‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

For Jimmy's Sake

I placed my cell phone back into my pocket and pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose. They weren't as good as my first pair, but they would have to do. I pulled my chocolate locks into a pony tail and sat down on my bed. It had been a long morning, but I was able to get in touch with my school. I only explained I had personal issues to attend, so they gave me until next semester to come back.

I was happy to know that my school was so caring and thoughtful. I had a feeling if I were anywhere else in the world, they would simply kick me out if I never showed up. I rubbed my temples softly and let a yawn escape my lips. I was tired and ready for a nap. Avenged Sevenfold's show was starting in a few hours, but people were already starting to show up.

I didn't know who was coming to play for Jimmy, but I was only hoping it was someone good enough. Jimmy seemed to be picky when he wasn't playing. I turned toward my doorway when the curtain suddenly pulled back. Jimmy peeked his head in, a small frown plastered against his features. I waved him in and he reluctantly sat on my bed next to me.

"I'm sorry, Hillari."He stated softly."I shouldn't have done that to you."

"It's okay."I wiped a hand down my face, but forced a smile his way."I spoke with Angela. She kind of cleared things up for me. I see why Shadows is in love with her."

Jimmy chuckled quietly before saying, "Yeah, you can tell he still has strong feelings for her."

"Maybe I should play the love doctor."I giggled."I don't know how to set up old peo -"

"We are not old!"Jimmy scoffed.

I slapped a hand to Jimmy's back and grinned.

"You're gettin' there, pops."I smirked.

Jimmy simply shook his head and let his eyes touch every spot in my small room. His eyes landed on the guitar and I knew he was going to question me about it. Jacoby had given me a spare accustic he had and tried to teach me how to play Scars. It wasn't necesarrily difficult, but it was hard for someone who has never touched an instrument in their lifetime.

"I'm not going to play for a few shows."Jimmy sighed; he was honestly heart broken over that fact."Just until I feel better."

"I don't want to crush your dreams, Jimmy."I frowned."I want you to do what you love, but I don't want you to get sick. It would kill me if you ended up in the hospital again."

"That's not going to happen, Hillari."Jimmy assured."I called my doctor and he's faxing a new prescription to the local Pharmacy. My new medication will help me more. I have to wait a few days for it to kick in my system, but eventually I'll feel better. I just want to apologize again for that secret meeting I held. I should have included you into it."

"You should have, but you didn't. I understand, though."I gave him a weak smile.

Jimmy hesitantly placed a heavy arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You're my little girl, Hillari. I don't want to see you upset."He stated."I guess I can't help but think of you as a little eight year old child. I don't want you to see the real life yet."

"I'm a twenty one year old woman, Jimmy."I argued.

"I know."He groaned."Don't remind me. Next thing I'm gonna get is an invitation in the mail for your wedding."

"You can be my brides maid."I chuckled.

"You're funny."Jimmy smirked.

"I know, hilarious."He rubbed a fist along my hair, forcing it to stick out in every direction."That was definately an asshole move."

I pulled away from Jimmy with a smile. I pulled my hair from it's pony tail and combed it through with my fingers. After putting it back up, Jimmy pointed over to the guitar in the corner.

"What's with that?"He asked."I saw you drop it earlier today."

"Jacoby gave it to me."I reached over and pulled it into my lap."He signed it too! He was teaching me how to play Scars. I wanted to show you and I guess I walked in at the wrong time."

"That's an easy song. Show me what you got."He sat back on the bed as I positioned myself to play.

I strummed my fingers roughly along the next of the guitar, trying my best to keep the rythm smooth. I let a low growl escape my lips when I continued to mess up.

"You're getting it."Jimmy laughed."Here,"

He replaced my fingers along the guitar, allowing me much easier access to each string and note.

"Try that."I followed through with the song and smiled happily."Better, right?"

"A shit load."I chuckled."Thanks."

After a few moments of playing the guitar as best as I could manage, there was a soft knock at the frame of my door. Jimmy and I both turned to look up and found Shadows pulling the curtain back. He gave me a nervous smile before turning to Jimmy.

"Arin's coming to play for you. I have him on the phone. He wants to talk to you."Jimmy got up and placed a warm kiss on my forehead.

