‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Absolute Fear

Devin awoke early in the morning to an instant urge to pee. He groggily wiped a heavy hand down his face and looked over at Hillari. She was sound asleep and curled up into his side. A tired smile crawled along his lips as he tried desperately to get out of the bed without waking her. When his feet finally touched the floor, he quietly made his way to the bathroom.

Devin grabbed the handle and tried to push the door open. He was shocked when he walked forward and into the door anyway. He stopped for a moment and peeked into the bathroom. The door was stuck on something, but he couldn't figure out what it was. Devin tried to push the door open again, but even then it wouldn't open. He tried to stick his head in, but couldn't find much.

It was when Devin's eyes scanned across the small floor that he nearly had a heart attack himself. Devin choked on his breath as Jimmy's tattoos caught his eye. From what he could tell, Jimmy was lying, unresponsive, on the bathroom floor. Devin stepped back from the door, unsure of what to think. What does he do next? He can't wake Hillari.

Devin quickly closed the door and took in a deep breath. There was no way in hell he was just going to leave Jimmy lying there. Devin took a tight hold on the handle and gave a slow, deep breath. With all the strength he had, he yanked on the door, trying to open it in the opposite direction. The door creaked and cracked under the pressure, but it wouldn't break.

Devin tried again, but he wasn't getting far. The small handle on the door didn't give him much of a grip. He quickly escaped from the door and headed toward the bunks. He ripped open the first curtain he could and grabbed Matt's arm. He shook him awake quickly and earned an odd look from Matt himself. In a quick breath, Devin said, "Jimmy's unconcious."

The full sentence didn't leave his lips before Matt stumbled from his bunk. By the time his feet even grazed the floor, he was sprinting to the bathroom door. Matt grabbed the small handle and pushed on the door, but upon realizing Jimmy was blocking the way, he stopped. He closed the door like Devin had, but when he pulled the door in the opposite direction, it broke off the hinges.

Devin stood in awe at the large man as he pushed the door up against the wall. It wasn't a heavy, thick door, but there was no real way to get a good grip on it. Devin was a strong, young man, but Matt had the advantage. Matt knelt beside his best friend and placed a nervous hand over his lips. Matt pulled Jimmy halfway into the hall before patting his cheek.

"Hey, buddy,"Matt was so calm throughout the whole process."wake up. Jimmy,"

Devin scampered his way toward the driver, instantly telling him to go to the closest hospital. When he returned, he opened the fridge and took the first water bottle he saw. Devin knelt beside Matt, right as Jimmy started to come to. They could feel the bus pick up speed as he traveled down the highway. Devin didn't know where exactly they were, but he could only hope a hospital was close.

Jimmy tried to sit up, but he was still in a daze. Matt quickly helped him lie back down and reassured him he would be okay.

"Jimmy, can you sip this water?"Matt held Jimmy's head up as he poured only a slight amount of water into his mouth.

Jimmy choked slightly, but it didn't surprise them.

"Jimmy,"Matt's eyes welled up in tears rather quickly.

Devin took in a deep breath as Jimmy's eyes began to close once more. He didn't know what to expect out of everything that's been happening. He wasn't sure if Jimmy was going to live through this or not.

"stay with us."Matt whispered."We're bringing you to a hospital. You'll be okay, Jimbo."

Jimmy's lips moved slowly as he tried to form words. Devin brought his ear close to his lips and asked, "What is it, Jimmy?"

"Hillari,"He whimpered.

"Hillari's sleeping."Matt choked.

"Love, Hillari."Devin held back a sob as he pulled away from Jimmy.

"I know you love her, Jimmy."Devin sighed."You'll be okay, Jimbo. Just hold on for a few more minutes."

Devin watched as Jimmy's chest hesitantly rose and fell. It seemed like hours passed before it would rise again. Was his heart stopping?

"We're here!"The driver pulled the bus to a sudden stop before emerging from his seat."I'm getting some help!"

Devin watched as the driver opened the door and made his way outside. He turned back toward Jimmy, who's head was lying in Matt's lap. It was only a few seconds before nurses began piling into the bus. Devin was torn away from Jimmy and Matt as people tried to get him fully concious again. Devin stepped back toward the bus driver and watched intently.

They poked and prodded him with multiple instruments before placing an oxygen mask over his face. Devin let the water bottle slip from his hands as he watched in utter amazement. Yesterday evening Jimmy had been playing video games and joking with everyone on the bus. Not twenty four hours later, he was lying unresponsive on the hallway floor.

"Get out of the way,"They stepped aside as they pulled him onto a gerny.

Matt sat on his knees, in shock, as they pulled his best friend from the tour bus. Devin stepped over to him and watched as Matt, for the first time, finally broke down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows

Thankyou subscribers! :D