‹ Prequel: Adolescent

Mature

Test Play

Matt watched in sorrow as Hillari pulled out of the parking lot. He didn't mean to upset her - that was the last thing on his list. He wanted to make sure that she knew he would never jepordize any of the band member's lives just for a concert tour. He would tell his producers to fuck off before he let any of his friends get sick during a concert.

He angrily threw a fist into his passenger door and let his head fall against his window. He knew he had done something stupid on his part. He knew if he could have worded the conversation better Hillari would still be here. She wouldn't be angry with him and things would be okay. He needed to make things up to her somehow, but he wasn't quite sure how to yet.

Matt slipped away from his car and headed back into the building. Once Brian caught sight of him he stood, meeting him halfway through the waiting room. He stopped Matt and asked, "What happened outside?"

"What do you mean?"Matt cackled."Everything's good."

"I know Hillari's going to get Devin, but she seemed a little pissed off. What did you do?"Brian crossed his arms over his chest and Matt gave him a questioning look.

"Dude, that's my best friend's daughter. You think I want to piss her off?"Matt grinned."She got angry with me. She thinks I'll risk everything just to let Jimmy get on stage with us."

"Really?"Brian asked.

"Really."Matt sighed."Anything on Jimmy?"

"He's doing okay. The doc said we can see him two at a time within the hour. They're going to keep him for about two more days just in case anything picks up."Brian walked with Matt back into the waiting room and sat in their seats.

The hour dragged on for what seemed like days, but whenever you were stuck in a hospital that's what time felt like. It was a major relief when Dr. Owens stepped through the large doors and asked for Jimmy's friends and family. They all stood, but he was quick to shake his hand.

"Only two at a time, guys."He said."Just in case something happens, we don't want a crowded room."

The guys spoke amongst themselves for a few seconds before Brian and Matt followed Dr. Owens through. The walk was eerily quiet and uneasy, but they eventually made it to Jimmy's room. He turned once he found the guys and let a happy smile meet his lips.

"Hey! You know these people want to keep me here for two more fucking days?"Jimmy frowned."It's unbelievable!"

"It's just for your safety, James."Dr. Owens shut the door behind them and left the guys to themselves.

"Two more fucking days."Jimmy growled.

"Well, just in case, right?"Brian shrugged.

Jimmy looked around the room and quickly gave the guys a questioning stare.

"Where's Hillari?"He asked.

"Went to go pick up Devin."Matt said.

"She's kind of pissed."Brian shrunk back in his seat when Matt shot him an angry glare.

"Why?"Jimmy asked.

"She asked if you were going to tour with us. I didn't know what to say, dude."Matt sighed as he ran a hand down his face."She's pissed at me right now."

"She'll get over it. Chicks normally do."Brian said.

"She's not your average chick."Jimmy spat."Don't refer to her like that, Bri."

"Sorry, sorry."Brian held up his hands in defense.

"Chicks are the girls you pick up on tour. Hillari is a gir - woman."Jimmy corrected himself."Now what happened?"

Jimmy moved his bed to a sitting position and waited for an explanation out of Matt. Matt groaned inwardly before explaining to him from start to finish what had happened between the two. Jimmy shook his head in the end and said, "She'll be okay. I'll talk to her."

"Yeah, she wont really listen to me."Matt scratched the back of his head and sighed quietly.

"She's closest to you out of everyone of Jimmy's friends, dude."Brian said."She'll get over it. Maybe if she actually listened -"

"Alright, he gets it."Jimmy spat."Now about the tour thing."

"I don't know dude."Matt frowned."You need to be fully checked out."

"And I'll do it."Jimmy smirked."I'll show you guys that I can play perfectly fine, if not better."

Brian snorted in amusement and forced Jimmy to send him an angry glare.

"What?"He asked.

"I don't know, Jimbo. You might not be cut out. Maybe Hillari's right. Maybe you should stay home for a little while. Or maybe come along and watch?"Brian cringed at Jimmy's next outburst.

"This is bullshit!"He cried.

"Dude, watch the heart -"Matt began.

"No, fuck this. When I get out I'm taking that physical and going on tour. I'll be fine."He snapped.

"We'll see how it goes, okay?"Matt smiled.

"Fine."Matt stood from his seat and said his goodbyes to Jimmy.

"I'll be back tomorrow, alright?"He said."Maybe I'll sneak you in some McDonalds."

"Wendy's?"Matt chuckled before complying.

"Alright, Wendy's it is."Jimmy threw a fist in the air, happy about what was coming to him.

"I'll let the other two come in I guess."Brian said.

Brian also said his goodbyes and followed Matt out of Jimmy's room. Johnny and Zacky stayed as long as they possible could before it was time to leave. The guys started making their way to the entrance of the hospital when someone caught their eye. Matt kept his head down, not wanting to argue again with Hillari as she walked past them.

"Hey, guys, whats up?"Devin high fived who he could before they made their way to Jimmy's room.

Goodbye's were said as they piled into Matt's car and headed off. Matt felt guilty for letting Hillari get to him the way she did, but he was also slightly angry. If Hillari had let him finish, then there would be no problem. If Hillari had let him put his two cents in then she wouldn't think that he was the asshole. As a matter of fact, the fight was Hillari's fault.

"Hate fighting with women?"Brian leaned back in the passenger seat once Zacky got out of the car.

It was now just Brian and Matt, who were the only two, besides Jimmy, who knew about the arguement.

"Hate it."Matt frowned."She could have listened to me and that would be that."

