‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Worst Timing

Matt, Brian and Zacky stood around the pool table in Matt's game room, sipping at their beers and having a good time. The band was taking it easy, knowing that at any moment their record company could call with their first tour date. It had been too long since the guys had gone on tour and they were all more than excited to get on that bus and play.

Pantera suddenly blared out into the room, forcing all the guys to start patting their pants pockets. They all pulled out their cell phones, but Matt was the only one ringing. When he saw the number, he arched his eyebrows in confusion. The last time he had recieved a random phone call, a young woman was on the other end who was more than in love with him.

"I don't know who this is."He said.

"Better hope it ain't that die hard fan of yours again."Zacky smirked.

"That bitch was crazy."Brian sipped at his beer."She'd have your babies in a second."

"Yeah."Matt rolled his eyes and answered his cell phone."Hello?"

This is Tina calling from St. Josephs Hospital in Fountain Valley -

Matt grew nervous, which forced Brian and Zacky's stares to grow more intense. Matt could only think of one person that would be on their way to the hospital and it worried him severely. The words that came out of Tina's mouth only proved him correct.

James Sullivan was brought in nearly an hour ago due to Cardiac Arrest. You were marked under I.C.E, so I presumed -

"Is he okay?"Matt set down his beer and gripped the pool table tightly.

He seemed to be growing dizzy, knowing what had caused Jimmy's visit at the hospital. Brian and Zacky watched, in fear, as he continued on with his conversation.

He's currently stable.

"I'm coming down."He hung up the phone, making sure he shoved it back into his pocket.

Matt turned toward his friends, unsure of what to say. He always hated being the bearer of bad news and as of lately, that's exactly what's been going on. He wiped down his face and let out a quiet sigh. He pushed the trucker hat on his head back slightly before looking both Brian and Zacky in the eyes.

"What happened?"Zacky must have known what was coming.

"Is he okay?"Brian leaned his pool stick up against the table and drained the rest of his beer.

"He's stable."Matt said cooly.

"That's it?"Brian spat."Just stable? They couldn't fucking give you anything else?!"

"I hung up!"Matt glared."We need to go down there now."

"Where is he?"Zacky followed after Brian and leaned his pool stick up against the table.

"St. Joseph's Hospital. He's about twenty minutes away."Matt frowned.

"What about Hillari?"Zacky questioned."You have to tell her."

"Let's just go to the hospital first. Then we can worry about Hillari."Matt reached into his pocket, making sure he had his car keys."I don't want her to know until I know he's okay."

"I'll call Johnny and have him meet us there."Zacky followed after Brian and Matt, making sure he had his cell phone in his hands.

As they climbed into the car, Zacky took the honor of calling Johnny and giving him the bad news. Johnny didn't take it well, but he promised that he would get in his car to meet them. The drive was quiet and uneventful. All of the guys had the same thought - would he be okay? The radio was down low, not setting the mood any better.

By the time that they had gotten to the hospital, they were all jittery and shakey. They all wanted to know Jimmy's status, but slightly wanted to wait it out. When they got to the front doors, a voice behind them was calling their names. They turned, finding Johnny jogging up to them. His eyes showed nothing but fear and Zacky put his arm over his shoulders.

Matt turned toward the guys, not allowing them to step in yet. In a calm, but fearful voice, he said, "No matter what, guys, he'll be okay. He's probably going to be hooked up to a bunch of machines, but they're only helping."

"We know bro."Brian patted Matt on the back before pushing through the glass doors."We know."

The guys walked to the desk in front, asking politely for Jimmy's room. He was on the second floor in room 203. They made their way, rather quickly, to his room and stopped before walking in. They were hesitant only because they didn't want to see their best friend hooked up to multiple wires. They didn't want to see him if there was something seriously wrong. Didn't everyone feel that way?

Matt took the honors of knocking on the door. He peeked through the small window and could only see Jimmy's feet at the end of the bed. He opened the door slowly and peeked his head in. Jimmy turned in his direction and let a large smile pull at his lips. He spread his arms wide and said, "Matthew Sanders! Come on in!"

Matt couldn't help but chuckle at Jimmy's enthusiasm. He turned toward the guys after pushing the door open and said, "Maybe they should have brought him to a mental hospital instead."

"You're just jealous."Jimmy folded his arms over his chest and pouted at the guys.

"Definately jealous."Brian took notice of all the wires and shook his head.

A breathing tube was pushed inside of Jimmy's nose, allowing him a better flow of oxygen. An iv was hooked to his hand and multiple nerve wires were stuck to his chest. Matt took a stand next to Jimmy and sighed softly.

"What happened, Jimbo?"He asked softly.

"It was a heart attack."Jimmy said."Now, what I'm going to say is probably going to piss you off, but hear me out first."

