. "Gotta present...for Shady." She said. The man looked thoughtful for a second. All I could smell was kush,and alcohol. "Tyreke! Frisk her." He yelled. We walked in and we couldnt see anything. The man slammed the door. "Damn,you aint got lights?" I heard Aaliyah say. "Shutup and wait here.I'll be back." He said. He disappeared and another dude came in and frisked Aaliyah. "Whos he? I know Syco aint added a new addition." The man said. "Yup." Aaliyah thickly replied. The man walked out mumbling something.

 

We were in a little room and there was a door that mustve lead to Shady. When the man disappeared she turned around and faced me. "Darnell,you good?" She asked. "Yeahh why?" I asked. "Cuz I can hear you shaking." She hissed. I looked down and sure enough I was shaking. I was nervous. I laughed and so did she. 5 minutes passed and no one still didnt come. "Shi+,we came at a bad time." She whispered. "What,howd you know?" I asked. "Cuz...Shady aint never took this long to see me." She said. I nodded. Another 5 minutes passed and still no word. "Im starting to get scared now...oh shi+." She said. "Aaliyah whats wrong?" I asked. "Darnell...just be quiet!" She hissed. I was starting to get sick of her ass talking to me like I was a dog. Then the door opened. She walked and I stayed right behind her. There were men watching us armed with guns,and they all looked crazy. One tried to touch Aaliyah but I looked at him so mean he put his hand back.

 

We were lead  to a door and a man opened it. Inside there was a table.One light hanging above the table and two men with guns standing by the table. We sat down in the chairs and this place really looked like an interrogation room. But thats not what creeped me out. This Shady dude straight up looked like Freddy Krueger! Literally half his face was gone. It was just a bunch of wrinkled and shriveled up skin. It was repulsiv and I almost vomited. I immediately looked down. "Aaliyah...long time no see! How ya been girl?" He asked. His voice was too nice to suit his face/appearance. "Just livin life,how ya been?" She asked. "Pissed tha fuk off thats how Ive been!" He suddenly screamed. Oh shi+ what was wrong with this nigg@h?! Aaliyah didnt even flinch.

 

"You have? I kinda figured..." Aaliyah said. Shady nodded. "Hmm youre good for sensing things like that Aaliyah...I could use someone like that." Shady said. Aaliyah laughed,but I knew she was scared. "Sorry...Im stuck with  Syco." She replied. Shady laughed. "Your loyal...wish I had that." He grunted. Silence. "So who is this? Syco aint add another one did he?" I looked up. "Yeah...Syco did.His name is Tyrone." Aaliyah lied. Shady stared at me and I looked down. Then he sighed. "Tell Syco dont add another one. He's getting too big." Shady warned. "Big? We only 9 deep son. We all good! East Sidez is rollin like 15 deep." Aaliyah said. Shady laughed darkly. "Damn,has Syco told you anything?! East Side is big! They everywhere. They so big theyre's some on your territory,and you guys just dont know it.Syco knows this...thats why you guys make so many runs on the East Side undercover all the time. Syco is trying to get more Slangerz.But he doing it the wrong way.He has to find some on your

 

Guys's territory." Shady hissed. I looked over at Aaliyah and I could FEEL her anger. She looked like she was going to explode. She started clenching her fists under the table. I wanted to grab her and hold her to my chest. "What?" She smirked. "You heard me...and I suggest when you and Tyrone leave...leave in silence. Im the only nigg@h in Chicago that's cool with both sides. And I think some Eastz saw you and Tyrone come in." Shady warned. "Okay." Aaliyah whispered. We stood up. "Tell Syco wassup,nice meeting you Tyrone." Shady said. I gave him a head nod and we walked out the house. I could feel her anger radiating to me it was unbelievable.But why was she so angry? We got outside and got in the car. I drove back to the warehouse where we meet at and no one was here. So we sat there and waited. Aaliyah didnt say one word. When I cut the engine thats when the water works came. She started to cry.

 

~*Aaliyah Smith*~

I was so angry I cried. How could Syco not tell us this?! I was so mad I didnt care that Darnell was sitting here. I hid my face in my hands and the tears soaked through them. What Shady just told me...saved our lives. We were getting too big compared to the East Sidez. They had more than one gang leader and thats why the could expand. But us? Hell no. And now Syco got usgoing around this city like we somebody...and we aint nothing! I started hyperventilating and gasping for air. Oh shi+ this aint never happened to me before. I was a little scared but I woulve been petrified if I wasnt so mad. "Aaliyah? Are you okay?!" He yelled. I sat there clutching my chest and  I finally caught my breath. "Damn...whats...wrong?" He asked.

~*Darnell Collins*~

WHAT THE FUK WAS WRONG WITH HER?! I got scared now. "Aaliyah...whats wrong?" I asked again. "You dont understand." She said. "Understand? Understand what?" I asked.

