‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Homebound

I looked down at my bags, feeling a smile creep up onto my lips. Eighteen and running off to College to persue a dream. I sat down on my cushioned bed and brushed my hair back with my finger tips. I took a last look around my room, feeling slightly upset with myself for wanting to leave. It was only a few towns away, but getting the experience of being on my own felt like a mountain I had to climb.

My walls were now bare, showing off the pale white colouring that hid behind my posters and pictures. My dressers were hollowed out now, along with half of my closet. It was strange to think that I was technically moving out. I had gone out with my mom this morning for a cup of coffee, but it didn't go as planned. She grew upset and tried to hide her welled up eyes. I could only smile, knowing she was going to miss her baby girl.

I grabbed onto her hand and squeezed it, trying to comfort her as best as I could. It was scary to know that the house would be empty when they went to work. It was upsetting to know that everyone at HB High School had taken their separate roads to achieve whatever they wanted. My mom patted at her swollen eyes and chuckled quietly to herself. College was an adult experience and I was heading there tomorrow morning.

"You'll always be my peanut."She choked on her tears.

She was getting me upset. It wasn't like I was never going to see them again. I know that in my mother's eyes I had finally grown up. Not having to depend on my parents meant that they had done their job in raising me. I reached across the table, not giving a damn about who was watching and pulled my mom into a tight hug. She whimpered against my shoulder as the corners of my lips pulled into a sad smile.

"I know mom,"I sighed softly."I know."


It had been four years since I felt the touch of motherly love. Four years since I could hear the word sugar or little Sullivan. Four years since I had heard much at all. My mental status craved for the family attention, wanting to know everything that had happened since I had left. No one came to visit, but letters were sent back and forth for months at a time. I pulled my hair out of my face, clipping it in the back to keep it from my eyes.

I ran a soft eyeliner around my eyes, smiling happily in the mirror when I pulled away. It had been so long since I had been able to hug my parents, to hug Jimmy - to hug Devin. Devin had gone to school a few towns away from myself, leaving his trip home to round up to an hour or so. I felt like my family was an addiction and I had just left detox; I was craving them. I bit down on my bottom lip as I got into my car, bringing it to life in seconds.

Spring break had just started, allowing some students to go home or head to the beach. I had taken the time to pack some things for the next two weeks, because Huntington Beach was calling my name. No one knew that I was coming for these two weeks. I had explained that my school didn’t allow spring break, but only breaks in between important holidays. They were upset, but I know once I pull up they’ll be ecstatic. I pulled a Newport from my bag and held my lighter to the tip.

I inhaled deeply, thanking god that I was off school property. My school was all I’ve known for the past few years. After so long you feel like you’re going crazy. I pulled onto the highway and instantly took off down the road. Music blared through my speakers as I speeded down the road, passing by the slower cars easily. I wanted to get home and no one was going to stop me. I flicked my cigarette out the window as I took the next exit.

I was nearly a town away and needed gas. As I pulled up, I filled the tank and headed for inside. I grabbed a drink and paid the cashier before I stepped back up to my car. I leaned against the door and pulled my cell phone from my pocket. I wanted so desperately to call up everyone and tell them I was on my way home, but I didn’t want to spoil the surprise. That was always me - being impatient. I had an unread text and scrolled down to see who was thinking of me.

My face lit up when I read Devin’s name. I was equally excited to see everyone, but I secretly missed being with Devin. I missed being in his arms and feeling his soft kisses. I missed how he spoke to me, making me feel like the most precious woman in the world. I opened the text, feeling my smile grow larger. It was only a few short words, but they meant the world to me - Miss you and love you.

I was seconds away from texting him and saying I was home, but grabbed enough strength not to tell him. Devin had been home for the last two days. His spring break was just a little bit longer, but I didn’t mind. I was going to stop at his mom’s house and knock, hoping Devin was home and not out partying. Based on the text that I had just received, he was most likely sitting back and enjoying the nice weather. I hurried inside my car and began my drive back home.

It was only another twenty minutes before I came strolling into my home streets. I passed the park I used to go to all the time and I felt a smile come to my lips. Devin and I had always gone there for either playing around or just to talk. Just like when we looked up at the stars; it was a magical night. The swings still sat where they originally were, just a little more beaten down than normal. The slide was still there, but was currently occupied by smaller children.

I drove past the park and finally found myself on Devin’s road. I pulled up alongside his house and nearly leapt out of my seat. I undid my seat belt and jumped from the car. I looked back at the house, seeing the curtain moving back to it’s original place. I rushed up to the door just as it opened up wide, revealing Ms. Thatcher. She gasped, covering her mouth with her hands before meeting me half way.

“Hillari?! It’s been so long!”She pulled me into a hug and laughed loudly in my ear.

She pulled away, keeping her hands planted on my shoulders. She looked from my feet up and her smile grew from ear to ear.

“You’re more beautiful than ever.”She said softly.

“Thankyou, Ms. Thatcher.”I chuckled quietly.

“How many times have I told you to call me Amy?”She furrowed her eyebrows in my direction before chuckling.”Come on in. Devin’s in his room!”

She took hold of my hand, leading me into her small home. It had been cleaned up some and I took notice of the nice trinkets around the home. Ms. Thatcher must have been doing better with her bills, because she had seemed much less stressed out. A long time ago I would find her at the kitchen table, scratching endlessly at lottery tickets and bills. Things just never seemed to have gone her way then.

