‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Live Show

"That was really nice, Dev."I leaned over on my seat and pecked him gently on the cheek."Thankyou."

"Anything for my beautiful girl."He grinned.

I placed my preasent between my feet as Devin put the car into drive. I was woken up this morning by my cell phone, just to hear Devin on the other end singing Happy Birthday to me. Even though it was the crack of dawn, it put the largest smile on my face. He made sure to get me up this morning with a fresh bouque of flowers and a small lion animal.

It was adoringly pleasent how he made me smile the whole day without even trying. He had been the gentleman I had been missing out on for a long time. We later went out for breakfast and spent our lunch time sitting on the beach, enjoying the sun and warm weather. He was good at pulling things out of nowhere, because before we left he had a small package for me.

He knew I didn't expect anything for my birthday; it was just another day in the year for me. It was nothing I thought was special and needed to be celebrated. Yet he had taken the time to buy the largest birthday bag and stuff it to the top with paper. When I finally found a black box in the middle of the paper, I opened it to find a beautiful diamond necklace.

He didn't have to spend a dime on me to make me happy. I know his financial situation is rough, but he managed to save up enough money to buy me something absolutely astonishing for my birthday. It was going on six o' clock by the time we started to head home. Devin took a light grip on my hand and gave me a warm smile.

"Twenty one."He chuckled.

"What about it?"I asked."Just means I don't have to hide in the backseat when someone gets me alcohol."

Devin laughed at my response and squeezed my hand.

"It's just been a long time."He sighed."We've been together for a long time."

"You're just getting old."I smirked.

"You're right behind me, sweetheart."He cackled.

"You'll be an old man first."I grinned.

"Whatever you say."He stated.

Devin's cell phone began ringing, which forced me to jump in my seat. This is the one day we weren't blasting music and the sudden noise scared me. I chuckled to myself as Devin released his grip on my hand to get his phone. He pressed it to his ear, answering to whoever was on the other end.

We're ready. You can bring her home whenever you can.

"Okay, no problem."I tilted my head slightly in confusion, but let it slide anyway.

When he hung up, he turned back to me and gave me that I'm up to something smile. I narrowed my eyes in his direction, wondering exactly what he had planned. He knew for a fact that clowns were out of the picture. They were something I couldn't deal with. If he had set up another thing for my birthday I was going to personally kill him.

I had gotten more than enough things from him already. I leaned back in my seat and let a smile come to my lips. Loudly, I pronounced, "You're not planning anything, are you?"

"Me?"He gasped dramatically, sending me into a fit of giggles."Never!"

"No, really."I said."Please don't. I got enough things already."

"It's nothing big. I'm gonna stop at your house. Grab your hiking boots. We're gonna be animals today."He chuckled.

"I'll stick with a pair of sneakers."Devin soon pulled up along the house and I eyed it down carefully.

There were no extra cars or people standing out front. It was quiet, like normal. I gave a quiet sigh of relief when Devin and I got out of the car. We walked to the front door, but as I turned the handle, it stopped in it's tracks, signaling that it was locked.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"I growled.

I began knocking on the door, knowing damn well that my parents were home. They never locked the front door while I was out, so it only made me angry. When knocking didn't work, I looked up at Devin and said, "Let me try the sliding doors. Those are normally unlocked."

"Be my guest."Devin shrugged his broad shoulders before following after me.

I laughed quietly as he ran up behind me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. He pressed multiple kisses against my cheek as I unlocked the fence door.

"Happy birthday, baby."He said softly.

"Thanky -"I froze as the backyard errupted with cheering and yelling.

The word surprise never made me jump until just now. I placed a heavy hand on my chest and shook my head. I turned toward Devin and punched him playfully in the chest.

"You're a jerk."I muttered with a grin.

"I know, but you love me anyway."He placed a rough kiss to my lips before taking hold of my hand.

We walked into the yard and I took a quick look of who was around. My Aunt Kathy and Uncle Mike were here along with their fourteen year old Kaylee. My Grandma Rose was waving over at me from across the lawn. My whole family was here, minus the guys. I kept the smile on my face though and said hello to everyone that was here.

"Are the guys coming?"I asked my mom.

"No, they had something to do."She frowned."But don't worry, Hillari, it's going to be fun. Maybe they'll stop by later."

I let my shoulders slump slightly, knowing that if the guys weren't coming, then Jimmy most likely wasn't coming ether. It upset me to know that my biological father wasn't coming, but I understand the fact that he has a heart condition. I wouldn't want him to get sick and be hospitalized again. As for Matt, I was feeling slightly guilty for snapping the other day at him.

