‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Arguement

"A replacement?!"I cringed at Jimmy's outburst.

I hadn't expected him to get so upset over not being able to tour, at least for a little while. I thought it would be a good thing to have him sit home and relax, but to Jimmy, it was like pulling teeth. I frowned as he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"Jimbo, you have to understand."Matt frowned.

"No."Jimmy glared."You guys need to understand. Playing is my life. I can't just give it up! What about the fans?!"

"Fuck the fans, bro."Brian spat."You need to think about your health first. The last thing we need is for you to collapse on stage because of this heart thing you got going on."

"I wont get sick."Jimmy argued.

"Jimmy, please."Zacky pleaded."This is for your own -"

"Don't please me!"He shouted.

Jimmy stopped suddenly and cringed over into his lap. He pressed a heavy hand to his chest and took in a few deep breaths as the room grew silent. As I reached forward, he let out a deep breath and shook his head. I wanted to shake the shit out of him and tell him this was for his own good, but I knew how stubborn he was. I placed my hand on his and got his full attention.

"Just think about it, okay?"I asked quietly."Please?"

He had no time to answer, because three loud knocks came at his room door. We all looked over, finding an elder doctor stepping into the room. He smiled warmly before greeting us.

"Hello, James. I'm Dr. Owens. I'm going to be your Cardiologist."He stated calmly.

"Oh, good."Jimmy sighed."Can I go home now?"

Dr. Owens gave a quiet chuckle before shaking his head.

"I'm afraid not, James. I'm going to send you in for an x - ray and then another stress test. You could be here a few more days."He said softly."I'm sorry to burst your bubble on that one, but god forbid something happen to you again, you'll be here so we can help."

"Yeah."Jimmy frowned."But on one condition."

Jimmy's eyes met everyone in the room, forcing me to swallow hard. What else could he want right now? He was in no condition to be negotiating things.

"If I take my physical before the tour and prove to you guys I'll be fine, then I can go."He crossed his arms over his chest and let a satisfactory grin crawl across his lips.

The guys chuckled lightly, knowing he would keep at his little bargain. Matt patted him on the back as Dr. Owens called for a wheelchair.

"We'll see buddy."He smiled.

"I'm going to have to ask you guys to stay in the waiting room. I'll come in and tell you when everything is done."Dr. Owens pushed open the door, allowing a nurse to push a wheelchair through to the bed.

"Good luck, Jimmy."I quickly snuck a hug in to him before leaving the room.

I itched at my eyes constantly as we sat in the waiting room. Matt and Brian sat beside me, as Zacky and Johnny played with the tv. We were the only ones in here, until a few minutes flew by. By then people started coming in, coughing and crying about their pains. I was growing nervous, wondering when the doctor would be back with Jimmy's results.

I began to tap my foot along the floor, letting a loud sigh escape my lips. I looked around the room, finding parents and their kids and elderly people in wheelchairs. I didn't want to know what happened, but just to get my mind off of Jimmy I was ready to ask. I froze when a hand met my knee. I looked up and gave Matt the best smile I could manage.

"He'll be okay, Hillari."He stated calmly."It's Jimmy. It's gonna take a lot more than a little kick in the heart to bring him down."

I chewed on my bottom lip as Matt released his hand and blurted out, "Is he really going on tour with you guys?"

Matt and Brian looked down at me before looking up at eachother. They both seemed as worried as I was, knowing that Jimmy would keep at it until someone caved in. Matt ran a hand down his face and Brian turned away from us.

"We don't know yet."He sighed."If the doctor's say he'll be okay, then yes, he probably will."

"But what if he gets sick again, Matt?"I argued."What if he collapses on stage?!"

God forbid anything were to happen to Jimmy on the tour, I would never forgive myself. I would never forgive the guys. I thought the perfect plan was to allow Jimmy to sit home and relax and not worry about being over active for a crowd of a few thousand people. I wouldn't have it, at least in my point of view. Knowing the guys were even thinking of letting him go furriated me.