“He’s most likely taking a nap, so if you want to surprise him, be quiet.”She smiled.

“Thankyou.”I stepped away from her, walking down the hall toward Devin’s bedroom.

When I found his door, I creaked it open softly. I peeked in, finding Devin on his bed. He was lying on his stomach, letting his right arm to hang off and brush against his floor. His room still looked the same - littered with posters and soda cans. Clothes and trash were strung out across his carpeted floor. He had only been home two days and he already had it back to normal. I tip toed into his room and brushed my fingers along his shoulder blade.

I crawled into the bed next to him and rested my head in between his shoulders. I took in a deep breath, smelling the cologne he always wore. I had missed it so much and didn’t realize it until now. I ran my fingers gently down his back, forcing him to shiver under my touch. He chuckled lazily into his pillow and swatted his hand behind his back. I smiled, noticing that he was almost awake. I ran my fingers through his buzzed hair, hearing him groan happily.

I brought my lips as close as I could to his ear and whispered sweetly, “I’ve missed you baby.”

His eyes slowly opened and the corners of his lips pulled into a smirk. I rolled further away from him, watching as he sprang up in his bed. He turned and his face suddenly glowed in excitement.

“Hillari?!”He pulled me into his arms, nearly crushing my ribs in the process.”I’ve missed you so much!”

He placed gentle, but passionate kisses on my head and forehead. I chuckled into his shoulder as he pushed me away. He looked me up and down before his smile grew from ear to ear. He pulled me into him again, almost rocking back and forth. He sighed quietly into my ear before whispering, “I’ve missed you so much, baby. It’s been too long.”

“I’ve missed you too, Dev.”I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling happily.

I had missed his touch so much. It was like being reintroduced to my past drug. I had relapsed on love all over again. I pulled my face from the nape of his neck and pressed a kiss to his lips. I felt the need for him more than ever as butterflies poured into my stomach. Goosebumps rose over my skin as he pressed harder into the kiss. He leaned forward, laying me down on his bed ever so gently. He was a large man, but was gentle to things he found so fragile.

The clearing of a throat forced Devin to sit up and he instantly blushed a shade of red. He pulled away, sitting next to me like a kid who had gotten caught stealing the last cookie. I leaned up on my elbows, finding myself looking down in embarrassment. Ms. Thatcher, or Amy as she refers to be called, had walked in, finding our passionate moment a little hard on her eyes. She looked down at the floor before saying nervously, “I -I’ve made some sandwiches, if you guys want any. I - I’ll put some aside.”

As she left the room, I looked back up at Devin, a devilish smirk crawling onto my lips. As soon as her footsteps disappeared from my ears I burst into laughter. Devin chuckled lowly, far too embarrassed to comment on what had just happened.

“Your mom just walked in.”I clutched my stomach and continued on.”Good thing we weren’t naked! Can you imagine your mom seeing your -”

“I get it!”He blurted.

“nice, fit ass?! She’d pass out! Thrusting and mo -”I continued to giggle over and over.

“Hillari! Images!”Devin covered his ears before glaring down on me.

“-aning over and over! Hillari!”I growled lowly.”Hillar -”

“Stop it!”Devin rolled over me, forcing me to cut off my laughter.”I’m warning you!”

“I’m so scared! Should I call your mom back i -”I cried out in laughter as he attacked my sides, tickling and poking every chance he got.”Okay! Okay!”

“You give in?!”I tried to push his hands down, but I couldn’t find my strength right now.

“I’m done! I’m d - done!”I tried to catch my breath as he lied down next to me.

It was so nice to be home again. It was so nice to know that I had the next two weeks to talk and party with my friends and family all over again. The nice weather was back, almost welcoming me home. I rested my head on Devin’s chest and let a smile creep back onto my lips. I ran my finger down his chest, feeling his heart beat soften the farther I got down his stomach. I looked up at Devin as he wrapped a strong arm around me.

“Want to come with me to see mom and dad?”I asked quietly.”They don’t know I’m home yet.”

“No, you need to go by yourself.”Devin rolled his eyes as I rolled myself over him and onto the floor.

“Fine,”I smirked.”I’m going to tell your mom we just had sex on her bed!”

As I rushed out the door, I could hear Devin stumble to his feet. He called after me, but his yells were already gone by the time I ran past Ms. Thatcher.

“By Ms. Thatcher! We’ll be back!”I ran out the door, leaving the screen to slam back into place.

Seconds after I had disappeared, Devin went running into the living room and past his mom. She arched her eyebrows in confusion, but only laughed it off. She needed to expect Devin and I to go. It’s only been so long since we’ve done anything together.

“Bye Ma!”I climbed into my driver’s seat, locking the doors as Devin ran up.

He reached for the handle as I started up the car. He pulled, but upon it not opening, he narrowed his eyes at me. I shrugged, mouthing I don’t know when he tried once again. He shook his head, knowing at some point I’d give in and let him get into my car. And like he predicted, I unlocked the doors, allowing him to jump in. He quickly reached for his seat belt, forcing me to scoff.

“I’m not a bad driver.”I spat.”I think I’m pretty damn good if I say so myself.”

“I don’t know. We’ll find out, wont we?”Devin grinned.

“Hold on, baby.”I dropped it into drive, taking off down the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to those who commented;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk

I'm so excited to post this. I wanted to wait a few more days, possibly a week, but I'm piling up these chapters like a bad habit. I hope you guys enjoy it!