I understood that he most likely didn't come because of how I reacted to him, but that was my fault entirely. I brushed my hair back with my fingers and smiled happily at everyone. I stood up on the bench seat and waved my arms to get everyone's attention. Over the music I said, "Thankyou guys for coming! I really wasn't expecting all of this. Let's get to drinkin'!"

More laughter and cheers filled the yard as I hopped down onto the cement. I reached into the cooler beside me and pulled out a Corona, but was stopped when my mom grabbed my wrist. I looked up, not expecting a lecture on drinking, but wondering why she wanted my attention so badly. Quickly, she stated, "Follow me! You gotta see this!"

She pulled me with her as she scurried to the other side of the house. I stopped short and let a large, toothy grin spread across my lips. The screeching of guitars met my ears and I laughed loudly. Brian and Zacky waved toward me, each of them showing off as they pulled out a small duo solo. Johnny jumped around on stage, forcing a smile to my lips.

Jimmy was behind his drum set, his smile growing from ear to ear. It made me a little nervous that he was behind his drum set, but if he felt up to it I wouldn't stop him. I looked up at Matt and gave him a nervous smile. I needed to apologize to him about the other day. I was nervous and wanted only good news. I never gave him a chance to speak.

"Come here, Little Sullivan."I walked over to Matt and watched as my family walked over to this side of the house.

I leaned toward him, cupping the microphone with my hand and said, "I want to apologize about getting angry with you. I had no right. I should have let you talk."

"It's okay."He smiled."I understand. You were nervous. But let's not worry about that right now. Let's celebrate your birthday."

I let my hand fall from the mic as Matt wrapped a strong arm over my shoulders. He brought the microphone to his lips and said, "Today is Hillari's twenty first birthday and I want to congratulate her on getting really far in life. Happy Birthday Hillari."

The guys stepped up to us and each made a small statement, which made my cheeks blush a soft pink. Jimmy laughed as he took the mic from Brian and said, "Hillari, I've known you for a few years and I think your the best damn daughter a man could ask for. I'm so proud of you and want nothing but the best. I love you sweetheart. Happy birthday."

I escaped from Matt's grip, just to wrap my arms around Jimmy's waist.

"I love you too, Jimmy."I smiled.

A few awes echoed out into the crowd and I laughed quietly. Matt stole the mic from Jimmy once more and said, "Who wants to hear some music?"

I rose my hand as my aunts, uncles, cousins and parents cheered them on. I stepped away from Matt and found Devin's side as they set up for their first song.

"Hillari,"Jimmy spoke."we have a favor to ask you. I just so happened to forget my lines to this song. Could you sing them for me?"

I let my head fall as I felt my cheeks grow hot once again.

"Come on, Hillari."He bribed."It's Fiction."

"I don't know the words."I blushed.

Devin placed a hand to the middle of my back and gave me a push, signaling me to go up there. There was a short couple seconds of clapping as I made my way back to Matt.

"This is originally played on the piano, but we decided to play it here for you guys. If this song sounds absolutely crazy, it's Jimmy's doing. He wrote it."Matt laughed as he reached the side for another mic.

I gripped it tightly, watching as everyone's eyes were on me. Matt dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out a slip of paper with my words on it. I chuckled lightly as Brian and Zacky began playing the song. It was only a matter of time before Matt's raspy voice echoed into the backyard. I felt my chest tighten when my part soon came along.

I looked down at the paper, singing softly, "Not that I could. Or that I would. Let it burn under my skin. Let it burn."

I chewed on my bottom lip as Matt continued on. The song came to a painfully slow end and I finished it off. I put my mic to the floor and walked my way to Devin.

"There you go, Hillari!"The guys clapped for me, as did the rest of the family.

I gave a small wave before digging my face into Devin's shoulder like a small child. I was completely embarrassed. I don't normally get up and sing. I just go to parties and get shit faced. Devin wrapped his arms around me and said, "You did pretty good, actually. I was expecting you to sound like a dying walrus or something, but you sounded amazing."

"Thanks."I said laughed.

I looked back at the guys and watched as they continued on for a few more songs. I watched Jimmy the most, however, but he seemed like he was having a good time. He was hot and sweaty, but he never stopped or took hold of his chest. I let a smile come to my lips as he came to a finish and tossed his drum sticks far behind him.

I quickly hid behind Devin as Johnny ran at me, arms spread wide open. He began shouting, forcing everyone to jump into a fit of laughter. He tried to stop me from racing around Devin and shouted, "Don't you want a hug, Hillari?!"

