‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Excitement

A chorus of laughter filled the room as Jimmy and the guys told my parents about the beach accident. I felt my cheeks grow hot out of embarrassment. It didn't matter if I won, lost or had a tie with the girls. I didn't want it to go the way it had. I chuckled quietly and brushed my hair from my eyes. My dad had given me a high five and my mom only shook her head.

They weren't angry, but I didn't exactly want them to know about the situation either. We all sat in the back yard, sipping from lemonade and enjoying the weather. Since the beach didn't go as planned, we decided to sit back and relax within my back yard. It was nice and cooling, but it never hit the spot like a nice warm breeze from the water did.

I played with the straw in my cup, tossing it from side to side until the seat next to me sunk down. I smiled at Devin, who only gave it back. He wrapped a loose arm over my shoulders and said, "You alright, Hillari?"

"I'm perfectly fine. I guess I'm not in a mood to hang out."I frowned."Sorry, Dev."

"It's fine. I know how you feel. You want to relax in your room and sleep the day away."He chuckled.

"No, that's you."I grinned."I just want to relax in some peace and quiet is all."

"I think everyone's going to leave after a few minutes away. Johnny looks like he's getting antsy and it's pissing Brian off."He smirked.

I could see across the yard as Johnny paced, cracking jokes and poking fun at Brian. Brian never took to Johnny's clownness well, so it obviously irritated him some. I looked at my parents as my mom called my name. With a smile, she said, "You're birthday's coming up. What do you want to do?"

I shrugged my shoulders, telling her how sitting back and not doing much sounded fine with me. She obliged and went on about having a large barbeque. The guys agreed and Jimmy smiled in fun.

"No, mom."I was slightly snappy today and I really tried to be nice."I don't want to do anything. It's okay."

"You're going to be twenty one!"Zacky grinned."How could you not want to party?"

"I do, but just for now, let's keep it at doing nothing."I smiled warmly.

"Can we at least sing happy birthday and have a big cake?"Matt pleaded.

"Alright, I can do that."I laughed."But nothing else. And if any one of you decide that birthday punches are on the list, check it off, because I will drown you in the pool."

"I don't know. After earlier I don't think I want to fuck with you."Zacky smirked.

I seemed to have cooled down slightly and began enjoying the company that was at the house. It had been a long time since I could sit back and relax with my friends and family, so I took it for granted. When one o' clock rolled around, Matt looked over at Jimmy and gave him a stern look. Jimmy tried to ignore him, but angrily sighed and thrust his hand into his front pocket.

"What's the matter?"I asked.

"I have to take these giant horse pills that taste like ass."Jimmy frowned."For my heart. Matt's just a jerk and wont let me skip one or two here and there."

"That's a good thing."I glared."You have to take your medicine, Jimmy. I don't want to get a phone call saying you're in the hospital."

Jimmy looked up from his pill vile and gave me a sad smile. I didn't want to be in school and find out that Jimmy had skipped out on his medication. If he went into the hospital it would break my heart into a million pieces. I looked over at Matt and smiled warmly.

"Thanks, Matt."I said."At least someone can keep an eye on him while I'm gone."

"I can do it myself."Jimmy muttered childishly."I just don't want to sometimes."

"See this pretty face?"Devin gripped my chin and shook my head slightly."Do you want to see it get upset and cry?"

Jimmy shot a playful glare in Devin's direction, but only smiled afterward. With a long, obnoxious sigh, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into a tight hug.

"No. I would never want to make you cry, sweetheart."He said softly."Trust me, it's the last thing on my list."

"Promise you'll take your medicine as prescribed? Even if Matt and I aren't around to make you?"I asked.

"I promise."He kissed the top of my head and took his arm from my shoulders.

He popped two large pills into his mouth and swallowed them down. I laughed to myself as his nose scrunched up. He stuck out his tongue, moaning and groaning about how bad the medicine tasted. I sipped at my lemonade as Jimmy downed his cup.

"The after taste is soooo bad!"He moaned.

"Want another cup?"I got up from my seat and took his glass into my hand.

"Please and thankyou."He licked his lips, trying his hardest to rid of the taste.

I walked into my house and into the kitchen, searching the fridge for the pint of lemonade. My dad hated store baught lemonade, so he decided on making his own. He said the store brand never hit the spot like home made lemonade, so that's where it took off. I have to admit, he was definitely right. It's so much better and sweeter if you just do it yourself.

I poured Jimmy a tall glass before returning the pint back to the fridge. I sipped out of his cup slightly, feeling the cold sweet sugar glide down my throat. I groaned in pleasure before starting my way toward the back yard once again. I nearly jumped out of my skin when shouting and cheers came from the back yard. I tried to balance the liquid in the cup as I ran outside.

The guys were excited, each of them high fiving eachother and jumping around. I looked at my parents and Devin, who laughed at their actions. I was completely confused, but knew it was something good if they were all excited about it. I stepped outside, placing Jimmy's glass on the small bench. I looked toward them and asked, "What the hell is going on?"

"Our cd is going out!"Matt cried.

"Two years in the making and it's done!"Zacky shouted.

"We can go on tour now!"Johnny threw his fist into the air, but after his last comment, I sunk back slightly.

If Jimmy and the guys went on tour any time soon, they would miss the rest of my break and possibly my birthday. This would be the first birthday I could actually spend with the guys and I was looking forward to the cake they were going to have for me. I pushed back my frown and forced a large smile.

"That's awesome guys."I said softly."Really."

Jimmy stepped over, hugging me tightly. He chuckled into my ear as he shook me back and forth.

"We wait a few days before our cd hits the stores, then we make our tour arrangement!"He smiled from ear to ear.

"Fantastic."I grinned.

If the guys went on tour now, I don't know what I would do. Not only that, but I was hoping Jimmy's heart would be able to put up with his physical activities during the shows. That was what worried me the worst - what if he had a heart attack?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24

Thankyou subscribers! :D