‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Going Home

I knocked lightly at Jimmy's door and pushed it open. He was leaned up in his hospital bed reading the newest issue of The Rolling Stones magazine. I gave him a toothy grin and waved. He set down the magazine and opened his free arm for a warm hug. I chuckled lightly as he yanked me into his chest. He may not care about the stitches coming loose, but I did.

I pulled away and ran my fingers along the sling. In a serious tone, I said, "You have to be careful with the hugs, Jimmy. I don't want to pull your stitches out."

"I'm not too worried about it."He chuckled."How are you?"

"I feel,"I stopped for a moment as a smile crawled along my lips."well rested."

"Good. I think you deserve it after all the shit you've gone through."He laughed."Sit down a minute. I have to tell you something."

I could suddenly feel my heart race against my chest when he told me. He never said it in a nervous or upset tone. It still managed to pull at my heart strings knowing that something was on his mind. I followed through with his demand and sat on the side of his bed. He gave me a warm smile, but I could see the slight hurt behind his eyes.

I swallowed hard, wondering exactly what he had to tell me. It wasn't anything good anymore; I was now nervous and afraid of what he had to say. Jimmy lightly took my hand in his and sighed quietly. He looked up at me and said, "I'm not leaving today, Hillari."

It was a simple sentence, but I had trouble putting it through my mind. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I clamped my lips shut and shook my head. I was honestly shocked.

"What?"I asked."Why not? The doctor said -"

"The doctor said a lot of things."He frowned."I have to stay another week in here."

"That's such bullshit! Where's your nurse?"I got off the bed, but Jimmy tugged at my hand.

I turned around to face him and found him letting a smile come to his lips. Why he found this so funny was beyond me. I would be dying if I had to stay in a hospital longer than a few hours if I were in his condition. He tried to hide back his laugh and I pulled my hand from his grasp. I placed my hands on my hips when I realized he was only playing a cruel trick on me.

I couldn't help but smile wildly when I found out he was coming home today. I punched him lightly in the leg and said, "Don't fucking do that to me. I was ready to bust some heads open."

"'Cause the guys would let you do that."Jimmy laughed."You fell for it. I can't believe it."

"I can't believe you tricked me like that!"I laughed."Get up and get dressed. We're going home."

I placed a warm kiss on his cheek and walked toward the door. I pulled it open and turned back in his direction. With a playful smirk, I said, "Jerk."

As I left the room, Jimmy's nurse was walking her way in. I offered her a smile and nearly skipped into the waiting room. Angela was the only one in there, since the guys were out getting Jimmy pounds and pounds of flowers, candy and real food. When Angela caught sight of me, her tired features pulled up into a happy, genuine smile.

She met me half way and placed her hands on my shoulders. With a large, toothy grin, she asked, "Is he coming home today?!"

"Yes!"Angela let out a happy squeal and pulled me into a hug."Thank god. He can go home and rest."

"You're coming back with us, right?"I asked.

She chewed on her bottom lip, as if trying to think. She brushed back her layered hair and let her fingers linger on the frame of her glasses. I placed my hands on my hips and gave her a stern look. Angela had to be coming back with us; she had become like a Saint on this rather short tour.

"Well, Shadows told me I could stay at Big Bear until things calm down."She smiled."So yeah, I guess I am."

"What's Big Bear?"I asked.

"It's their cabin they go to when they need to get away or think. It's a nice place, actually."She said softly.

"I take it you've been there before?"I grinned.

"Only a million times."She chuckled."Come on. Go call your parents and tell them you're coming home. I'm gonna head out to the tour bus and help pack things up."

I gave Angela a small wave and dug my hand into my pants pocket. I was quick to dial my parents and explain the whole deal that was going on. I had called them a few days before and explained Jimmy's situation. They didn't realize that he had already undergone surgery and was ready to come home. After patching things up with them, I closed off my phone.

I stepped outside to smoke a quick cigarette, hoping Jimmy would be coming out soon. I held back a girlish giggle when he came walking out of the hospital doors. He had two presciptions in his hand for his heart medication and the dark blue sling clinging to his left side. I pulled him into my side and said, "You ready to get going?"

We walked our way back to the tour bus and Jimmy plopped down on the couch. I dug my hands into the fridge and asked, "You want a water or -"

"A beer!"He groaned.

I laughed lightly and pulled out a beer for the both of us. I sat back on the couch and watched as he tried to open his beer. I held back a laugh and he turned up in my direction. He sent me a playful scoff and said, "I can get it. Don't worry about me."

"Here."I popped open the cap and laughed at his slight anger.

He drank heavily from the can and set it down in his lap. He looked around the tour bus and said, "Why is it so quiet? Where is everyone?"

