‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Jimmy's Song

Jimmy's surprise party was coming along fast. It had been a solid week since Brian and I started working on his tribute song. I had most of the lyrics down pat, but I felt like something was missing. I felt like I couldn't get what I felt into the song. I had so much I wanted to say, but so little time to do so. I've debated multiple times of writing him a letter instead of a song.

Yet then again, if I did write him a letter, it would take him years to finish it. I brushed a heavy hand down my face and groaned quietly. Brian looked up from his guitar and chuckled quietly. Loudly, he pronounced, "A little aggrivated?"

"A little is a long way from how I really feel."I propped my feet up on the table as Brian picked loosely at his guitar strings.

"I know how you feel. I've broken many guitars because I got angry."He chuckled lightly."But it's okay. You'll get over it."

"I'm not just angry, Brian."I frowned."I'm really nervous, too."

"That's to be expected, Hillari. You've never done this sort of thing before."He set his guitar to his side and leaned forward in his seat.

"Which makes me worry that much more. What if I forget the lyrics? Or I trip on the microphone wire? What if I -"I began quickly.

"Hillari, calm down. I've fallen a million times in front of thousands of people. Matt's forgotten the lyrics a shit load of times. Zacky was hit in the head with the mic once. The strings on Johnny's guitar have broken and Jimmy lost his drum sticks once. We all mess up, but life goes on."He laughed."You don't have to freak over this. Jimmy is going to love it whether you sound like a dying walrus or a heaven sent angel."

"Thanks, Brian."I snickered."You have a way with words."

"Oh, I know. That's how I get all the ladies."He laughed quietly."Now, let's go over this one more time. We can add what we want later on in the song, alright?"

Brian picked up his accustic guitar once more and plucked gently at a few strings. He gave me an intent look before I offered him a smile. He started to pluck so softly at the strings and I waited for my entrance to come in. As a few seconds passed, I began to sing quietly to the plucked notes. I closed my eyes, in fear that it would upset me, and continued to sing.

The lyrics spilled out peacefully, until Brian started to pick up on the notes. They began to grow heavier and my voice grew more hoarse. When the notes began to settle down, I whispered out the last few lines of the song; There's something left to do. Place my hand on my heart and spill my feelings for you. This is different, but I can't complain. God a father that really loves me. I pull at his heart strings.

I finished the song with a few more lines and listened carefully as Brian's magical fingers brought the song to an end. I slowly opened my eyes and gave Brian a warm smile. His eyes flickered behind me and I jumped at the loud sound of clapping. I felt my cheeks blush a brilliant red in a matter of seconds. I covered my face in my hands as a hoarse laughter echoed into the room.

"Go away!"I groaned into my hands and felt my chair spin slightly.

"Aw, Hillari, it was beautiful!"Matt pulled my hands from my face and laughed at my redened cheeks."You have the voice of an angel."

"Now you're being a jerk."I glared.

"No, I mean it."He said softly."Really. You have a beautiful voice. I don't know where you get it. Jimmy sounds like a dying Walrus."

"I was waiting for that.'Brian snickered.

I chuckled quietly and set my paper down in my lap. Matt pointed a finger down at my paper and asked, "Can I read it?"

"Go ahead."I handed it over and added, "I need some help with the lyrics. Can you tweak some things for me?"

"Give me your pen."I slipped the pen in between his fingers and watched as he wrote over a few things for me.

I was happy to know that Matt could help as well. I should have asked him to join Brian and I in the creating of Jimmy's song. I slapped a hand to my thigh and said, "I have the name!"

Matt and Brian looked up and waited for me to continue. With a large smile, I said, "Jimmy's Song."

I was slightly expecting a quick scoff or laughter. Yet both Brian and Matt agreed with me. I felt a tinge of happiness perk up in the pit of my stomach, knowing that they both agreed with me on the song. I was happy to know I could have my own original song pass in a famous band's eyes. Matt handed over my paper and gave me a warm smile.

"You gonna be ready in a week?"He asked.

I chewed hard on my bottom lip and let my eyes fall down on my paper. Brian seemed to be my own self confidence, because in a strong voice, he said, "She'll be ready. And she's going to do amazing."

"Let's hope so."I whispered quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1
bloodravyn
NME_foREVer_6661

Thankyou subscribers! :D

By the way, those lyrics are mine.
I made them up myself.
I was going to create a video of the song myself,
but my computer is an asshole.
And I don't think you guys want to listen to me sing this original song XD
So, even though I tried to create the image in your head,
you're going to have to make up your own beat. :(