‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Amy Thatcher

I sat at the kitchen table and thumbed through multiple wedding magazines. The authors' seemed to make everything so exciting and worth while, when in reality it was becoming a pain. I was in desperate need of finding a well paying job in order to help pay for this wedding. Devin and I were thinking about taking out a loan, but we didn't know how far that would take us.

I sighed quietly and dropped my head onto the table. My mom chuckled at my response and sipped at her steaming cup of coffee. I looked up and said, "I need a fucking job, mom."

"Well, if you think about it, you really don't."She smiled."Per se."

"Are you actually quoting Boondock Saints?"I chuckled."The whole per se thing you got going on?"

"Absolutely not."She giggled quietly."It's just that you don't really need to go job hunting, per se. You have your ways of getting things."

"What the hell are you talking about?"I snickered lightly at her movie quoting enthusiasm.

"Your father and I want to help pay for your wedding, Hillari."She said softly.

I let my mouth slowly fall open in surprise. I never would have asked for something so kind hearted of them. They had taken care of me for so long; why would they help pay for our wedding? I shook my head in protest and said, "No way, mom. You guys can't do that."

"It's already decided, Hillari."She pushed her coffee away from her and let her smile come back to life."Now, what kind of wedding were you two thinking of?"

"Well, Devin came up with the idea of having it on the beach. We can have a lot candles and rose petals along the walk way."I blushed slightly when I realized that I most likely sounded like a young girl."Does it sound stupid?"

"That sounds beautiful, Hillari."My mom sighed quietly.

"You all right, mom?"I asked softly.

"I'm okay."She sniffled slightly.

She was beginning to get upset all over again. I chuckled lightly and grabbed her hand with my own. I laced my fingers with hers and said, "No matter what happens, I will be your little girl. I find myself saying this every other day now."

"Because we're not ready to give you up yet, sweetheart."She wiped at her tearing eyes and smiled." Well, let's get back on subject. What colour do you want the brides maid dresses to be?"

"Most likely red."I said proudly.

"And your dress? How do you want it?"She seemed to be growing more excited with each question.

I ran a hand over my chin and thought for a moment. I always liked the classy look of the corset on top of a smooth flowing skirt. A smile crawled along my lips when I said, "A corset."

"A corset?"She asked.

"Yeah. You know, a tight corset that is over the silky white skirt of the dress?"I grinned like a fool.

"Oh, I see now."She laughed."That will look beautiful on you."

"I only want to spend about two grand on a dress at the most. I don't want a really expensive wedding. So long as Devin and I can exchange our vows, I'm perfectly fine with having it in the back yard."I said sweetly.

Everything that was being lied out in front of me was becoming too much. I didn't want a million dollar wedding; I wanted something simple and easy. I would be willing to wear my casual summer dress as a wedding gown and walk down the center of my back yard. It didn't matter how little the wedding cost to me, because in the end, I knew Devin and I would be happy.

I cleared my throat slightly when I felt myself getting choked up. My mom laughed at my reaction and ran her thumb over my hand. Softly, she said, "You'll do just fine, sweetheart. It's all going to be absolutely beautiful. You're going to be beautiful, the wedding is going to be beautiful. Everything."

"Thanks, mom."I pulled my hand from hers and got to my feet.

I pulled her into a warm, tight hug and rubbed her back softly. I felt like I was hugging my mother good bye forever. When I pulled away, I kissed her politely on the cheek. With a weak smile, I said, "I'm going over to Devin's to talk about some of this stuff. I'll see you later, alright mom?"

"Alright, sweetheart."She replied."Just be careful. I love you."

"Love you too, mom."I waved her good bye as I gathered my few things.

I pulled into Devin's driveway and found Amy stepping outside to retrieve her mail. She gave me a warm gaze and pulled me into a hug when I stepped from my car.

"Hey, Hillari! Devin is inside."She smiled.

"Actually, I need you to come with me."I grinned."I have a surprise for you."

"Oh, I love surprises!"She laughed.

Amy grabbed her mail and we made our way into their house. Devin turned around at the sink and offered me a happy and excited grin. I grabbed Amy by the hand and prepared myself for my next question. My only Bride's Maid was my mother and I knew Amy would be thrilled to be one as well. I waved Devin over and in a quiet voice asked, "I was wondering if you would like to be a Bride's Maid with my mother?"

Amy let out a squeal of approval before embracing me in a bone crushing hug. I knew where Devin got his muscles from. I whimpered quietly as Devin crossed his arms over his chest. Loudly, Amy shouted, "Oh, Hillari! It would be my pleasure!"

When she released me, I gave Devin a sly smirk.

"Wanna go over some of the details?"I asked her.

"I'd love to."She smiled warmly.

"I'm gonna go do -"I yanked Devin's arm into my own and chuckled lightly.

"Absolutely not, macho man. We've got details to go over!"Devin's loud groans were filtered out by our laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1
bloodravyn
NME_foREVer_6661

Thankyou subscribers! :D

Not gonna have internet soon.
Updates will come whenever I can get to the library.
Sorry guys.