Matt folded his arms over his broad chest and looked down at Jimmy with accusing eyes.

"Go on."He said sternly.

"I forgot to take my medicine."Jimmy winced, waiting to get smacked behind the head, but nothing ever came out of it."I wasn't paying attention. I got up to take it but my chest got really tight. I went down hill from there."

"Well, at least your okay now."Zacky smiled."You're okay now, right?"

"Yes."He laughed."The doctor wants to keep me over night, but only to make sure my heart doesn't act up."

"Your doctor hot?"Johnny smirked.

"Unless you count an eighty year old man as hot, then yeah, pretty smokin'."Jimmy cackled.

Johnny's features fell at the thought of the man. He shivered under his thoughts and shook them out of his head rather quickly. Jimmy suddenly grew concerned and looked up at the guys.

"Does Hillari know about this?"He asked quietly.

"No, not yet."Matt said."I'm gonna go get her, actually. I wont tell her until we're on our way."

"Wait,"Jimmy sat up in bed, but placed a heavy hand on his chest.

"Easy, Jim."Zacky frowned."Don't get stressed out."

Jimmy leaned back in his seat, allowing his heart to calm and not strain itself. He looked up at Matt with pleading eyes before asking, "Can you stay here with me? Maybe Zacky can get her?"

"I don't mind getting her."Brian voluntered."I'll just give her a quick call. Tell her I need to talk to her."

"You're not really the most sympathetic friend I have."Jimmy glared."You're, what's the word, kind of an asshole."

"Not to Hillari."Brian frowned.

"I'll do it!"Johnny rose his hand, but upon the looks he recieved, gave up on his offer.

"Brian can go."Matt protested."I don't see a problem with it."

Jimmy looked up at Brian, giving him the most worried look. Brian laughed loudly before patting Jimmy on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, I wont scare her."Brian grabbed the keys from Matt before waving his friends off.

He walked out of Jimmy's room and down the hall, reaching into his pocket for his cell phone. He waved to the women at the desk they had just come from and dialed Hillari's number. He kept his thumb over the send button, but never pressed it. He was slightly nervous, knowing that he never had to give her any bad news. He didn't know how she would react.

After gaining enough courage he pressed the button and put the phone to his ear. It rang a few times before he could hear her welcoming voice on the other end. She seemed to be in a good mood, because laughter filled the end before she got on. In a quiet chuckle, Brian said, "Hey, Hillari."

Hey, Brian. What's up?

"Nothing much. Look, I was wondering if I could come and pick you up? There's something important I want to talk to you about. Don't worry, it's nothing life threatening."Brian was mentally kicking himself for promising something he couldn't be sure of.

Well, how long would it take for you to get here? I could be home in like thirty minutes or so.

"That's fine. It'll take me about that time to get to your house anyway."He stated calmly."I'll see you then."

Sounds good to me. Bye Brian.

They hung up as Brian got to the car in the parking lot. He ran a rough hand over his face, knowing that he would have to explain to Hillari that Jimmy was escorted to the hospital over a heart attack. Even though he was fine now, he knew girls and their emotions. They became attatched so quickly and easily it made him sick sometimes. He hated how girls could do that.

He jumped into the car and made his way toward Hillari's house. Within a half an hour he was pulled up in front of Ken and Michelle's house. Devin's car was parked in front of him, so he made it in perfect timing. Ken was standing outside, smoking his normal cigarette like he usually does. Ken gave a wave before walking toward the car, cigarette clung to his lip.

Brian emerged from the car and gave him a hefty hand shake. With a smile, Ken said, "Hey, Brian. How are ya?"

"I'm doing okay."He said calmly.

"What's so important that you have to talk to Hillari?"Brian frowned and Ken instantly took it as a bad sign."What happened, Brian?"

"Jimmy was taken to the hospital by ambulance a few hours ago."He said softly."I'm going to take her to see him, if that's okay with you. He's okay now. It was just a scare."

"That's fine with me. Do you want to tell her here?"He asked.

"I think I'm going to do it on the ride. Make sure she's in a good mood, just to tell her that he's doing fine. He's still normal Jimmy."He chuckled.

"Well, you give him our best wishes, Brian. Are they keeping him over night?"He stole a pull from his cigarette and Brian hungrily licked over his lips.

He joined Ken with a cigarette as well and shook his head in agreement.

"Just over night. They want to make sure his heart wont cause him anymore problems."He sighed.

"Well, we'll come visit him a little later. We'll let Hillari see him first. I'll go let her know you're here."He smiled."Good talkin' to ya again, Brian."

They shook hands once more before he walked inside to retrieve Hillari. She eventually emerged from the front door just as Brian was stepping out his cigarette. She waved over to him, a large smile pressed against her lips. Devin followed after her, but he didn't stay long. He had to get home for diner with his mother. They said quick goodbyes before getting into the car.