 

She rubbed her eyes and didnt say anything. "Aaliyah...talk to me." I said. Ive only known this girl for a straight up 4 hours and I couldnt stand to see her crying. She shook her head. "I cant tell you nothing until I talk to Syco." She said. I sighed. We sat in silence. I wanted to make a move SO BAD,but I already knew she'd probably whoop my ass.Well...try to. 15 minutes later everyone pulled up. "Ay Aaliyah! Darnell? Howd everything go?" Paris asked. "Nigg@h shutup!" Aaliyah joked. We all walked in joking and laughing but when we walked in the room...all that ceased. Dani was unconscious on the couch. Syco was sitting on the other couch his face in his hands. "Dani!" Aaliyah screamed. She ran over to her. "What the fuk Syco?!" She yelled. He looked up and you could tell nigg@h was crying. Moe and Montrel ran to Dani. Djay,Loco,and I stood there motionless. Dani had a black eye,busted lip and bruises around her neck.

 

Damn. Why did Syco do that to her?! She a girl! "Syco...what the hell...whyd you do that?" Loco stuttered. "She kept lying! Damn...I lost it!" He yelled. "Lost it? Shes f_cking unconscious!" Aaliyah yelled. Syco stepped towards Aaliyah,hands clenched and with murderours eyes.Suddenly I found myself standing in front of her protectively. But I wasnt the only one...Loco too. And Djay grabbed Syco's arm. "Everyone get out!" Syco suddenly yelled. I felt Aaliyah's hands push Loco and I out the way. "No! Nobody move...we aint finished yet Syco." She hissed. I had to admit. Aaliyah wasnt someone to play with. She didnt care who you were she wasnt going to let anyone mess with her. Syco was 6'4 and was built. He looked intimidating as fuk while he was angry. Im surprised he didnt kill Dani. "Aaliyah...stop. Just come on." Montrel said tugging her arm. "When were you gonna tell us that the East Side could get bigger and we couldnt." She hissed. Suddenly everyone turned around and stared at Syco

 

With hate. "What?!" They all screamed in usion. Syco gasped. "What? H-howd you...?" Syco trailed off. He backed down.

~*Aaliyah Smith~*

Yeah. I bet the bi+ch didn't feel so high and mighty now! I was angry...no angry ain't the word...I was FURIOUS. He beat the shi+ out of Dani, and acted like we weren't supposed to care! "What do you mean we can't get bigger?" Paris asked me. "Ask Syco! He knew! Damn!" I screamed. I felt the tears coming but I WAS NOT going to let them see me crying! It's bad enough Darnells sexy ass had to see me. "Did you know how embarrassed and humiliated I was?! Shady told me! And I was trying to stick up for your black ass and I was the one who got fooled!" I screamed with anger. Everyone was looking at Syco like they couldn't believe it either. It was dead quiet in the room. Then Darnell phone rang. Everyone glared at him. He looked scared for a moment. "U-uh I-I-it's my m-mom." He stuttered. Loco smirked at him. "Go home all of you. We'll continue this tomorrow." Syco said. "Hell naw! We have to settle this type of shi+ now!" Djay yelled. We all agreed.

 

Syco then got real angry. "Look I said we'll talk about this later!" He yelled with his nostrils flaringm We knew at that moment there was no sense of even talking to him anymore. One by one everyone walked out without saying a word. Darnell helped Dani to the car with me. We climbed in and I guess Djay was going to let us use his car. I sat in the back with Dani as she cried. I aint never seen her like this before. I didnt bother to ask what happened cuz I knew she wasnt going to tell me. I gave Darnell her address and we shortly pulled up to her crib.Darnell helped her in the house and I got in the front. Man this was just too much shi+...going on. Darnell got back in and began driving. "You okay?" He asked. I wanted to yell at him...but I couldnt. I just silently shook my head. He sighed. "Where you live?" He asked. After what just went down I didnt want to go home. "Uhm...you just go home and take the car...I gotta go somewhere.I'll walk." I lied. He frowned. "Aaliyah,do you expect me to let you out at 11 at night,all by yourself?" He asked.

 

I didnt feel like hearing this shi+ so I just got out the car and closed the door. I leaned in the window and said,"Look I'll be fine.Dont worry about me." I said. "I hope so..." Then he drove off. I almost wanted him to come back...but I didnt. I walked to the park and chilled there thinking about all this shi+. At 2 am I decided to go home. For some reason the streets were deserted and thats usually a bad sign,so I ran home. When I got in my mom was passed out on the couch with the same nigg@h that was here last time. Disgusted I went to my room and fell asleep. My last thought was,'Kerry better not try me tomorrow...cuz nothing will get in my way.'