"Well, about that,"I stopped when the bus door slid open loudly.

Cheers and shouting emerged from the door and all three bands crowded into the small living room. I laughed loudly when silly string started flying through the air, as well as confetti. Jimmy shook his head as he tried to hide his smile.

"Thanks guys."He blushed.

"Oh, we brought you this, too."Shadows held out his hand, showing off the bag of Wendy's he had for Jimmy.

His face lit up like a kid in a candy store at that moment. I guess Jimmy was where I got my Wendy's kick from - he was as addicted to it as I was.

"You need to gain some weight anyway, twiggy."He snickered.

"Ha Ha."Jimmy snatched the bag from his hand and grinned."I can't believe you guys went this crazy. Flowers?"

"It was for the occasion."Zacky smiled.

"Aw,"Jimmy grinned."you guys didn't have to do that."

"Fine, we'll return them."Jacoby smirked.

The guys laughed and horsed around for a short while until the bus driver returned from his small break. As polite as he could sound, he had explained to the bands that we would all be returning home. I said my goodbyes to Papa Roach and Bullet For My Valentine before hunkering down in the couch. Devin sat beside me and watched as the guys played video games.

The drive home was rather long, but not having to stop for any shows was a plus. It was a good few hours and we were pulling up alongside of everyone's home. Shadows had decided to welcome Jimmy into his home, only to make sure he was settled in comfortably. As the tour bus pulled up alongside my house, I said my goodbyes to Devin and exited with my things.

I rolled my bag along the side walk and felt relief wash over my shoulders. I was finally home and able to relax. My parents had said we would go out for dinner, but that was a short while away. I would be able to take a shower and get comfortable before we would have to leave. When I walked through the front door, my mom and dad welcomed me home with strong hugs.

I sighed into my mom's shoulder and smiled warmly. She pushed me away and said, "How is he?"

"He's doing okay. Matt brought him home to make sure he gets settled in. And to bring him to get his medication."I said."I'm just happy to be home. I need a shower and I need to get comfortable."

"Don't get too comfortable."My dad smiled."We're going out to dinner. I don't mean to push things on you,"

"No,"I shook my head."trust me. Going out to eat is perfect."

I rolled my bag up the stairs and into my bedroom. I managed to put everything away and find a comfortable pair of sweats and a tank top to change into. It was when I felt the water washing down my back in the shower that I missed home more than usual. I ran my fingers through my wet hair and sighed quietly. The cool water was just what I needed.

I lasted in the shower much longer than I needed to, but I didn't want to get out. I brushed my hair back into a pony tail and changed into my clothes. I stepped from my bathroom and felt one hundred percent better. I felt like all the dirt and bad memories just ran down my back and into the drain. I didn't bother putting on make up when my parents told me it was time to go.

I simply got into the car and enjoyed the short ride to the local diner. We found the perfect seat by the window and I climbed into the booth. I took in the surroundings of the 50's styled building. I hadn't been here since I was a little kid. I could remember spilling the whole salt container on the table because I didn't know how to open it.

I could remember putting butter on a napkin and snapping it, just to watch it hit the ceiling and stick. I snickered to myself as we found what we wanted to eat. My mom and dad joked back and forth about the little memories we had here as we waited for our food. I was literally drooling when my steak was dropped in front of my face.

I dug into it like I hadn't eaten in days. My dad rose his eyebrows in suspicion and said, "A little hungry?"

"It's so good."I groaned.

My mom and dad dug in as well and quickly found out why I was so into my plate. The table stayed quiet for a few moments before my mom said, "So, Jimmy's doing okay?"

I looked up with a warm smile.

"Yeah, he's doing good."I said."It was scary, of course, but he's alright now."

"Just remember one thing, Hillari."My dad set down his utenciles and gave me a serious stare."Whatever happens to Jimmy, you have to stay calm. He could go into shock or pass out like he had on the bus. But you can't panic; it'll make things worse. Just, do it for Jimmy's sake, okay?"

I swallowed hard at the words that came out of my dad's mouth. That was exactly what Matt had told me nearly hours before Jimmy's incident. I felt my eyes well up slightly and I nodded my head. With a quiet sigh, I said, "I know dad."

He gently grabbed my hand and ran his thumb over my skin.

"He'll be okay, Hillari. But you have to remember not to panic, alright?"He said."We're both here for you, no matter what happens."

I pushed my plate aside and forced a smile. I know now that Jimmy was going to be okay. He had gone through with the surgery and the pacer was going to help him. I found it odd that Matt and my father shared the same theory; not to panic. It only made me feel better, knowing that he understood as well. With a shakey breath, I said, "I know dad. I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1

Thankyou subscribers! :D