‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Early Morning Talk

I let out a quiet sigh as I let my eyes fall on Devin. His face was neatly tucked into the nape of my neck, which only forced a small smile to come to my lips. He was my rock, my first love. He was everything I could ask for and tell things too, but for some reason I was having trouble with this question. I jumped slightly when he groaned in his sleep and laughed quietly to myself.

His left arm was wrapped loosely around my waist, so it gave me free reign when I rolled over to face him. I let my fingers softly trail down his temple and to his lips. He was so cute when he slept. He was like a giant teddy bear in a coma. He doesn't wake up for anything, even if the house was falling down around him. I ran my fingers through his buzzed head and smiled.

A yawn crept up my throat and out of my lips. I looked over at the clock on the wall and groaned inwardly. It was eight o' clock in the morning and I was wide awake. I had only gotten a few short hours of sleep because of the question on my mind. I wasn't asking Devin, per se, for permition to go, but his opinion. I wanted to know how he felt about me being gone for a few days.

Jimmy had easily agreed to fly me back home by the fourth day, but I wasn't so sure anymore. I wanted to make sure that he was safe and taking his medication. Something was curled in the pit of my stomach, however, when I thought of him playing. I had come to the conclusion that if he worsens over the tour, I would take a break from school to be with him.

I wouldn't risk being away and getting that phone call that would change my life around. I didn't want to find out he was asking for me on his death bed and I wasn't there to be with him. I wiped furiously at my watering eyes and shook the thoughts from my head. This was something I didn't need to worry about right now. Jimmy would be fine. At least that's what I was telling myself.

I let a quiet gasp escape my lips as Devin's arms tightened immensely around me. I tried to pull and loosen his grip, but his dreams kept me in his iron lock. I bit down on my bottom lip as I felt pain circle around my ribs. He was a strong guy, but it didn't stop me from shaking him awake. Loudly, I said, "Devin, let go! Dev!"

I tapped his cheek, forcing him to flutter his eyes open.

"What's wrong?"I took a tight hold on his wrist and he gasped softly."I'm sorry!"

He released me from his arms and I rubbed my sides.

"Thanks."I said softly."I love when you hold me, but maybe next time you wont bruise my ribs."

He chuckled quietly before lifting the sheets. He let his hand slide down my bare sides and smiled warmly. He looked up at me with pleasent eyes before whispering, "I never thought I'd have such a beautiful woman in my life."

My cheeks flushed a brilliant red as the comment slipped his tongue.

"You don't have to comment me, Dev."I pressed a light peck to his lips and smiled."I have you and that's all that matters."

"Why shouldn't I compliment you?"He questioned."It's the least I could do for you."

"No, the least you could do would be never to crush me again."I chuckled.

"Deal."He grinned."Unless you deserve it."

Devin rolled partcially over myself and pressed a sweet, passionate kiss on my lips. I let my hands brush against his cheeks as he let his hands glide down my bare sides. I let a squeal break the kiss as he began tickling me.

"This is not how this,"I laughed."is supposed to go!"

"What?"He looked around, as if he were in a daze."How what's supposed to go?!"

"Dev!"I cried."Stop!"

"Stop what?!"I took a tight hold on his wrists, but he refused to stop.

"You're going to,"I giggled loudly under his touch."make me, piss, myself!"

"You ain't ruining your clothes. You're already naked."He smirked.

I pulled myself away from him after a moment, but as my feet grazed my floor, he yanked me back onto the bed. I tried quickly to catch my breath as he wrapped his arms around my waist again. Devin was honestly the type of guy to make you laugh when you're feeling down. I looked over at him and gave him a nervous smile.

Now that he was awake, I might as well break the question to him. He looked at me with a questioning stare and asked, "What's on your mind, Hillari?"

"It's nothing, really."I said softly.

"It has to be something. It looks like it's bothering you."He frowned.

"I don't know how to ask this."I sighed."It's a weird question. Jimmy asked me last night."

"Is it bad?"He positioned himself so he was leaning on his elbow.

"Depends on how you take it."I looked down at my blanket, afraid to meet his gaze.

"Go ahead and tell me, sweetheart."He persuaded.

I wanted to just tell him that I was going away for a few days, but it would break my heart to see his expression. I took a light grip on his hand and with enough strength, looked up into his eyes.

"I don't want Jimmy to go on tour."I began."So, he asked if I was willing to go with them for a few days. I wanted your opinion on it."

"What bands are going? If Metallica goes then I have to go to."He smiled.

"I don't know who's going, actually."I frowned."But I don't really think Metallica is going to an Avenged Sevenfold concert. Sorry, Dev."

"Well, to be honest, I don't really like the idea, but I know the guys will take good care of you. I'm not worried about them,"He stopped for a moment, like he was collecting his thoughts."it's the other bands that worry me. I don't want any of them to see you as a piece of meat."

"I know, but I didn't plan on hanging around with anyone but the guys, you know? I planned on staying in the bus, or walking around the area."I stated sweetly."It's nothing too big."

"I'm not going to say you can't go, because you can make your own decisions, but I would like you to call me over those few days."He frowned slightly.

"Of course I will, Dev. Why wouldn't I?"I chuckled, but it didn't lighten the mood much.

"When do they go on tour?"He asked.

"In two days."I sighed.

"Well, at least I can have you all to myself until then."He pressed a kiss to my forehead and smiled approvingly."Give him a call later on. Tell him you'll go."

"Well, I have to let my 'rents know,"My stomach dropped at the thought."that's my next down fall."

"You're parents are cool. They'll let you go."He said.

"It's my dad I'm more worried about. I mean I'm twenty one and he can't necesarrily tell me where I can and can't go, but I would like to have his opinion on it."I said.

"Let the guys talk to him about it."He said."He'll give in."

"I hope you're right."I whispered.

"I'm going to finish sleeping - I promise I wont crush you - and then we'll go get some breakfast. Sound good?"He asked.

"Sounds good."I smiled.

Devin rolled over after a quick kiss and my smile dropped. My dad wants nothing but the best for me, but when he finds out I'll be touring for a few days, I don't think he's going to like it. I wasn't allowd to go to my first concert with friends until I was eighteen. It was during college, so he really had no say, but he didn't quite like the idea.

I was going to need a lot of luck on my side in order to keep him happy. I could only hope he gives me the best wishes when I go. I let a hand roll down my face and sighed softly. It was going to take a lot of courage and balls to bring it up to them. I felt like I was going to tell them I was pregnant. It was weird and discomforting, but I could only give it my best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers! :D

So I have the bands that will be on tour!
Thanks to ForeverPlagued, I have two bands coming on.
I'm not going to spoil who it is,
but it would definitely be a concert I would go to in a heart beat :D