"Be right back, Hillari."Jimmy stepped out of the room, but before Shadows could turn away, I called after him.

He peeked back into my room and I patted the bed next to me.

"I want to talk to you for a minute."I said softly.

I set the guitar aside and instantly felt the pit of my stomach tighten up. I was going to explain to Shadows what I had planned for the tour. I didn't need his permission to stop school temporarily, but I did need his permission to stay on board the tour. Shadows sat down beside me and asked, "What's up, Hillari?"

"I'm going to tell you something, but you can't get pissed off."I began slowly.

He arched his eyebrows before positioning himself more comfortably on the bed. He was readying himself for anything at this point. He most likely doesn't even know what coming to him. I swallowed hard before continuing on.

"I called up my school,"He instantly groaned and threw a hefty hand over his face.

"You did not just quit school on me, did you?"He let his head fall back in disappointment.

"I didn't quit! I promise!"I said in my defense."I canceled my classes until next semester. That's only a few months away, Matt."

"Why would you do something like that, Hillari?"I let my head drop as he continued to scold me."You have a bright future ahead of you and you pull something like that? That's probably the stupidist thing you've ever done."

"You done scolding me now, dad?"I crossed my arms over my chest and grew slightly angry with him.

"Continue."He sighed.

"In three months the new semester starts up. I will continue going then. As for right now, I wanted your permission to stay on tour and make sure Jimmy stays healthy. That's the only reason why I did this."I admitted."That way you guys can do your tour without the pressure of his illness on your shoulders."

Shadows stayed silent for a few moments and shook his head slightly. I could understand why he was angry with me; I didn't want to leave school temporarily ether. It was simply for Jimmy's health. I want the guys to enjoy their tour and have fun. I didn't want them, or at least Shadows, constantly worrying about Jimmy's health. It could ruin their shows.

I jumped slightly when Shadows cleared his throat. I was nervous about the answer, but my nerves loosened when a smile broke out on his face. I instantly took in a quiet sigh of relief. Quietly, he said, "Well, if I say no I wouldn't be surprised to find you bunking with the equipment. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you snuck onto another bus."

I chuckled lightly at his response. It was pretty much true. Even if he did say no, I would only find another way to get to their shows.

"So, in conclusion to that,"He looked down at me, forcing a stern look.

I choked on my breath again, afraid he was going to change his mind last minute.

"You can come."I quickly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

That was all the conformation I needed to feel better about the situation. Shadows chuckled quietly as he rubbed a hand down my back.

"Thankyou, Shadows."I said softly.

I pulled away, letting my smile grow from ear to ear.

"You guys can do whatever you want. I'll keep my eye on Jimmy."I let my smile quickly turn to a smirk, however, when I got an idea."In the meantime, I'll hang with Angela and tell her all your dirty little secrets."

"Now that, Little Sullivan, is a bad idea."He pointed out.

"I was drunk, Angela! I swear! I didn't know she had a penis!"I mocked Shadows playfully before earning a glare."She told me her name was Bethany! It was a one night st -"

Shadows clamped a hand over my mouth, forcing my laughter to go muffled.

"You can be a pain in the ass,"He laughed."but in a good way. At least you have your sense of humor back."

He pulled his hand away and yanked my small frame into a hug.

"I thought you were becoming an emo kid after a while."He commented.

"No, just under some stress. But I'll be okay now."I smiled.

"Just promise me one thing, Hillari."Shadows voice suddenly grew serious.

I looked up at him and waited for his response.

"No matter what happens to Jimmy, you can't panic. Some things you aren't going to expect. Some things are going to seem rather scary, but it's only part of his disease."He said."His new medications could have a bad side effect, but you can't panic. For Jimmy's sake, okay? If you need anything, even if it's in the middle of a show, you get me right away."

I let a small smile crawl against my lips. I knew Shadows cared immensly for Jimmy. They've been best friends for a long, long time. I simply nodded my head in agreement. I wasn't good when put into bad situations, but I could only do my best if the time ever came. I wasn't able to promise Shadows anything, because I could never be too sure.

"Okay, Shadows."I sighed."I'll try."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows

Thankyou subscribers! :D