‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Suspicious

"Her name is Angela Baccardi."Shadows grinned like a fool over this girl."We went to school with her a long time ago."

"Uh huh,"I nodded my head slowly.

Shadows seemed to be drowning over this girl in his own drool. He was becoming aggrivating, which only put my anger toward this new girl. She was, in Jimmy's words, their new assistant. Angela was capable of helping with their sound check to selling things out on the fields. I don't know if it's because I just met her, but I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach she was trouble.

Shadows wrapped a strong arm over my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. With a low chuckle, he said, "Don't worry, Hillari. I still love you."

"I'm not worried about your dying love for me, Shadows."I tried to force a smile, but acting wasn't in my best interest today."I'm afraid this new girl is going to have you forgetting about Jimmy's condition. I only have three more days on this tour. If I have to I will take a few days off of schoo -"

"Absolutely not."Shadows pulled away, allowing me to smoke more of my dying cigarette."I can't have you leaving school because you're worried, Hill. I wont have it."

"Only if Jimmy gets bad, is what I'm saying. I really only have my trust put in you for making sure he'll be okay, Shadows."I sighed."I just don't want anything bad happening to him."

Shadows came forward and gently took hold of my hand. I gave him a sad smile when he said, "You can give me one hundred percent of your trust, Hillari. I wont let you down. Yes, I haven't seen Angela in ages, but no matter what happens between me and her, Jimmy will always be number one on my to do list. I don't want to see him get sick ether."

"Thankyou, Shadows."I gave him a hug before stepping out my cigarette.

"What's with my stage name all of a sudden?"He asked."You never referred to me as Shadows."

"So I don't get you and Tuck confused."I chuckled.

"Makes sense."He shrugged.

The large doors that led back inside pushed open, revealing Angela in the process. She gave us a warm, shy smile before saying, "Valentine is going on in ten minutes. You may want to get the guys ready. Papa Roach goes on after them. You know who's next in line. I have everything set up. All you need to do is remember your lines."

"I think I can handle that."I could almost see Shadow's tongue wagging out of his mouth.

I gave a roll of my eyes, forcing Angela to chuckle lowly. When I looked in her direction, however, she cowarded back and into the stadium.

"She's very shy."I admitted.

"Yeah, she really is. Once you get to know her though,"Shadow's let out a whoo before continuing."she can go on and on for days. Unless she has a good book in her hands. You wont get her to talk for shit."

"Alright,"I chuckled and placed my hand on Shadow's shoulder."let's head inside."

Shadows and I made our way inside, but before we could head back stage, Jimmy stopped us.

"Thank god,"He breathed."I was looking for you. Look, the doors right there -"

"Yeah, the ones me and Matt just went out."I smiled."Continue."

"Are the exit, doors."He frowned."Well, you have that down pat. Look, Hillari, when we go on, I want you to signal me if anything happens -"

"Jimmy! I'll be okay,"I said softly."I promise. If anything happens I'll go to Jacoby or Matt."

Jimmy let out a quiet sigh before letting his head drop. I understand that he was worried about me, but then again I wasn't a sixteen year old fan. I was a twenty one year old woman and even though I may not seem like it to him, I was capable of doing more adult things. I know Jimmy doesn't want to see it; he hasn't known me for too long.

But then again, that wasn't his choice to make. Jimmy pulled me into a tight hug and stroked my hair softly. He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and smiled. Quietly, he said, "I know. You're my Little Sullivan. I don't want anything to happen to you. That and your dad would probably kill me."

"Yeah."I chuckled."He would."

I pulled away from him and gave Shadow's a smile. I watched as Angela walked by, who caught Shadow's attention very quickly.

"Have fun, Shadows."I grinned.

He chased after her, placing his arm around her shoulder when he caught up. I looked up at Jimmy, who only shook his head. Jimmy didn't go to school with Angela, but he did know her through the rest of the guys. Angela had in fact gone out with Shadows while they were in high school, only to end it once the band got signed. She didn't want to get in the way of his dreams.

I found that line leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I didn't know how sweet or nasty this woman could get, so I would only have to find out. Now that she was a few steps below being in a band, I didn't want her to think she could get away with anything. If Jimmy happened to get sick or something would happen to him because of her - Shadows would be out of a girlfriend.

"Let's go watch the guys play."From a distance, we could hear the guitars and drums wailing away toward the crowd.

I stood off in the distance, watching as Bullet For My Valentine took over the stage. The way they stroked the guitars and pounded the drums was like euphoria to my ears. I closed my eyes, listening to the soft, but thunderous voice of Matt Tuck. They played multiple songs and won over more than a few new fans after their set.

I had been blessed with seeing my two favourite bands play, and for free for that matter. It was a special gift, knowing that I could see them play. I didn't want to get too excited, however, because Jimmy was still on the top of my list. I didn't want to see him get sick again. Jimmy whispered loudly he had to get ready, leaving me to watch alone.

The curtains fell, allowing Valentine to escape the stage and allow Papa Roach on for their set. Jacoby scathed by me, pulling me into a tight hug in the process. I wished him and the band luck as they ran out onto the stage, earning multiple cheers and screams. This crowd was honestly crazy; mosh pits even at the calmest of songs.

They seemed true to their bands, however, because most sported some sort of band logo as a tattoo. I let a smile crawl onto my lips as a young girl in the front row rose her fist, screaming up at Papa Roach. She had a deathbat on the front of her chest and from what I could see, the lyrics to one of their songs. I was happy to know that the guys' fans were more than willing to give up part of their body to support them.

I crossed my arms over my chest as they began playing Kick In The Teeth. People grooved, jumped and danced rythmaclly to the music. Their set lasted a little less longer than I hoped, but before they danced their way off stage, they promised one more song.

