‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Heart Problems

Jimmy relaxed against his couch, wondering when their record company would get back to them. Their cds had just recently hit stores and had already sold more than they thought. He was happy to know that their fans accepted their music, no matter how many times they change up their beats or rhythms. To them it was a way of expressing themselves. Besides, who wants to hear the same thing over and over anyway?

Jimmy scratched at his chest, feeling it slightly tighten within a few minutes. He looked up at the clock on the wall and noticed that he had skipped out on his first days dose of medication. The doctor had explained that even if he hadn’t taken one of the daily doses, not to take extra the next time. Dr. Ryven was worried that if he doubled up to catch up with his timing that he would ether get sick from the high dosage or his body would eventually get used to his prescription strength.

Jimmy wasn’t always good with listening to his doctor, but if he told him not to double up then he could only agree. It was only two pills that he had missed and he wasn’t necessarily upset about it. He hated taking his medicine as much as he hated getting his physical before the tour. That was another thing on his mind - he had to beat his heart problem if he wanted to be able to play soon.

He could only take so much physical activity before he grew restless and excruciatingly tired. He found it harder to breath and more difficult to do certain things anymore. Jimmy would never be able to give up his drums, however, no matter what his heart was telling him to do. He leaned over on the couch and rubbed his chest roughly. If this was what would happen by skipping out on a daily dose of medicine, he was sure not to do it again.

Jimmy rose from the couch and made his way to his bathroom, hoping to find his pill vile before his chest began striking him worse. He coughed a few times into his hand and took a slight rest against the wall. His left side began cramping up and the pain on his chest became increasingly heavy. Jimmy rose his left arm as much as he could and tried to form a fist. His hand only clenched so much.

“I think I’m having,”He whispered quietly.”a heart, attack.”

He stumbled his way into his bathroom and tore open his medicine cabinet. He pulled the vile from the shelf and popped it open. Doctors orders were specific in taking the right dose, but at this point Jimmy wanted his pain gone. He reached in with his left hand, but his fingers were slowly growing numb. The pills fell from his fingers as he tried to grasp them. He needed his phone right away. He had to call 911.

He held the bottle to his lips, feeling four pills glide their way into his mouth. He didn’t have time for water as he chewed down on them. He gagged multiple times, tasting the rancid flavor as he swallowed the now powdered pills down. He raced as quick as he could into the kitchen before falling into the island. He reached as far as he could for his phone, but his fingers barely grasped it.

He was becoming weaker and was beginning to panic. What exactly was going on with him? Why now out of all times would he be having major problems with his heart? What would the guys think? What would Hillari think? He pushed himself forward, feeling his left leg shake and shiver under the pressure. It gave out on him as he pulled at the phone. He fell, taking it down with him.

He began gasping for air as his shaking fingers dialed 911. He started coughing, which only caused his breathing to become harder and harder. He could hear on the other end that an operator had come onto the phone, but Jimmy was at a loss f or words. He didn’t know what to say. He had lost his train of thought by the time the operator had continued to ask if he was there.

I’m sending paramedics and the police over right away. Are you there? Can you hear me? Help will be there soon!

“Heart,”He choked.”attack.”

Sir? Sir, the medics and patrol cars are on their way. I just pin pointed your location. Stay on the phone with me sir. Can you still hear me?

“Can’t,”He tried continuously to allow the oxygen in his lungs, but it only felt like a ton of bricks were sitting on his chest.”breath.”

Don’t panic sir. They’ll be there in no time. I’ll be here with you until they show up. You’ll be okay, sir. You’ll be just fine.

Jimmy could eventually hear the sirens in the distance. He could hear them growing closer and closer. He was afraid that by the time they would break in through his front door, though, that he would be unconscious, or worse, dead. Did skipping out on his medication, which was clearly by accident, force him to fall into his cardiac arrest? Was his chest pains coming back with a vengeance?

Can you hear the sirens, sir? They’ll be there shortly. Please, stay on the phone.

“Hillari,”Jimmy’s eyes welled in tears as he thought about Hillari seeing him this way.

How would she react when she saw him in the hospital? How would she react if he didn’t make it out of his house alive? Jimmy tried to clench his chest, but his left arm refused to move. He felt like he was being held down and suffocated with a pillow. Was this really how he was going to die?

Is anyone home with you?

“Alone.”He coughed.

Jimmy rolled onto his back, but the pressure never subsided. He could now hear the sirens outside his house, but it didn’t ease his nerves. His right arm plopped itself onto his chest as he tried to claw at his skin. He needed to breath, but he knew that he would lose consciousness at any given point in time. It was a matter of fighting through now, not waiting for anyone to help him.

Loud bangs errupted at his door, but he couldn’t call out to them. His tears pulled at the corners of his eyes before they began to free fall. He opened his mouth to yell out, but no words fell through his dry lips. He was slowly growing tired, but he knew he had to fight off whatever was coming over him. The people at the door didn’t waste time in breaking through. They labeled themselves as the police, but who else would be breaking into his house now?

Jimmy tried to call out, to tell them he was in the kitchen, but as his silent cries came out, his eyes began to flutter shut. He couldn’t breath and his heart was beating fiercely. Out of the corner of his eye a shadow flew passed him and before he knew paramedics were piling into his home. A young man knelt beside him, clutching his left hand tightly. He must have been nearly twenty three years old, because his face was rather young.

Jimmy forced a small, but noticeable smile, knowing he was in good hands now. Even though Jimmy couldn’t feel this man clutching his hand, he knew for a fact he was there. Loudly, he said, “You’ll be okay, sir. We’re here to help.”

If it was up to Jimmy, he would respond with something sarcastic, but at this point in time, he couldn’t do much at all. He knew for a fact he wouldn’t be one hundred percent okay, just by the look in the young man’s eyes, but he had a feeling he would be coming home soon. Jimmy tried to take in one last gasp of air, but within a few extra minutes, he had lost consciousness all together.

You’ll be okay, sir.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers! :D

So sorry that I haven't updated in a few days guys.
I've been so fucking busy it's ridiculous.
Stupid and weird excuse,
but I've been car shopping.
Paid off though, cause I finally got one haha.
I know, I'm a horrible author for leavin' you guys hanging.
>.< Sorry

Small message for those who have been watching the news -

I was watching very late Sunday and in the bottom of the screen read Osama Bin Laden Dead. Now I don't know how you guys feel about it, which I would hopefully think is rather ecstatic, but I couldn't believe it at first. The news casters' explained Obama gave the message to go in and fire, which lasted for forty minutes before that sorry son of a bitch took one to the head.

I just have to thank the person who had fired that god given shot. Thankyou and Bless you, for giving up your freedom to fight for our country. Thank you for giving us American's the freedom we want. Thankyou for putting your life on the line to take out America's most wanted (in my eyes). And I tear up writing this, because I now know that that monster is dead.

I now know that because of you anonymous, we are safer. That doesn't stop Al Queda from wanting our heads on a silver platter, but Bin Laden was just a piece of the never ending puzzle. You did that, for us. Thankyou. Bless you and your family. You gave us that much more hope that things will fall into place.

I'm not a big news person or politics person, but I think that every American could feel that much better about the situation. Yes, I do fear that Al Queda will come back with vengeance, but just think - they would have to do something so dramatic, but what exactly?

I'm done writing about that here. I think I'm going to make a journal on it, cause now I'm starting to think. Thankyou guys again, and I apologize.

God Bless America.
Ho - fuckin - rah!