‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Cancel The Tour

I sat at the edge of Jimmy's bed, watching as he changed the channel on the tv. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly in frustration when he couldn't find anything good. I chuckled lightly, forcing him to shoot me a playful glare. Devin sat in the corner of the room in one of the small chairs. Jimmy's surgery had gone well, which was all I could ask for.

He complained rarely that it was either itchy or sore. Other than the small pocket near his collar bone, he seemed well. I smiled warmly when he pushed the tv away from him and groaned. With a light laugh, Devin asked, "Nothing good on?"

"Absolutely nothing."Jimmy sighed."You would think they'd have a good movie on TNT or something good on Comedy Central. No, they don't."

"That's alright. Just think in two days you'll be coming home and we can sit and relax."I smiled.

"Actually,"Jimmy played with his labret piercing."shouldn't you two be in school?"

"Um,"I scratched at the back of my neck, unsure on how to tell Jimmy I had left school temporarily.

Granted, he had no idea how long I've been here, but I knew he would be upset. He would be slightly angry with Devin, but more so upset with myself. Especially for not informing him on my actions. Jimmy gave me a stern looked and asked, "Well?"

"I stopped school until next semester."I frowned."I only did it so I could stay on tour with you guys! I wanted to make sure you would be okay."

"Something tells me Shadows okayed you staying on tour."He ran a hand down his face and I nodded my head.

"Yes, he did. But it's okay. We'll be going home in two days and you can sit by the pool with a cold on in your hands."I said softly.

"You're teasing me."He tried to force a smile, but for some reason, it never came.

I gave Devin a questioning look, but he only shrugged his shoulders. Something was on Jimmy's mind, but he seemed apprehensive on talking about it. I shifted my position on his bed so I was facing him. With a curious stare, I asked, "What's wrong, Jimmy?"

"I'm upset with myself. You shouldn't have done that, Hillari. You didn't have to stop your classes because I got a little sick."He said sternly.

"You didn't get just a little sick."I spat."You had a scene and I want to make sure I'm there to help. It doesn't really matter what you say, really. I'm not going back until I'm sure you'll be okay. I have everyone backing me on this one."

Jimmy turned in Devin's direction and said, "Can't you stop her?"

"I've tried to stop her from doing a lot of things."He laughed."Trust me when I say she's stubborn."

"Yeah, I get that feeling."Jimmy snickered."Come here, Hillari."

I leaned forward as Jimmy pulled me into a tight hug. I laughed quietly when he ruffled my hair with his hand.

"You little shit. You should have just kept on track with things."He sighed quietly before adding, "But thankyou. It makes me feel good knowing my daughter really cares for me."

"Don't even say that."I tightened my arms around his neck and smiled."I love you to death, Jimmy. It's not like I'm going to pretend this didn't happen."

We pulled away from eachother and Jimmy's eyes glazed over in tears. My mouth dropped slightly in surprise. I had never seen Jimmy get upset, especially over just a few words. I frowned slightly, but even through Jimmy's watery eyes, he smiled. He wiped at his eyes and laughed quietly to himself. With a genuine smile, he said, "I never thought people cared so much. Makes you feel good."

"I mean I've been dying to leave. I'll go."Devin joked.

"You're funny."I grinned.

Jimmy could feel as upset as he wanted about me taking off from school. Being sick wasn't his fault. He took his medication the way he was supposed to, but it never helped him. In the begining things were going okay, but he can't help himself if his body decides to suddenly take a downfall. It would give me a break. One where I could focus on important things.

As for Jimmy taking off from the tour; he can relax and keep track of his heart issues. I felt bad myself, knowing that the bands skipped out on their show, but in the long run, it was better. Jimmy shifted in his bed, trying his best not to hit his slinged arm. His left arm was cupped neatly in a dark blue sleeve, to much of his likings. He growled lowly when he couldn't get comfortable.

"This is ridiculous."He frowned."I hate this thing."

I cupped a hand over my mouth, trying to keep myself from laughing. It was absolutely hilarious when Jimmy shook his slinged arm around, but I couldn't let him know that. I cleared my throat and hid my oncoming smile. Jimmy looked in my direction, then back down at his sling.

"How am I supposed to do things with this on?!"He rose his left arm suddenly, but cringed at the pain it gave him."That was a bad idea."

"Do you want me to get the doctor?"I asked.

"No. No, I'm okay. Nope."He shook his head and let out a slow, deep breath."Nope, no doctor. I'm good. Ah, this sucks."

