‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Good News

Shadows knocked lightly on Jimmy's bedroom door, earning a muffled come in. He popped open the door and gave him a warm smile. In his left hand he held a bag of Wendy's, which he told many nurses was for himself. Jimmy's eyes looked down at the bag and quickly lit up. He licked over his lips and said, "I really hope that's for me."

"No, I brought it in so you could watch me eat it."Shadows chuckled.

"That's cruel."Shadows tossed the bag in Jimmy's direction, watching as he faught to catch it with one hand.

"How's the heart doin'?"He asked.

"Good, actually. A little annoying here and there, especially with this fucking sling, but other than that, good."Jimmy tore open the bag, smiling wildly when he reached in for his burger."You are a god send, my good friend."

"I know."Shadows slumped into the seat beside his best friend and sighed.

"What's wrong?"Jimmy's muffled question only forced Shadows to laugh.

"Nothing."He shrugged."I just wanted to tell you something."

"Like what?"His smile quickly dropped as he swallowed the chunk of burger in his mouth.

"Nothing big."Shadows smiled."Brian talk to you about the tour?"

Jimmy let a small smile crawl back onto his lips. He was so upset and torn that the bands had to cancel the tour, especially just for him. Yet it pulled hard at his heart, knowing that they cared enough to do so. Jimmy nodded his head and said, "Yeah, he did. I want to thank you for that. I've thanked Tuck and Jacoby. That's about it so far."

"It's not a problem."Shadows said softly."We just want to make sure you're okay. Besides, you get to go home soon."

"I know."Jimmy moaned."I can't wait. Not that I don't want to tour, but sitting here in slowly killing me. There's nothing good on tv, I can't play any video games and the food sucks."

"You're just full of complaints, aren't you?"Jimmy sent him a playful glare.

"You try being stuck here for a few days. You'll go crazy too, trust me."He snickered.

Jimmy chomped back down on his food before giving Shadows a thumbs up.

"Best burger ever."He grinned.

"I kinda figured. You love Wendy's."Shadows laughed.

Jimmy quickly swallowed down the rest of his food before tossing the bag in Shadow's direction. Shadows caught the bag and quickly pointed a finger in Jimmy's direction. In a serious, but playful tone, he said, "If anyone asks about this bag, I ate the food. I felt like I was in an interrogation room coming in here."

"You got it."Jimmy chuckled.

Shadows and Jimmy spoke for a few minutes about everything that had been going on. Shadows reluctantly admitted to letting Hillari stay on tour with them ever since she had stopped her schooling for a while. Jimmy was slightly angry that he never told him, but also happy that Hillari cared enough to stay. Shadows was more than certain Jimmy would understand at some point.

They joked and laughed for a few more minutes before a light knock came at the door. It opened slowly and Jacoby peeked his head into the room. His smile quickly grew as he said, "Smells good in here. Who smuggled you some lunch?"

"My good man Shadows."Jimmy laughed."Sit down, man. We're just bullshitting."

Jacoby found a seat next to Shadows and groaned softly.

"So, how you feelin'?"He asked.

"Okay. I just can't wait to have this stupid sling off."Jimmy frowned."It's annoying and gets in the way. I can't use my left arm because I could tear the stitching yada yada."

"How long do you have to wear it?"He asked.

"A few weeks. Just until my stitching is healed up."Jimmy shrugged.

"Wont be that bad. Except for maybe showering."Jacoby said."Or swimming. Or -"

"I get it."Jimmy frowned.

The room stayed silent for a moment before Jimmy cleared his throat. He wanted to thank Jacoby again for following Avenged and staying off of the tour. It had been a long time since he had hung out with the two bands, but never the less, they still treated him like a brother. Jimmy's smile came back to life and Shadows asked, "What's so funny?"

"I was just thinking."He said."I wanted to thank you again, Jacoby, for getting out of the tour. I'm sure management is beyond pissed."

"They can fuck themselves for all I care."Jacoby leaned back in his seat and pressed his arms behind his head."Really. Their mother could be dying of cancer and they'd still go to work."

"I know, they can be kinda heart less."Jimmy sighed.

The three spoke for a quick couple of minutes before another knock came at his door. They all turned and smiled when Dr. Rimmel came waltzing in. He held a clip board in his hands and gave them all a warm smile.

"How are you feeling today, Mr. Sullivan?"He asked.

"I'm doing pretty good."He smiled.

"That's fantastic. We got your results back from the few blood tests we did and the new CAT scan. Nothing new except that your healing nicely."He smiled."I've talked with your cardiologist and came to the conclusion that we would rid you of your medication. We've decided on Methadone for the pain and Valium to help you sleep at night."

"Only two pills?"Jimmy chuckled."Are they horse pills? Nasty taste?"

Dr. Rimmel chuckled lightly before saying, "No, they aren't horse pills. They do have a pungent after taste, but everything does nowadays. You take the Methadone twice daily with food and one valium before you go to sleep at night. You should be out of here by tomorrow afternoon."

"Really?"Jimmy's eyes blew up with excitement.

"Really."He chuckled."Just one more day and you're a free man."

"Thank you so much, doc."Jimmy smiled."It means a lot to me."

"No problem. You have a good day now. Ring me if you need anything."Dr. Rimmel turned for the door, but before he left he gave Jimmy one more look."And I suggest you quit smoking, Mr. Sullivan. It'll help you heal."

"That's like telling me not to breathe, doc."Jimmy joked.

"I understand. I've been off cigarettes for two years now. Feel like a new man."He smiled."Have a good day Mr. Sullivan."

Dr. Rimmel escaped through the door, which allowed Jimmy to dance in his seat. He would be leaving the hospital by tomorrow afternoon, if not earlier and be heading home. He would be able to kick back by the side of the pool and enjoy a cold beer and possibly a barbeque. He could never get sick of those. He was more excited to spill the news to Hillari.

He turned toward Shadows and Jacoby and said, "Don't tell Hillari. I'm gonna tell her I have to stay another week."

"You're cruel, man."Jacoby laughed."But I'll play along."

"She's gonna kill you."Shadows chuckled.

"Not if this heart condition kills me first."Jimmy winked.

Finally, a day he could look forward to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279

Thankyou subscribers! :D

This was a fun chapter to write.
Nice and happy.
Finally haha.
Hope you guys enjoyed it! :D