‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Dr. Ryven

Jimmy walked into the doctor's office, happier than a kid in a candy store. He knew very well that these last few minutes would be his last with his sling, so long as everything had gone well. Jimmy signed himself in and waited the short amount of time before Dr. Ryven could see him. He was never patient, especially now.

He moved uncomfortabley in his seat and sighed in annoyance. He always hated waiting at a doctor's office. They always had the same amount of time to waste while you quickly grew impatient. They also had the same smell, which made everyone know where they were. It didn't have a specific name, but it still made people uncomfortable.

It was an overly clean and off smell. Even kids at a young age would recognize it quickly. Jimmy let his head fall back against the sheet rock. He closed his eyes for what he thought were a few moments, until someone was shaking his elbow lightly. He sat up and wiped a tired hand over his eyes.

He looked into the chocolate brown eyes of a young nurse, who seemed a little uncomfortable with waking the rock star. He offered her a warm smile and asked, "Is it my turn already?"

"Yes, it is."She said softly."Follow me, Mr. Sullivan."

Jimmy slowly stood from his seat and grabbed onto the chair handle to keep his balance some. His equilibrium was off just slightly, but he only assumed it was because of his medication. He followed the young nurse into the small room and thanked her. He waited for Dr. Ryven patiently as he scanned the posters along the walls.

They all explained different areas of the heart and what could happen if you refused to take care of it. Jimmy let out a yawn when a soft knock came at his door. Dr. Ryven stepped in, smiling like he always had. He extended a hand and said, "Nice to see you again, Jimmy."

"You too, doc."Jimmy shook his hand roughly, like all men did.

Dr. Ryven sat down in his small chair and rested his clipboard on his lap. He clasped his hands over it and said, "So, you've had it rough a good few times, am I right?"

"Oh, yeah."Jimmy laughed."Just a few."

"Well, this pacer should help you. Have you had any unsual pains or anything like that?"He asked.

"A few minor jabs, but other than that, I'm good."Jimmy said.

Dr. Ryven pulled his glasses from his eyes slightly and gave Jimmy a good look over. He shoved his glasses back up with one finger and said, "You look exhausted, James. How have you been sleeping?"

"I've been sleeping alright. I just feel tired all of the time."Jimmy shrugged, as if it were no big deal.

And it wasn't. Jimmy was used to getting no sleep, whether it be from touring or hanging out. Jimmy was normally lucky if he caught a few hours, regardless of many.

"Any slurring? Dizziness? Anything you don't normally have?"He questioned.

Jimmy could recall the few times he had bumped into the wall or the stove, but he figured it only to be his clumsiness. Or his lack of sleep. He knew that Michelle had pointed out his slight slurring during their lunch break, but other than that, Jimmy claimed himself to be okay. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "No, I'm doing alright."

"Good, good."He stood up and set his clipboard aside."Well, today is your big day, James."

"Take this fucker off of me, please."He joked.

"Hold still, alright? It's going to feel a little weird, knowing you have your left arm back."He chuckled lightly.

Dr. Ryven played with the straps to his sling before it came loose. Jimmy let out a happy gasp before picking his left arm up all the way. He grinned like a fool before Dr. Ryven added, "Just because the sling is off doesn't mean you can go back to doing your everyday thing, Jimmy. You still have to be careful for the next few days."

"No problem, doc."Jimmy tapped at his knees and added, "I just can't wait to start playing again."

"Well, we have to wait on being a rock star as well."He said."I'm going to tweak your pacer a bit and see if that helps your little jabs. It if does after a few weeks time, then you are more than okay to practice. And I use that term lightly."

"Sounds good to me."Jimmy smiled.

"Now, I'm going to lower your pain medication, if that's okay?"He asked.

"Hey, that's fine. It really isn't that painful anyway."Jimmy yawned."Sorry."

"It's alright. I know how you feel, trust me."Dr. Ryven joked."This is just a suggestion, but if you haven't been getting much sleep, I can raise your methadone just slightly. It's a strong and addictive drug, so I don't want to push it up too far."