"Don't worry about it, dude. It'll blow over real soon."Brian put his hands behind his head and kicked his feet up on the dashboard.

"Hopefully. Your house?"He asked.

"My house."Brian pushed his hat in front of his eyes before relaxing into the tan interior seat.

Matt eventually dropped Brian off and let himself think of his way home. Jimmy had two days left in the hospital, which would lead up to May 16th. The nineteenth they would be shipped out to their first concert and Matt had a bad feeling that something wrong would happen. He didn't want to put Jimmy's life in danger, but he didn't want to keep him from living his dream.

He was stuck between a rock and a hard place and he couldn't make sense out of anything. He pulled into his drive and slowly walked his way into his home. It was slowly getting late and he knew he could always sleep on it. As he made his way inside, he was sure to kick the door shut behind him while pulling off his shirt. He was tired and wanted nothing more than his own bed.

He walked up the stairs to his bedroom and plopped lazily on his bed. He rolled onto his back and placed his hands neatly under his head. He sighed softly and whispered, "Why am I always the bad guy?"

Two Days Later

Jimmy skipped his way outside of the hospital and threw his hands up into the air.

"Freedom!"He turned, finding Matt and Zacky beside him.

They chuckled quietly as they walked their way to Zacky's bmw. They were on their way to Brian's house, where they would have a practice round of their live show. They wanted to make sure that Jimmy was up to par with his playing. They all came to an agreement that if Jimmy showed any signs of being hurt than they wouldn't allow him to play.

The drive was quite amusing and loud. It came to a quick end when Zacky pulled into Brian's driveway. Everything was set up in the basement and Jimmy seemed more than excited to play. Matt threw down his hat before grabbing the microphone from the stand. Calmly, he said, "Don't force yourself to do anything, Jimbo. If you don't feel right you stop. No one's forcing you to play."

"Yeah, yeah."He grinned."Let's get to it."

"Start with Betrayed?"Matt asked.

The guys started the song within a few moments and played through it easily. Jimmy seemed like new and didn't have a problem playing along with the guys. Once they ended their third song, Matt turned to look at Jimmy. He knelt over the drumset and took in a few deep breaths, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. It was an exhausting job and he had done it.

"You okay, Jim?"The guys turned toward him and Jimmy looked up, a large smile pressed against his lips.

"Told you guys I could do it."He smirked.

The guys laughed loudly at his enthusiasm. That was always Jimmy - playing around. Ringing rang throughout the room and all the guys looked around at eachother. Again they began to pat their pants pockets until Jimmy yanked his phone from his pocket. He pressed it to his ear, answering with, "Hello?"

Hey, Jimmy. How are you feeling?

"I'm good."He mouthed Michelle and the guys nodded."How are you?"

Pretty good. I was calling to let you know that on the eighteenth we're having a surprise party for Hillari. She didn't want to do anything, but maybe if you guys come it'll be more fun. And if you're feeling okay.

"I'm feeling great. We actually just got done practicing."Jimmy grinned.

You're going on tour? Hillari was worried about that.

"I know, but I'm going to talk to her. But yeah, I think we can do the eighteenth."Jimmy said happily."Maybe we can play happy birthday."

Michelle chuckled into the phone, but what came next put a toothy grin on Jimmy's face.

Would you guys like to play? Like set up and everything? I'm sure she would love that.

"I'll talk to the guys about it. I'm sure it'll be awesome."Jimmy danced slightly in his seat and within a few minutes said his goodbyes to Michelle."That was Hillari's mom. Eighteenth is her surprise birthday. You guys wanna play?"

A smile met Matt's lips and he quickly intervined.

"That's a good idea. Then maybe she'll see you're okay to play."Matt stated."Maybe she'll join in. You never know."

"Worth a shot."Johnny smirked.

"I think we should fucking do it. What's better than a live band at a party, right?"Brian retorted.

"Then I guess it's settled. We'll play for Hillari."Jimmy grinned."Don't say anything short shit. You're horrible at keeping secrets."

"I promise."Johnny crossed his heart and put on a smile.

"Really. You say something I will kill you."Jimmy warned.

"I'll call her right now."Johnny reached into his pocket, but stopped when one of Jimmy's drum sticks nailed him in the head.

"Don't test me."He said.

"Don't test me."Johnny mocked.

"He's an annoying shit, right?!"Brian asked.

Johnny continued to mimic and taunt both Brian and Jimmy before they got up from their seats.

"I'm warning you."Brian glared.

"Come on fairy hair, show me what you got."Johnny cackled.

"What?!"Matt stepped in, trying his best to hide his oncoming laugh attack.

"Okay, guys."He snickered."Enough. Let's figure out what we're going to play at the party, alright?"

"Yeah."Johnny pouted.

"Fucking a man. I'm swear he's going to show up dead one day because of me."Brian rubbed down his face as Johnny stepped further into the group.

"Hey, Brian, ask me where I was last night."Brian looked over, giving Johnny a warning glare."Go on, ask me."

"Where were you last night?"Zacky chuckled.

"Railing Brian's mom!"Johnny began dry humping his guitar, forcing Brian up and out of his seat.

"You fucking shit!"The others' fell into a fit of laughter as the two disappeared from sight.

"Well, now that those two are gone, what should we play?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you commenters;;
Violent Ecstasy
Maxxie.
um…idk
Aightball
Musicalness99
Phantom!
shelbyvengeance
Lone_Wolf
mistery gurl
Hello Fascination.
Foreveryoung14
XXKillxxJoyXX
shasha24
ForeverPlagued
Im Candy Baby

Thankyou subscribers! :D