"Go away! You're gross right now!"I chuckled as Devin stuck out his foot, forcing Johnny to face plant it into the grass.

"You don't yell at Devin when he fucks with Johnny."Brian muttered quietly.

"Cause he isn't an asshole to him like you."Matt smirked."You're out for blood. Devin's out for laughs."

"What's the difference?"Brian grinned.

"You guys were amazing."I helped Johnny to his feet and walked with everyone else to the back."Thankyou guys for playing for my birthday. You didn't have to do that."

"That's like saying you didn't have to breath to us, Hill."Zacky smiled."We love playing."

"And we love you!"I squealed as Jimmy cupped my face and pressed a sloppy, wet kiss to my cheek.

"Back up!"I pushed him away, wiping at my face."That was so bad."

"Where are the beers at?"Brian looked around the yard like a hungry animal.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. No alcohol allowed."I smiled.

"Yeah, right."He bee lined it for the first cooler he saw, leaving us in the dust.

"Get me one!"Johnny shouted.

Brian brought a hand to the back of his head, but instead of scratching at his hair, he let his middle finger rise up and flip him off.

"Thanks Bri Bri!"He shouted.

After a few shorts laughs and talking with everyone at my house, I found Jimmy pulling lightly at my arm. I turned and gave him a smile.

"What's up, Jimmy?"I asked.

"I wanna talk to you for a minute."He motioned me away from the crowd and I followed.

I took notice of his fist balled up and realized soon after that it was his medicine as he popped the pills into his mouth. He swallowed it down with a sip of soda and grew disgusted once more at the taste.

"So, gross."He shivered.

I tried to hide my laughter as he shook his head.

"What did you have to say?"I asked.

I was hoping he would want to talk about the tour. I wanted to tell him my opinion on it first and see what happened from there. I didn't want him to play on tour, just for his health's sake. I didn't want to get that phone call at three in the morning saying Jimmy had been brought to the hospital again. The first time was a heart attack; who knew what would happen the second time around.

"It's about the tour."He said softly."I know you are hesitant on me going, but that's what I wanted to talk to you about. What's going on through that thick skull of yours?"

I stole a large swig from my beer and swallowed hard. This was what I was waiting for, but now I didn't know how to start.

"I don't want to get a call saying your in the hospital."I frowned."Or dead."

"That's not gonna happen, Hillari."He sighed softly."I took a physical for the tour and I'm perfectly capable of playing the drums."

I let my head fall slightly and Jimmy must have taken notice.

"How about this,"He reached into his pocket, pulling out his cell phone."would it make you feel better if you come to a few of our shows?"

I looked up, my eyes widening in surprise. I didn't know how tour buses worked. I didn't know how bands worked for that matter.

"Will there be drugs?"Jimmy burst into laughter and shook his head.

"Absolutely not. At least not on our bus."He said."But there will be alcohol."

"I can deal with that."I smiled."But that's a big question. Can I think about it?"

"Nope. I need an answer now."He chuckled."Yes, you can think about it. We leave on the nineteenth, but if you want to come, let me know as soon as possible, okay? That way you can watch us play from back stage -"

"Can I go into the crowd?"I bit my lip, hoping the answer would be a yes.

"I don't kn -"He began.

"I wont go into the mosh pits if that makes you feel any better?"It was more of a question than an answer.

"Why do I have a feeling you would anyway?"He questioned.

"Because I probably will."I admitted.

"We'll see."He said."The last thing I want is some security douche bag carrying you into the back for whatever reason it be."

"Okay. I'll let you know when I figure it out."I stopped for a moment, wondering how Devin would feel about the situation.

"Sounds good to me, sweetheart."He pressed a kiss to my forehead and smiled."Happy birthday."

"Thankyou, Jimmy."I walked with him toward the crowd and swallowed hard.

How would Devin take me leaving for a few days? Especially knowing I would be on a tour bus with a bunch of metal head guys? He would probably worry, but I would only hope he would trust me enough to not think twice about it. It wasn't the guys I would worry about. It would be the fans and the crowds. I wiped down my face with my hand and shook the thoughts from my head.

"This is going to be a long night."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers! :D

Little note ;;
I put updates on my profile page in case any of you guys are wondering what the hell is going on.
I'll update it daily if I can and let everyone know what's up.
So if you're wondering what the hell just go to my profile.
I also have a Coming Soon section.
There's currently two stories coming soon.
There could be more on the way :)
I also have a question for you readers on the profile.
It's a good question though.
I need some help.
Maybe you guys can do the job ;)
Thankyou guys!