I stood from my seat as I reached into my bag for my cigarettes. Matt stood as well and took a light grip on my arm. Quietly, he said, "Let's go outside and talk, Hillari."

I yanked my arm from his grasp and followed him outside, instantly lightly my cigarette once I met the California breeze. I walked away from him, trying to find a secluded area were we wouldn't get caught smoking a cigarette. Every hospital had their rules on it, but for some reason I couldn't find a safe place to smoke without being harrassed by a security guard.

I snuck in between my car and Matt's and waited for Matt to catch up. As he turned from behind his car he held a flame to his cigarette, inhaling deeply. Matt never smoked, unless on occasions, which then were normally bad or made him nervous. You couldn't tell how he felt by how he acted, unless you knew him well enough to know his smoking habits.

I placed a hand on my hip, pulling my cigarette furiously away from my lips. In a rage, I said, "So, what do you have to say, Matt?"

"Just calm down, Hillari. It's not a definate if he's going to tour or not. It all depends - "I stopped him in mid sentence.

"It all depends on if he'll have a heart attack? If he'll collapse and fall into a coma?"I spat."You guys are ridiculous right now. He just had a heart attack! How is that not good enough for you?!"

I shook my head and flicked my cigarette into Matt's chest. I walked past him, growling lowly, "I'm sorry that you would risk the life of one of your band mates to get higher sales, Matt."

"Hillari!"Matt took a tight grip on my forearm as I passed him and begged me to wait."That's not it at all. If you're to naive to think -"

"Let me the fuck go. Go talk this over with your pals inside. I'm sure they'd love to hear your opinion on the matter."I pulled myself from his grip and stormed away, heading back into the waiting room.

I walked in as Dr. Owens stepped out and hurried my pace. He took notice of me and gave a warm smile.

"Is everyone here?"He asked.

"No -"I stepped beside Zacky and cut him short.

"We're all here. Is he okay?"I asked quietly.

"Jimmy will be fine. It was a mild attack, but we will keep him for about two more days, just in case. After that he's a free man."I stuck out my hand, offering a shake with a smile.

"Thankyou so much."I felt my eyes well up again."Can we see him yet?"

"It's going to be a while until you can. He's a little tired from the stress test. Once he's well enough I'll send you guys in two at a time."He stated matter of factly."I'll check up on him in about an hour or so."

"Thankyou so much, Dr. Owens."I whimpered.

I wiped at my eyes as he gave a nod of approval. He turned on his heel and left, allowing the guys to converse and be happy about the situation. I readjusted my purse on my arm and brushed my hair back from my eyes. I needed to cool down a little bit and I knew that would mean leaving for a while. I would just go get Devin and hang until an hour passed by.

I turned to leave when Brian called my name. I turned to face him and my shoulder's slumped at his facial expression. He wasn't happy, but rather slightly upset about something. I brushed my hand against his arm and asked, "You okay, Bri?"

"What happened outside?"He asked quietly.

"Just a conversation. I'm going to go get Devin and come right back. Text me if you guys need anything, alright? Especially if anything changes on Jimmy."I warned.

Brian stayed silent for a moment, but shook his head in agreement.

"I'll let you know."I turned and left the hospital and found Matt by the cars, stepping out his burned cigarette filter.

He looked up at me with a frown, but I only brushed passed him to get into my car. He stepped up to my driver's door and took hold of it, making sure I wouldn't shut it in his face.

"I wish you knew me better."Matt sighed.

"I'm pretty sure I have you down pat. Move."I growled.

"No, you don't."He looked up, crossing his arms over his chest."Or else you would know I would never put our music before the band's health."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers! :D

Thankyou to Aightball for pointing out my hospital mistakes in the last chapter!
I'm fixing them in this chapter. :)

As for everyone else!
I'm sorry I left you guys hanging.
What's it been a week?
Maybe longer?
I promise I'll pick up.
I've been going to a lot of doctors.
It's funny in a way.
It's a lot of chest pains >.<
I promise, promise, promise I'll update quicker from now on.
:)