Jimmy stopped to think for a moment. Raising his sleeping medication didn't sound so bad. It would only help him in the long run. He could use a night where he could safety say he slept like a baby. Jimmy nodded his head and said, "Maybe just a little. I can see where it brings me. Maybe I'll feel a bit better. Can you lower it if need be?"

"Jimmy, I'm a doctor."He laughed."Of course I can lower it. Here are your scripts,"

He scribbled down the new prescriptions for Jimmy and handed them over.

"I lowered your pain medication and upped your sleeping pills slightly. Now, if you would lie back on the bed and raise your shirt, I'll tweak the pacer a bit. Then you're a free man."Jimmy did as asked, allowing Dr. Ryven to play with what looked like a small, plastic remote.

He hooked Jimmy up to a heart monitor, at least what he presumed was one, for a few moments before playing with a few buttons. Jimmy looked up at the machine and asked, "Is it even on?"

"This one doesn't beep like the others."He chuckled."But I think I got this right on the dot. You can sit up now, Jimmy."

He unhooked the rocker before throwing everything he used away. Dr. Ryven took hold of his clipboard once more and said, "Well, I'll check up on you in one month. You can make your appointment with Nancy out front. Have a good day, Jimmy. You have any problems or questions, don't hesitate to call me, day or night, got it?"

"Thanks doc."Jimmy jumped from his bed and shook out his left arm.

It felt so much better to use his arm again. He missed the little things being easy, rather than a hard task. Jimmy followed the doctor out the door and made his next appointment. He could only hope that his appointments would become less and less over time. He shoved his prescriptions into his pocket before making an exit out the door.

Jimmy lit up a cigarette and growled lowly at the amazing feeling. It had been a long time since he could light one with both hands. He started his car and made the decision to fill his new presciptions. He was due for more medication anyway and he had the time to waste. He pulled into the CVS parking lot and turned off his car.

He stepped out his cigarette before walking in and made his way toward the pharmacy. He slapped his prescriptions down on the counter and smiled at the youn man before him. When his eyes met the prescriptions, he gave Jimmy an odd look. It was expected; the tattoos, the piercing in his lip.

Jimmy sighed quietly as the pharmacist said, "I need to call your doctor to confirm these prescriptions."

"Take your time, man."Jimmy smiled."I'll just take a seat."

Jimmy plopped down in the chair to the side and watched as the young man showed the scripts to another worker. She looked over at Jimmy and seemed to be cautious of filling the drugs. Jimmy let out a sigh and felt a frown crawl onto his lips. He knew he mustnt be on these meds if people other than him noticed how strong they were.

Jimmy had eventually gotten his medication and he made his way home. He slumped through the front door and yawned loudly, letting anyone inside know he was there. He shoved his medicine in his cabinet before making his way toward his bedroom. The small methadone tablet was pressed tightly between his fist.

He plopped down on his bed and felt his eyes start to get heavy. He had been waiting for this moment all day. He was upset to know that all he wanted to do was sleep anymore, even when he was out. He threw the pill into his mouth before swallowing it down with a tall glass of cold water.

Jimmy leaned back into the bed and groaned quietly. He grew tired rather quickly, but jolted awake when he felt his glass of water begin to pour onto his jeans. He set it aside and wiped at his damp jeans. He fell back into his bed and rolled over, ignoring the fact that he was still wet due to his clumsiness.

He let out a groan and closed his eyes tightly. He didn't like takiung his medication, but he knew it order to stay healthy, it was much needed. Jimmy shoved his hands under his pillow before whispering, "This shit better fucking work."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby
KellShadows
dawn8279
Alyx Khaos
RavenNightmare1
bloodravyn
NME_foREVer_6661

Thankyou subscribers! :D

Sorry it's taken me,
I don't know, two weeks to update?
I've got more free time now and plan on updating more frequently.
Every other day most likely. :)
Hope you guys enjoy.
I'll have another update soon! :)