I walked away from the set and made my way backstage. I popped open the door slowly and earned cheers when the guys took sight of me. I chuckled lowly when I saw the amount of make up they had covering their face. Johnny turned and looked at me with a questioning stare. Loudly, he asked, "What? A guy can't be in touch with his feminine side?"

"Maybe if you had a make up artist."I giggled.

"I am my own make up artsit, sweet cheeks."He grinned."Wish us luck!"

"Good luck, guys."A soft knock came at the door, but before anyone could answer to it, Angela stepped in.

"You guys are on in five."She stated sweetly.

She looked in my direction and gave me a shy smile.

"We didn't really meet yet."She stuck her hand out to introduce herself."I'm Ang -"

"Angela Baccardi."I finished."Shadows goes on about you too much."

"Oh."She dropped her head and clasped her hands together.

I tried to hide a smile when her cheeks flushed a soft pink. She laughed quietly to herself before looking back up at the guys.

"Aw, Angela is embarrassed!"Jimmy squealed.

He wrapped his long arm around her shoulders and rubbed a loose fist in her hair.

"Jimmy!"She pushed him away and flattened out her hair.

I stiffled a laugh as she tried to regain their attention.

"You guys should get ready. You're going on!"She waved us away before exiting out the door.

"You guys are mean."I laughed.

"Not as mean as we can be."Brian smirked.

"Don't be a jerk."I warned."Or I'll set up the stage so you trip."

"Wont be the first time."Johnny chuckled.

"Or the last."Zacky grinned.

"Fuck you guys. I'm going out."Brian left the room and I shook my head.

He was very good at getting angry. If it were between Shadows and Brian in a temper tantrum fight, he wouldn't be behind Shadows by much. The door opened once more and Brian stepped in.

"I forgot my good luck hug."He wrapped his arms around my petite frame and yanked me from the floor.

"Okay! Good luck!"I cried.

The room errupted in laughter as he headed toward the stage. I gave each of the guys a hug and followed them up to the stage. I watched as Jimmy patted his drum sticks along the air, giving it one last practice before he went on. Jacoby introduced Avenged Sevenfold, which set the crowd to go crazy. I watched, in amazement, as they ran along the stage, shouting and high fiving the people closest to them.

Bullet For My Valentine and Papa Roach were a group of very talented individuals. Yet when I saw my father's band play for the first time, it was different. It was as if they could feel every beat their instruments strung. Every line that Shadows sang through the micro phone. They were a different group of people and certainly talented at that.

Their show went on for a while before they ended it with Unholy Confessions. It must have been a fan favourite, because the crowd instantly errupted in screams. As the last few notes came from their instruments, they guys wished the crowd a good night and thanked them for coming out. I now know why their fans loved them so much. It wasn't just the music.

They jogged off the stage, passing me with ease. I watched as Jimmy walked toward me, an exhausted smile pressed against his lips. I put a hand to his chest and looked up into his eyes. Quietly, I asked, "How do you feel, Jimmy?"

"I feel great."He breathed."Just tired."

I nodded in his direction and allowed him to pass. I crossed my arms over my chest and watched as he walked away. I don't know if he was expecting me to watch him head toward the room or not, but I saw his hand climb up and press tightly against his chest. It sent a shock of pain through me to see him fighting through his illness to keep everyone else happy.

My shield of happiness had been instantly shattered then. My walls broke down and all I could feel was fear for Jimmy. What if his next show didn't go as planned? I knew the guys had two close friends they could call in an emergancy to fill in, but I didn't want it to come to that. I knew Jimmy didn't want it to come to that.

I walked my way toward the back room and met with the bands. They were all tired, but once sipping on a cold beer, they were almost revived. We didn't get out of the California stadium for another few hours. Fans waited and recieved autographs before we packed the bus up once more. Everyone piled in and I found Jimmy going to bed early.

I made my way back into my small room and plopped down onto my bed. It had been a long day, but even longer for the guys. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed my father. I explained how the day went and he was actually happy for me. I gave him my concern for Jimmy, but he only told me to wait it out. I couldn't pressure him, which was true.

As I hung up with my father, I dialed up Devin quickly. It had seemed like too long since I could hear his voice. After the fourth ring he picked up, sounding quite tired. Quietly, I said, "I miss you, Dev."

"How are you? How was the show?"He asked.

"Really good, actually."I smiled.

"And Jimmy?"I choked on my breath for a moment.

"I'm worried about him, Dev."I sighed."I think he's getting chest pains."

"You can't be too sure, you know."He said calmly."Keep an eye on him, Hillari. If you think something is really wrong, then tell him. He'll listen to you."

"I know,"I stopped, trying to think of what to say.

I wanted to force Jimmy home and make him sleep his illness away. I wanted to snap my fingers and cure his heart disease. I let a quiet sigh escape my lips before I crawled under my blankets.

"I'll see how everything goes, Dev."I whispered."I'll let you know. I love you."

"I love you too, Hillari. Don't worry about it. Have fun."He said quietly."I'll see you soon."

I hung up with Devin and put my phone next to my ear. It was going to take a lot of strength not to mention anything to the guys, especially Shadows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows

Thankyou subscribers! :D

Thankyou guys for being so patient with me!
I know, I'm a dick!
I've been all over the place crazy.
I've had a lot of doctors' appointments. :(
I have to get something done,
I forget the name,
but I have to get put to sleep,
and get a tube down my throat.
It sounds painful,
but it's not :)
So, I'm going to update as much as I can before then.
Sorry again guys :(
And as you can tell,
Matt Shadows is going to go by exactly that.
Shadows.
Just so Matt Tuck and Matt Shadows don't get mixed up.
Matt Tuck goes by Matt.
Matt Shadows goes by Shadows.
Make sense?
I hope so.