‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

No More Tears

Devin and I walked quickly into the hospital, food hanging loosely within our arms. I rushed into the waiting room and set the food on one of the seats. I walked up to Shadows, who was speaking calmly with the doctor. I pushed through Brian and stood beside him. Shadows and Brian looked down at me, smiling warmly. Their smiles seemed comforting, but I wouldn't know until I knew Jimmy's status.

"What's going on?"I asked politely."I - I'm his daughter, Hillari."

"My name is Dr. Rimmel. I'm your father's Cardiologist for the evening."He said softly."After a few tests I've come to find out how he managed to pass out. Now, it was only a few minutes before he was found. He's a lucky man."

I clasped my hands together and tried not to be so fidgety. I swallowed hard as he continued on.

"Jimmy's heart had slowed down to the point where he wasn't gaining enough oxygen. We gave him a few doses of medicine which seemed to bring him around. He doesn't remember much before he passed out, but other than that the cat scans show no permanent damage."I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard him talk.

I clasped a hand over my mouth as my eyes welled up in warm tears. This had been a close call for Jimmy, but he had pulled through once again. I brushed back my hair with my fingers and sniffled softly. Brian wrapped an arm around my shoulder and smiled warmly.

"Told you."He whispered softly.

"Now we have come to a conclusion that a small surgery is required to keep him safe."I froze slightly, but still listened in."It's nothing difficult. It's done every day. We would give Jimmy a biventricular pace maker. We make a small incision by his left collar bone and connect the wires to the walls of his heart. We place the pulse generator, the main part of the maker, inside the small pocket and sew him back up."

"What will the pace maker do?"I choked slightly.

"It sends electrical signals to the heart if it's rhythm falls off track. It's to keep his heart beating regularly."He gave me a warm smile and said, "Don't worry, Hillari. It sounds horrible, but it really isn't. Jimmy will be awake during the surgery, but it's never painful. It will take about an hour and he can go home the next day."

"That doesn't sound so bad."I looked up at Shadows who gave the doctor a small nod.

"I don't see why not. It'll help, right?"He asked.

"Certainly will. It will help prevent anymore irregular heart beats. It never lasts forever, but it helps."He said."I might have to tweak it a few times to get it right, but it's nothing short of good for you."

"So, he'll be okay?"I chewed on my bottom lip, waiting impatiently for the doctor to answer me.

"He'll be just fine."He reassured.

"Can we see him?"I questioned.

"Yes, you can see him. We only allow two people in at a time, so if you want figure out who will go first. I'll tell the nurse you wish to see him and they'll escort you to his room."He said.

"Thankyou so much, Dr. Rimmel."I whimpered.

"No problem, sweetheart. I'll make an appointment for his surgery when I go back inside. We'll probably send him out in about an hour or so."He waved us off before disappearing behind the two large doors.

I brushed my hands through my hair and felt my bottom lip begin to quiver. Now that I was no longer having an anxiety attack over Jimmy, I would able to cry out of happiness. I walked over to Devin and wrapped him tightly in a hug. I began to cry into his shoulder, which only confused him further. In a shakey voice, he asked, "Is he okay?"

"He's perfectly fine."I whimpered.

"Then why are you crying?"He laughed.

"Because I'm so fucking happy."I dug my face into his chest and let out all the pent up emotions I had.

He rubbed his hand down my back and chuckled lightly. It might have been amusing for him to see, but I was so overly excited and happy that Jimmy was okay. We would be able to walk out of the hospital with him if not tomorrow, then the next day. Devin placed his hand under my chin and lifted my head up slightly. He placed a warm kiss on my lips before saying, "He's okay. Don't cry anymore. I hate to see you upset."

"I'm just so happy."I smiled."He's going to be okay."

"And that's all you need to hear."I looked up when a nurse came in, asking for the Sullivan family.

After little deciding, Shadows and I were the ones to go see Jimmy first. I stepped up to Devin and pecked him quickly on the lips. I turned to leave, but he grabbed my arm softly. I looked back at him as he said, "Remember, he's okay now."

"I know."I felt my heart jump into my throat as we grew closer to his room.

I clutched Shadows hand tightly when the nurse stopped in front of Room 139. I took in a deep breath as she popped open the door. She gave us a warm smile and stepped aside. I looked at Shadows and said, "You go in first."

Shadows walked through the door and rose his arms.

"Jimbo!"He shouted.

"Shades!"I placed a heavy hand over my chest before I stepped in.

I slowly made my way inside, unsure on how this meeting would go. It had been a good few hours since I had seen Jimmy, so this was certainly heart wrenching. When I walked around the white curtain around his bed, Jimmy opened his arms wide.

"There's my girl."He smiled.

My eyes quickly welled in tears when I saw the machines connected to him. An oxygen wire was shoved into his nose, helping him breath easily. An iv was pressed into his arm, along with circular stickers stuck tight to his chest. A small clip was hugging his pointer finger, which only made me begin to cry. Jimmy's face fell when he noticed how upset I had gotten.

"Don't cry, Hillari."He frowned.

"I'm sorry."I furiously wiped at my eyes.

I was crying once again, but I wasn't sure why. I knew Jimmy was going to be okay, but I couldn't help myself. Jimmy playfully sent me a stern glare and said, "Now little lady you best stop your cryin'."

I chuckled lightly before going to his side. Jimmy pulled me into a hug and rubbed a hand down my back.

"I'm so sorry."He whispered.

"Why?"I pulled away and patted my eyes dry once more.

"Just for making you go through all this shit. I don't mean it."He frowned.

"Dude, it's not your fault."Shadows said.

"You can't apologize for something you can't help."I added.

"I know."He sighed."I just hate making you guys go through all this shit."

"Yeah, but it happens dude."Shadows assured."Don't worry about it."

"Doc tell you what's going on?"He asked.

I sat up on Jimmy's bed and tried to keep a happy conversation. He explained what he could remember before he passed out. Jimmy tried to make little jokes here and there, but I didn't see anything that was funny anymore. I was more than thankful he was okay, but the surgery had me a little worried. Jimmy assured me they did it every day, but I was his daughter.

I couldn't help but worry. I leaned back into the bed with Jimmy and let out a loud yawn. Both Shadows and Jimmy laughed and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. Quietly, Jimmy said, "You can take a nap, Hillari. I'll be here for a while."

"I know, but I don't want to take too much time. Everyone else needs to see you. It isn't fair."I said quietly.

"It's alright, Hillari. I'm starving anyway. I'm gonna go eat and let the next one come in."Shadows stood up and gave Jimmy a warm hug."I'll see you when you come out of surgery dude. Good luck!"

Shadows left the room and I nestled closer to Jimmy's chest. I let out a loud yawn, which only left Jimmy laughing.

"How long you been up?"He asked.

"Since around five."I sighed.

"Take a nap, sweetheart. I'll wake you about ten minutes before I go into surgery, alright?"He said."I love you, Hillari."

"I love you too, Jimmy."I leaned back against Jimmy's chest and slowly closed my eyes.

A nap was more than what I needed and I was happy I could finally get one in. I was more than positive that his surgery was going to go well. It seemed simple enough and practically painless. But then again I'm the daughter of a rock star; I should be used to worrying by now. A small smile crawled onto my lips as I fell into a light sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279

Thankyou subscribers! :D

Thanks to Aightball who found methis website referring to Jimmy's condition. :D