"Just stay positive."Devin smiled."It'll be okay in the end. I mean you can leave and relax in two days, but you wont be able to go swimming."

"That's okay. I'll get my tan on."Jimmy smirked.

I laughed loudly at his repsonse and shook my head.

"Get you tan on?"I asked.

"You heard me."Jimmy smiled.

Jimmy, Devin and I spoke for an extra few minutes before his room door opened up. The young nurse, who had wheeled him in to surgery, stepped in with a shy smile. She looked between Devin and I and gave us a small frown.

"I'm sorry,"She began sweetly."but visiting ours are over. I'm going to have to ask you guys to let Jimmy rest now."

I frowned slightly and turned back to Jimmy. He scooted me off his bed and I pulled him into a tight hug. I tried my best to not hit or brush against his recently opened area before pulling away.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jim."Devin gave him a hefty shake, with his right hand of course, before wrapping an arm over my shoulder.

"When you get out we should go see a movie."I smiled."Just the two of us. Hang out a bit. It's been a while."

"I think I can do that."Jimmy smiled."I love you, Hillari. Have a good night."

"Bye."I waved softly to him before following Devin to the waiting room.

By the time we walked in, most of the bands had left. Only Brian, Shadows, Matt Tuck, Jacoby and Angela remained in the room. We slowly walked up to them and heard bits and pieces of their conversation. Angela turned in our direction and gave me a happy wave.

"How is he?"She crossed her arms over her chest after brushing her hair from her eyes.

"He's doing good. We got kicked out. He had to rest."I shrugged."What's going on with those guys?"

"Well, we were talking a little about the whole tour."Angela gave me a weak smile.

"Why, what's wrong?"I stepped up to the guys and earned a tired smile from Jacoby.

"Hey, Hillari, what's up?"He pulled me into an easy hug, but I didn't answer.

I wanted to know simply what was going on with them. They seemed to be talking secretively, but I would find out what was going on.

"What's going on?"Shadows looked down at me and yawned.

"Talking about the tour."He sighed.

"We're canceling the whole tour."Matt Tuck commented.

"The whole tour?"I didn't know whether to be happy to upset with the guys."You guys love to play. Why would you do something like -"

"I told you."Shadows smiled."Friends before shows. It's how it goes."

"It's already done."Brian added."We're refunding all the tickets and bringing Jimmy home."

I let my head fall slightly, but I couldn't help but let a smile creep up onto my lips. Angela tugged lightly at my hand and I turned, finding her ushering me in her direction. I snuck away from the guys and let my smile come to life. She chuckled lightly and placed a gentle hand on my shoulder. Quietly, she asked, "So, Jimmy's doing okay? He has no pain, no nothing? Surgery went we -"

"Yes, he's okay."I laughed."The surgery went fine. He's doing well."

"Thank god."She breathed."I was worried for a little while."

"You were the one who told me to stay calm."I crossed my arms over my chest and sent her a playful glare.

"Yes, but I'm allowed to worry a bit too."She snickered."What do you think about the guys cancelling the tour?"

"I had no idea. I didn't think they would. Maybe take a few shows off, but the whole thing?!"I sighed."I wasn't expecting it."

"Yeah."Her eyes scanned in Shadows direction and I smirked.

"They're good guys. They really are."I said softly."It makes me feel bad for snapping at Shadows the last time."

"The last time?"Angela questioned.

I quickly informed her on what had happened the last time Jimmy had gone into the hospital. She frowned slightly, but she understood. Even though Angela had known Shadows longer than I had, she assured me that she wouldn't know what to do in a situation like that either. I brushed my hair from my face and yawned quietly into the room.

It was getting very late and we needed to get head to the tour bus. I pulled gently on Devin's hand and made my way toward the large bus. Along the walk I kept thinking about the last and first time I had ever gotten angry with Shadows. It put a guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing he was behind cancelling the tour for Jimmy.

It was sweet of the guys to think of him like that. Jimmy was like a brother to most of these men, so I should have expected it. I leaned into Devin's side as we walked our way to the tour bus. He chuckled quietly and said, "Tired?"

"Exhausted."I yawned.

Devin and I made our way onto the bus and nearly collapsed into my bed in the back. I rolled over so my head was resting on Devin's chest and smiled slightly. The day had ended in the complete opposite way I had planned. I wasn't necessarily expecting a perfect ending, but knowing that Jimmy's heart would be kept on track and he would be okay sounded like the perfect ending to me.

"Good night, Hillari."Devin yawned.

"Good night, Dev."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279

Thankyou subscribers! :D