‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Driveway Surprise

Jimmy sat at the side of his pool, relaxing against his reclining beach chair. His hands rested lightly against the back of his head as the sun beat down on his shirtless frame. He closed his eyes, knowing he had a few minutes before Matt emerged from his house with food and drinks. They had taken the day to relax and enjoy the weather. Their album was nearly finished and was being tweaked here and there by their producer.

Their work was done and they were all more than ecstatic to know how their fans would react. Jimmy was so proud of his song, knowing it was going to hit home on a few people. He took in a deep breath, smelling the salty ocean air from down the road. Only a few minutes of silence went by before a rattling noise startled him slightly. He opened one eye, finding his two medicine viles shaking in front of his face.

He groaned before snatching them from Matt’s grasp. Matt dropped a plate of food in Jimmy’s lap and placed an ice cold beer to his side. Matt sat on the chair next to him and shrugged his shoulders. He quickly stated, “Sorry, Jimbo, but if you want to stay around forever, then you need to take your meds.”

“They’re not meds. They’re horse pills.”He spat.”And they have the worst possible taste in the world.”

“I’m glad you enjoy them.”Matt smirked as he bit down into his food.

“You don’t understand.”He scoffed.”It’s like a hillbilly’s sweaty ass, rotten eggs and sulfur.”

Jimmy popped two pills into his mouth, swallowing them down with a swig of beer. His face scrunched up as the after taste came in, making the pills seem more unpleasant than they really were. Matt laughed as he saw his face and nearly choked on his food. Jimmy smirked and said, “I hope you choke on it, asshole.”

“No,”He swallowed.”we’re good so far.”

“I hope you drown in my pool.”Jimmy snickered.

“You’re just in a fan-fucking-tastic mood, aren’t you?”Matt smiled.

“I just want the album to be out already!”Jimmy groaned.”It’s been almost two fucking years now.”

“Well, Tyler said there’s a few things he’s going to fix and then we’re done. I’d be expecting a call any day now.”Matt smiled.

Jimmy jumped suddenly as his phone began to vibrate over and over again. He looked at Matt, giving him a quizzical look as he reached for his phone. If he saw the name O’Doole on the front then he might just die. When he pulled it out a smile of glee fit right across his lips in a split second. He popped open the phone, saying, “Hey sweetheart. How are you?!”

“Hi Hillari!”Jimmy swatted at Matt as he tried to listen to her.

“She says hi. Now shut up.”Jimmy glared.”How’ve you been? How’s school going?”

It’s been going pretty good, actually. I’m going for my Master’s Degree really soon.

“That’s absolutely amazing, Hillari. I’m really proud of you.”Jimmy smiled.

“Me too!”Matt burst into laughter as Jimmy shot him a glare.

“Hold on, let me put you on speaker so Matt will stop screaming in my ear.”Jimmy pulled the phone away, searching the hundreds of buttons on his phone.

Matt leaned over, pressing one of the silver buttons. In seconds he could hear Hillari and someone in the background just fine.

“You catch any breaks any time soon?”Matt asked.

Not yet. I can’t wait for one though. School is kind of kicking my ass. How’s your album coming along guys? Is it out yet?!

“Not yet.”Jimmy frowned.”But it should be soon.”

“Who’s with you?”Matt chimed in.

For a moment the line went silent and Jimmy was afraid he had hung up on her. Before he could ask if she was still there, she came on saying, That’s Amanda. She’s my roommate.

“Does she like Avenged Sevenfold?”Jimmy smirked.

A few songs. She doesn’t own any cds or anything.

“She’s still okay in my book.”Matt smiled happily as he finished off his food.

I just wanted to make a phone call home. I miss you guys so much.

“We miss you too, Hillari. Johnny keeps asking when you’re coming back. He misses making trouble with you.”Jimmy chuckled quietly.”I miss having my girl here for barbeques’ too!”

Hillari began laughing, sending a shrill of happiness to roll down Jimmy’s spine. He missed Hillari so much it was hard to handle. He was proud of her for going to collage to persue a career, but he wished she had stayed closer. It had been too long since he had given her a hug or felt her kisses on his cheek. He had just gotten close to her and she was moving away to collage. He would have visited her, but he didn’t want to be swormed by fans.

He enjoyed his time alone with Hillari, but sometimes he couldn’t exactly get it. He couldn’t go out that much with her, because people would always ask for his autograph and a picture. It was heart breaking, but he knew what came with his fame. Hillari broke the silence with, I have to go, but I love you guys! I’ll see you guys soon, alright?

“Alright. We love you too Hillari. Be good sweetheart.”Jimmy hung up the phone, letting a soft sigh escape his lips.

“I’m ready to go to her school and kidnap her myself.”Matt frowned.

“Sounds like a plan to me.”Jimmy sipped heavily at his beer before digging his hand into his front pocket.

He could feel the corners of his worn cigarette pack and eventually pulled it from the deep depths of his jeans. He leaned back in his chair, lighting his cigarette and stealing a large drag. He allowed his viles to roll off his leg and to his side as he got comfortable.

“Aren’t you gonna eat?”Matt leaned back as well, taking sips of his Bud Light here and there.

“Yeah, when my stomach asks for it. This medicine makes me not have an appetite.”Jimmy sat up quickly, allowing the corners of his lips to form a devilish smirk.”Hey, you think if I go to the doctor and tell him my medicine doesn’t make me hungry, he’ll give me a prescription for pot?”

Matt looked over, giving Jimmy an odd look. He bust into laughter before saying, “I highly doubt that, Jimbo. I wouldn’t prescribe you advil if I didn’t know you.”

“Looks can be deceiving.”Jimmy frowned.

Matt and Jimmy stood up upon hearing a horn. They looked around the yard, noticing it was coming from the front of his house. They hadn’t heard any crashing or metal against metal, so they knew it wasn’t an accident. Jimmy, growing impatient and worried, rushed to his fence, escaping through the small door with Matt. They found a small silver car in the drive way and a young person behind it, laying their hand hard on their horn.

Matt began to walk over, waving his hands angrily. He began shouting, telling the person to cut it out or be beaten down. The door opened and Jimmy lost his breath. His angered features softened, showing a toothy grin in a matter of seconds. Matt’s jaw dropped as they both saw Hillari and Devin emerge from the car. Jimmy stepped forward, saying, “You skippin’ school little Sullivan?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
foreveryoung14

Thankyou subscribers! :D