‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Maid Of Honor

I had gone through my phone multiple times as I wrote who I would invite to the wedding. I had been gathering as much information as I could to help me later on. I didn't want to have a million things to do a week before our wedding. I quickly scribbled Kaylee's name down and stopped for a moment. She was the perfect age to be the flower girl.

I scratched a star next to her name and wrote down the job I would ask her to do. I had a list of Bride's maids in mind, but only one maid of honor. I set down my pen and looked over at the clock. It was almost nine o' clock at night and I had gotten so little done today. Devin and I had spoken over the phone a few hours ago and were debating a date.

We were thinking of October twenty first, which is our anniversary. We didn't care much for the cliches, but we thought it would be perfect. I curled my hair around my finger as I debated what to say to my maid of honor. It was a special moment in my life and I wanted to play this out perfectly. I didn't expect a large, extravagent wedding.

I wanted my closest friends and family to be there. That was all I ask for. I took in a deep breath before standing from my seat. I had made a collection of my Aunt's and friends to be my bride's maids. I was going to call them tomorrow at some point and ask them over the phone. I brushed my hair back with my fingers and escaped through my bedroom door.

I slowly made my way down the stairs, not bothering to jump through the opening that lead to the living room. My dad was sitting on the couch, sipping from a hot cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. I quickly slid passed him and peeked my head into the kitchen. My mom was leaning against the sink, washing out a glass cup.

I snuck up behind her and leaned up against the counter myself. She looked over and gave me a warm smile. She seemed overly tired and ready for bed. Quietly, she asked, "What's up, Hillari?"

"Nothing really."I smiled.

I wanted to just shout out my question and watch my mother's reaction. I wanted my mom, of course, to be my maid of honor. Not my best friend or my cousin. I wanted the woman who had been there for me her entire life. I wanted the woman who knew me best and could help me with anything. My mom meant so much to me and I wanted her to know that.

I cleared my throat slightly as she reached in for another cup. I watched as the water splashed against her hands when she reached in. She pulled the cup up and began to wash it. She turned toward me and asked, "What do you want?"

I chuckled quietly and said, "Nothing! I actually had a very important question for you."

"Shoot."I let out a quiet sigh and smiled wildly.

"I want you to be my maid of honor."I jumped when she released the glass cup, allowing it to shatter against the ground.

My dad quickly stumbled into the kitchen as my mom cupped a hand over her mouth. He looked over at us and asked, "What happened?"

"I didn't do it!"I pointed down at the broken glass and earned a laugh.

"Scared the shit out of me."He caught sight of my mom and watched her eyes water with warm tears."Michelle, what's the matter?"

He came toward the both of us and she quickly shook her head, as if telling my dad she was fine. She wiped at her watering eyes and sniffled softly. With a loud laugh, she said, "Yes. I would be honored, Hillari."

"Oh, shit."My dad frowned."Honored to do what?"

"Be her maid of honor."My mom pulled me into a hug and brushed back my hair."Thankyou so much, Hillari."

I tightly wrapped my arms around her and smiled. This was the reaction I was waiting for. I certainly didn't expect her to refuse the offer, but I wasn't sure if she would be upset or extremely happy. I was certain it was a mixture of both. I sighed loudly, feeling a slight relief wash over me. I'm happy I didn't have to sleep on what I wanted to say.

I would be getting no sleep if I did just that. My dad leaned against the island and gave us a warm smile. My mom pulled away and looked down at the broken glass on the floor. She sighed softly and said, "I didn't mean to drop it."

"I'll pick it up."I went to reach forward, but she quickly grabbed my arm.

"Don't. You'll cut yourself. You have no shoes on!"She said sternly.

I chuckled softly and shook my head. Even though I had just asked my mom to be the second in command at my wedding, she still pulled out the lashings and snapped when I went to pick up the broken glass. Sometimes I think she finds it hard to treat me as an adult. I know not to step on the broken pieces, but she seemed to think otherwise.

I stood up fully and ran my fingers through my hair again. I seemed to be doing it a lot lately. My mom started to pick up the shards of glass and I smiled. She looked up at me and asked, "You guys have any sort of date in mind?"

I ran a hand along my chin and said, "Maybe October twenty first."

"What's so special about October? Having a Halloween themed wedding?"My dad asked.

"No."My lips pulled up into a smile."But that isn't a bad idea."

"I don't think your grandmother would like a Halloween themed wedding, Hillari."My mom chuckled.

"Well,"I said softly."October twenty first is Devin and my anniversary."

"Oh, that's so sweet."My mom stood after collecting all the broken shards and tossed them into the trash.

"I don't care what day it is,"My dad began."so long as you know you'll be happy."

"I know I will be."I chuckled.

"You're young,"My mom said."but I think you know what you're doing."

"I do know what I'm doing."I smiled."I'm gonna hit my bed. I'm exhausted."

"Alright sweetheart."I kissed my dad on the cheek."Goodnight, sug."

"Night, dad."My mom pulled me into another air tight hug and I laughed.

"Thankyou so much, Hillari. I'm honestly honored."She whispered sweetly in my ear.

"I am too, mom."I pulled away and kissed her on the cheek."Goodnight, guys."

A quiet chorus of goodnight followed after me as I walked up the steps to my room. Even though getting married wasn't the best for most, I knew Devin and I would be perfect for eachother. We've been happy for the first four years of our relationship. I knew that we had plenty coming. I stepped into my room and plopped down on my bed.

I rolled onto my back and let out a quiet sigh. Even though October was about five months away, I couldn't help but feel slightly nervous. I had so much to worry about. The dress, the prices, the flowers, the cake. Would I even eat the cake on my wedding day? I groaned quietly and ran a hand down my face. I was nervous, but the closer we got to the date, the more excited I got.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1
bloodravyn
NME_foREVer_6661

Thankyou subscribers! :D

I thought this was going to be a lot shorter.
I am SO happy it wasn't!
Yeah, still short,
but not as short as I thought.
This is getting really sweet.
In my opinion haha.
I hope you guys liked it! :D