‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Convincing Dad

I sat at the kitchen table, playing with the strings at the end of my shorts. Devin came over, sitting lazily in the seat beside me. He placed a heavy hand on his stomach and groaned in pain.

"I ate way too much."I leaned back in my seat, placing my hands behind my hand.

"I ate just enough. Maybe next time you wont pig out."I smirked.

I watched as my parents trailed through the front door, carrying a few bags in each hand. I got up to help, but my parents waved me off.

"We're good."They placed the bags on the island and I began to sift through them.

"Whatcha get me?"They laughed in my direction when I frowned.

I looked back at Devin and he gave me a hopeful smile. I was just going to come out with it and ask, rather than sit and debate on how to word it. I leaned against the island as they began putting things away. I crossed my arms over my chest and took in a deep breath.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you guys about something."I said softly."Just an opinion, I guess."

"Like what?"My dad closed the fridge behind him and looked at me sternly.

I swallowed hard as my mom gave me a smile. They were most likely going to be nervous about the idea. My mom would see no problem with it, but my dad would give it major thought.

"Jimmy asked me something the night of my party. I got Devin's opinion, but I wanted yours too."I sat up on the island and swallowed down my fear."He wants me to take a few days off and tour with them."

"Absolutely not."My jaw fell.

I didn't even take a breath before I recieved my dad's answer. My mom frowned in his direction before looking back at me.

"Why not? I wasn't asking if you would let me go. I was asking for your opinion."I said.

"Oh, that's all?"My dad spat."I don't like that idea. I would feel very uncomfortable if you did go. Especially without me."

"I'm going to have all the guys on the same bus as me, dad. You can trust the guys, right? They know not to let anything hap -"I choked as he gave me an angrily glare.

"I said no and that's it, Hillari. You don't like my answer? To fucking bad. I'm not giving you my opinion. I'm telling you you can't go."He growled.

"I'm twenty one for fucks sake, dad. I think I'm allowed to do what I want."I stepped down from the island, but flinched when he stepped toward me.

Devin raised himself from his seat, not sure of how to take the situation. My dad would never hit me, but Devin has never seen him get so angry before. I didn't want to push him the wrong way, because if I had even the slightest chance of going, I wanted to take advantage of that. I let out a sigh as he said, "Age doesn't matter in my book, Hillari. Leave it alone."

I walked away from him, my hands balling at my sides. Devin looked back at my dad as I went to go upstairs. I stopped, though, and said, "By the way, I'm not going to have fun. I'm going to make sure Jimmy will be okay."

I slowly walked up the stairs, Devin trailing quickly behind me. He must have been shocked at the outcome, because my father and I never fight. If we do it's normally a small arguement, but nothing too serious. As we reached my bedroom he shut the door behind him. He turned in my direction and said, "Wow. Did that really just happen? Was he going to hit you?!"

"No."I chuckled lowly."He tries to size me up and scare me. Doesn't really work, though."

"It would scare me."He laughed.

"That's because you're not a very intimidating man, Dev."I giggled."At least not to me."

Devin opened his mouth to protest, but soft knocking came at my door. We both looked as my mom walked in and shut it behind her. She sat beside me on my bed and frowned slightly.

"I know you want to go on tour with the guys, so I'm going to try and talk to dad about it, okay?"She smiled softly."I can't guarantee a yes out of it, but I'll try."

"What if you call one of the guys, Hillari?"Devin replied."Then you'll have your mom and one of the guys talking him into it."

"Who would I call?"I thought for a moment before a smile came to my lips."How about Matt? Jimmy will probably agree with my dad just so I don't have to go. Yeah, he asked me to come, but I think if he had a chance at keeping me here he would."

"Than do that."My mom smiled."I'm gonna go. Try and get him to give me a yes."

"Thanks mom."She escaped through my bedroom door and I reached into my front pocket.

This was going to take some talking to, but I think Matt could do the job. I was hoping he wasn't extremely busy so he could help me out. I dialed his number rather quickly before pressing my phone to my ear. After a few rings he eventually picked up.

Hey, Hillari. What's up?

"I have a huge favor to ask you."I said quietly.

Oh, I'm fine, thanks.

"Sorry."I chuckled lightly."How are you, Matt?"

Oh, me? Yeah, pretty good.

I smiled as he laughed through the other end.

What's the favor?

"I wanted my dad's opinion about going on tour, but instead of an opinion, he decided to tell me I couldn't go. Wanna talk to him for me? Tell him I'll be safe around five big dudes?"I asked."Well, minus Johnny, really."

I'll do that. Give me a couple minutes to think of what I can say that'll make him feel better about the idea.

We hung up after a few moments and I crossed my fingers.

"Hopefully this will work."I whispered."I have to go."

"I think you just want to meet whoever else is playing."Devin smirked.

"That's my goal."I rolled my eyes before lying down on my bed.

It was up to Matt to get my dad to let me go. I knew he needed to cool down, but I knew for a fact that I needed to keep Jimmy in tact. I let a sigh escape my lips as Devin stole my computer chair in front of my bed. If Matt could talk my dad into letting me go on tour, then he would be my saviour. I was going for four whole days. I don't think he'll miss me.

I had to promise myself that I wouldn't over bear Jimmy with his playing and let him do his thing. I didn't want him to think I never wanted him to play again. He played well at my party, but I know that during concerts, the fans expect you to go crazy while you play. He was determined to make sure every fan left the concert excited and content with their show.

It was up to me, and the guys, to make sure that Jimmy took his medication and had enough rest. I was only worried about when the time came. What exactly would I do if I saw Jimmy collapse on stage? What would I do when I saw him being taken out in an ambulance? I shook the thoughts from my head quickly. I could only hope that didn't happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers! :D

This is kind of just a filler. The next one will be perty cool :D