"You're in a good mood."Brian pulled out, making sure he got onto the highway quickly.

"Good day I guess."She chuckled."So, what's going on? What did you need to talk to me about?"

Brian pulled onto the highway and licked over his lips. How would he break it to her without Hillari getting extremely upset? He didn't know how to word it, but he had to make it sound short and sweet. He didn't want her thinking that Jimmy was in intensive care. He cleared his throat as he looked over at Hillari. His gaze switched from the road and back before he sighed softly.

"It's about Jimmy, Hillari."He said softly."I wanted to bring you to him."

"What's,"She stopped for a moment.

She was already getting upset. That was what he was trying to avoid this whole time.

"What's wrong with him?"She whimpered.

"He's okay, Hillari."Brian took hold of her hand and gave her a reassuring smile."He's okay. He was taken to the hospital a few hours ago. He had a mild heart attack."

Hillari shook her head and bit down on her bottom lip. Brian squeezed her hand, trying his hardest to keep her calm. He didn't want to see her cry. If Brian saw any woman cry it broke his heart, no matter how bad ass he tried to make people believe he was.

"Don't cry, Hillari."He said softly."It's okay."

Hillari pulled her hand from Brian's grasp and covered her face in her hands.

"Shit,"Brian flicked his blinker on and headed toward the shoulder of the highway.

Hillari sobbed quietly into her hands, shaking with each breath she took. Brian frowned as he got out of the car and walked around to her side of the car. He popped open her door and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug. Hillari hugged him as tight as she could and dug her face into his shoulder. He sighed softly, quietly whispering, "I'm sorry, Hillari. I didn't mean to make you cry."

Hillari stayed silent and only cried quietly into his shoulder. Brian stroked her hair gently, trying to keep her from getting more upset. After a few moments Hillari pulled away, wiping sloppily at her swollen and redened eyes. She sniffled slightly before shaking her head in disbelief. Brian did exactly what he tried not to do - get her upset over this.

"Let's get in the car. I'll take you to see Jimmy and I'll show you he's okay."He smiled warmly.

Hillari turned back in her seat and Brian closed her door gently behind her. He made his way to his side of the car and got back in. He took a tight hold on Hillari's hand and made sure to hold it the whole way. Hillari broke down only a few more times before they made it to the hospital. As Brian pulled into a parking spot, Hillari looked down at her feet. He knew how she felt.

He's had many family members enter the hospital due to certain attacks. Even though his father had never been admitted, he knew people who were certainly close to him that were. He got out of the car and opened her door for her. She was reluctant on going inside, but who could blame her? He shut the door behind her and made sure to lock it up.

He walked Hillari to Jimmy's room, but before they walked in, Hillari stopped by the door. She seemed to have taken in a few deep breaths before looking up at Brian. She wiped her eyes clean and gave him a warm, but fearful smile. He only returned it and wrapped an arm over her shoulder. Quietly he said, "He's okay. He's just in a dress right now."

She chuckled lowly at his comment and he pushed the door open. Hillari instantly welled in tears before rushing to Jimmy's side. She pulled him into a hug, taking everyone by surprise. Jimmy patted her back before saying, "Hey, Hillari. Don't cry, sweetheart."

Hillari broke down, crying hysterically into Jimmy's chest. He kept her in a tight hug and looked up at Brian.

"I broke it to her easy, Jimmy. You know I would."He said with a frown.

"He was good."Hillari whimpered."It was scary to find out."

She pulled away and Jimmy wiped at her tears.

"My heart acted up, but I'm okay."He smiled.

Hillari sat up on the bed and looked up at the rest of the guys. Matt gave her a warm smile before sitting beside her at Jimmy's feet. He rubbed her back softly, but jumped up when his phone started going off. He motioned he would be right back and stepped out of the room. He answered with a calm hello and was shocked when he heard who was on the other end.

Sanders! Guess what we got, buddy?!

"This is not a good time right -"He was cut off by his producer.

Your tour scheduele! That's right man. May nineteenth your hitting the road. Congrats, dude!

"I have to go. Tell the band and all. I'll talk to you later, Dave."Matt hung up, dropping his phone into his pocket.

Only at a time like this would he get the phone call that should excite the whole band. Matt was nervous, knowing that Jimmy's heart could go out on him at any given moment. He wasn't so sure that this tour would be a good thing. Ether Jimmy would have to be cured, or they would need a replacement drummer. Matt peeked through the door and motioned for Brian to come outside.

He followed after him, shutting the door quietly behind him. Matt sighed softly before looking up at Brian. Quietly, he said, "Well, producers just called."

"Really?"Brian's shoulder slumped.

"May nineteenth we go out."Matt said.

"What about Jimmy?"Brian frowned.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see, wont we?"Matt sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers! :D