‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

All Grown Up

I straddled myself over Devin's waist and pressed tender, passionate kisses against his lips. My ring glistened in the moon light that shone through his windsheild. I ran my kisses thoughtfully down his chin, jawline and neck before he brushed his fingers up my sides. I chuckled lightly as the soft touch formed goosebumps to break out across my skin.

I cupped his face in my hand as I shifted my weight on his lap. I gasped quietly as he pushed me away. With a small frown, I breathed, "What's wrong, Dev?"

He swallowed hard as he tried to catch his breath. He seemed to be biting back an annoyed groan. Not annoyed or upset with myself, however. He seemed to be fighting back himself at this point. I pulled my hands from his face and rested them on his broad chest. He cupped my face in his own hands before whispering, "As much as I want to, and I really want to, I can't."

I let my mouth fall open in surprise. Normally a woman would reject a man if he began to push her. Yet Devin was the one stopping me. I chuckled lightly and shook my face from his hands. I kissed him softly on the lips and stated, "Normally it goes the other way around, Dev."

He groaned quietly and said, "I know, I know. I have to get you home though."

"Who's stopping us? No one knows about this yet."I smirked.

I began to kiss him once more, but pushed more pressure into it. Devin played along for only a few more seconds before pushing me away again.

"I can't!"He slammed his head to the back of his seat and sighed."You're dad is expecting you."

"I changed the plans."I smiled."It's alright, Dev."

"No, it's not."He sighed."You have to go home."

"Fine."I scooted back into the passenger seat before pointing a finger in his direction."But if we don't continue this heated session tomorrow, then I'm gonna have to make a booty call."

Devin chuckled loudly before turning his car on. As he pushed the gear shifter into drive, he asked, "A booty call? To who?!"

"Whoever is desperate enough."I wrapped my arms around my chest and held back a conniving grin.

"No one has to be desperate to get you."I punched him angrily in the arm as he continued with, "What?!"

"That was mean."I spat."If you wanna play that game, then lets play little boy."

"Why? What do you have in store?"He quickly made his way back to my house.

"I'm going to leave you a very long, detailed message over the night."His eyes widened as he drove."You're going to hear everything."

"Stop."He moaned quietly."I can't take much more."

I looked at his radio and noticed it was almost two in the morning. My mouth gaped open as I said, "You jerk. My parents probably aren't even awake!"

"Trust me, I bet they are."He smiled.

Devin eventually pulled up alongside of my house and I undid my seat belt. I leaned over and kissed him gingerly on the lips. As I pulled away, I whispered, "I love you Devin. I'll see you soon."

"I love you too, sweetheart."I emerged from his car and quietly made my way up to my front door.

The living room light was on, so I figured they had left it on for me. I quietly walked into the house and dropped my bag on the floor. I kicked off my heels and rubbed at the soles of my feet. Wearing high heels for a few hours did a tole on your feet after so long. I let out a sudden shriek, however, when my parents flicked on the kitchen light.

I placed a heavy hand to my beating chest and shouted, "You scared the fuck out of me!"

"Sorry."My mom chuckled lightly before sipping at her coffee.

I felt my smile grow wildly, however, when I looked down at my hand. I walked over to my parents and sat down at the kitchen table. I folded my hands in my lap as I said, "Tonight was amazing."

"Good."My dad smiled."I'm happy to hear that."

"No, I mean amazing."I was nearly jumping in my seat.

"Uh, I don't want to hear what you two did!"My mom cupped her hands over her ears and I laughed.

"No,"I chuckled lightly."not that. But look at this."

I shoved my hand in their direction, watching as their eyes widened in surprise. My mom's eyes welled up slightly in tears as she looked over at my dad. He ran a hand down his lips and shook his head. They seemed to be in disbelief.

"I knew it."My mom got up and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You knew?!"I breathed.

"Devin asked for my blessing."My dad stood as well and hugged me when my mom finally let go.

I gasped quietly when he told me. I wasn't upset that they knew; I was absolutely astonished that Devin had gone the old fashioned way. Most men, I would think, would ask to marry the girl of their dreams without the consent of her parents. I cupped a hand over my mouth and hid my smile. My mom grabbed my hand and looked over the ring.

"It's beautiful."She whispered."I have to call everyone!"

"Not now."My dad chuckled."It's nearly two in the morning."

"Tomrrow, mom."I smiled.

"We're so proud of you."My dad rested a warm hand on my shoulder."You've gotten so big. You're - You're all grown up."

He patted lightly at his eyes and I said, "Aw, don't get upset."

"I can't help it."He chuckled lightly."It's like yesterday me and your mom were fighting about who's turn it was to change your diaper."

I laughed quietly and looked up at my mom. She was going on about having a get together within the next few days. She wanted to tell everyone and I couldn't blame her. I was their only child and I was now getting married. I wiped at my own eyes, feeling the familiar warm feeling over taking them. I looked up at my parents and said, "I'm so happy."

"I hope you are."My mom smiled.

"I know you are."My dad said.

"Devin is such a good guy. He's going to take good care of you."My mom choked back on a small cry.

"He better, or else he has to deal with me."My dad said intently."I love you, sug."

He pressed a warm kiss to my forehead and I let out a quiet yawn. I was honestly very excited and couldn't wait until I could walk down the aisle proud. I could already see Devin standing by the Priest, a black suit hugging his well toned body. I could picture my parents and Jimmy in the front row, batting their napkins at their wet eyes.

I smiled warmly before getting up from my seat. I said my good nights before walking in the direction of my bedroom. It had been a long time since I had felt so happy and alive. I never would have seen the day where Devin would be kneeling before me, ring in hand. I didn't change as I lied down in bed. I curled up tightly and let out a quiet sigh. I was so honestly happy and couldn't bare to shake the feeling.

"Hillari Thatcher."I chuckled lightly at the name.

That's what I would be going by within a few months. And that was a feeling I couldn't wait to meet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1
bloodravyn
NME_foREVer_6661

Thankyou subscribers! :D