Status: InActive

Reject

Chapter 5

I ran up stairs after Mathew left and into my room. I quickly walked over to my dresser and opened each drawer trying to find the right one and I came across a black knee length dress with a pattern of strings where the straps should have been. I slipped it on and my purple and black converse. I also added a small black headband with a small black bow. After that I ran into my bathroom and quickly added my eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. When I finished I looked at myself in the mirror to do one last check.

Catriona’s Outfit

After that I just walked downstairs and back into the living room to wait for Mathew. I pursed my lips to the right and grabbed the remote to turn on the TV and was switching through the channels when one of the channels caught my attention. I saw two guys talking to a reporter an she was asking them questions about what they have been through. My eyes widened and I recognized the two guys from my school, besides one was missing… The leader…

I was listening to them poor out their heart about their comrade being attacked by a huge beast like dog. I saw the expression on the reporters face looking like they were crazy. That’s when I heard the doorbell ring and jumped up still glancing back at the TV as I made my way to the front door. When I opened I saw Mathew smiling down at me which brought a smile to my face. I saw his eyes flash down on what I was wearing and I felt my cheeks warming up as he said, “Well, you look beautiful Cat.”

I blushed, this time it was actually showing against my pale skin and stuttered out, “T-T-Th-Thank y-you.”

“You’re welcome.” He said as he chuckled and added, “Ya ready?”

I thought for a sec just incase I forgot something then remembered the TV was still on and replied, “Yup, just let me go turn off the TV.”

“K.” He said as I walked back into the living room and towards the TV.

I turned it off then skipped back towards the front door where Mathew was waiting and grabbed my cell where it was on the stand next to where I was sitting and stood their smiling up at Mathew and said, “Ready.”

I heard him laugh and I followed him to his car as he opened the passenger door for me and I slid in while saying thank you. When he got in the driver side and turned the key and you could hear the rumbling up the engine. I felt the little vibration it gave off like a kitten purring while petting it. I giggled at the thought and looked out the window at the passing trees as we drove along. I wonder where this party is at, I thought to myself.

As we were driving I just now noticed what Mathew was wearing. He was wearing a blue superman jacket and the DC logo of the shirt between the zipper, black skinny jeans, and a blue beanie. I saw that he was wearing one of those, “i <3 boobies” rubber band bracelets which I was kind of shocked to see him wearing something like that. I noticed the dangling string that was attached to his key’s that were in the ignition which also was said, “i <3 boobies” also. I just had to shake my head to that and turned my focus on the outside as we turned into a parking space in a neighborhood I have never seen.

Mathew’s Outfit

My left eyebrow rose and pursed my lips to the side in confusion and asked, “Umm… Mathew? Where are we?”

He let out a small chuckle as he replied, “Oh it’s my friend Kyle’s party.”

“Ah, okay…” I said and looked at the house seeing lights and movement going in the house and the faint sound of music playing.

I heard Mathew get out of the car and knew he used his inhuman speed to flash to my side and open the car door for me. I smiled as I got out and he closed the door behind me. I inhaled a deep breath of fresh air and exhaled slowly. I hated parties. They made me feel claustrophobic and plus I heard so many stories of guy’s getting drunk and making moves on the girls. I shivered at the thought of what might happen and Mathew must have saw but took it the wrong way as he asked, “Are you cold?”

“Er, no, not really.” I said and let my bangs fall over my eyes as we walked up the short sidewalk to the front door.

His eyebrow rose and asked, “Then why’d you shiver?”

“Because, I don’t like parties.” I said sighing.

He took a sec to reply and all that came out was, “Oh…”

When we got to the door he knocked on the door and a few seconds later the door opened to show this really cute guy. When he saw Mathew he smiled and his eye’s flickered on me and I saw his eyes flicker down then back up and then back to Mathew as he said, “Hey man! You made it! And whose this hot girl right here?”

I blushed without realizing it and Mathew laid his arm across my shoulders and I looked at him oddly as he replied, “Back off Kyle, she’s my best friend.”

“Oh… Okay… Well come in, come in.” He uttered us forward waving his hand back and forth.

We both hurried in out of the cold air and were instantly in the crowd. We walked over to empty couches and the 3 of us sat down. It was silent for a minute or two but Mathew finally spoke up and said me, “Oh, and Kyle’s a werewolf like us.”

I heared and oh my god then Kyle was leaning towards us and said, “She’s also one.”

“Yes, you dip-shit.” Mathew snorted irritated.

Kyle whined and said, “I’m not a dip-shit. Am I a dip-shit?” He said looking at me with questioning eyes.

I laughed, his little pout was cute and I replied, “I don’t know yet, oh by the way, I’m Catriona.”

“Oh it’s nice to meet you Catriona.” He said smiling one of those heart fumbling smiles which didn’t have an affect on me.

Mathew punched Kyle in the shoulder and hissed, “Stop hitting on my best friend.”

I laughed and said, “It’s nice to meet you too Kyle.”

He looked at Mathew and pouted again while rubbing his left shoulder where Mathew had punched him. I couldn’t contain it and busted up laughing; wrapping my arms around my stomach and my head went backwards. I knew I was getting odd stares from the two and some other people near. When I finally calmed myself down I looked at them and said, “It’s kind of cute when you pout, you know that?”

He smirked and said flirtatiously, “Oh really?”

I laughed and said, “Don’t get your hopes up pup.”

Mathew was glaring at Kyle which Kyle was sticking his tongue out at Mathew. I laid my hand on Mathew shoulder and he looked at me with confusion. I put on one of those “are you okay?” looks and he nodded. I still wasn’t fooled. I looked at both of them and noticed they both looked like twins and mentally laughed at the idea.

A random guy came over smiling and I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he bent towards me forcing me to hold my breath and lean backwards a little. He gave me a creepy smile and asked, “Hey wanna dance with me sexy?”

I looked at him in disgust and replied bluntly, “No.”

“Awe, don’t be such a party pooper Sweetie.” He said giving me a “you’re no fun” type of look.

“Does it look like I give a shit?” I said curtly.

He just shrugged and went to grab his hand but a hand grabbed his wrist and bent it back. I followed the arm to Mathew who looked pissed off with a death glare in his eye as he growled out, “Fuck off dude.”

I looked at him wide-eyed and watched as the guy stuck out his chest and said, “You don’t scare me dude. Now leave the bitches to me fag.”

That really hit my nerve, also Mathews. Mathew took his other hand and clenched his fingers into a fist and through it at the guy and as it hit he growled out, “She isn’t some bitch to fuck with. She said no, so fucking leave!”

Kyle was right there before a huge fight could start since a lot of people were gasping at the scene. I never knew Mathew you could be so scary and protective at the same time. The other guy was pushing up against Kyle who look like he felt violated because of his personal space was invaded. The guy was trying to get to Mathew who looked like he wanted to be the shit out of the guy.

I jumped up quickly and stepped in between Kyle and Mathew and looked up at Mathew. He looked down at me and I felt him calm down just a little when I laid my hand on his arm. He put on a confused face because he must have saw worry in my expression and said, “Mathew don’t.”

I heard him sigh but I could hear the guy cursing over at us. Then I heard him say, “Yeah listen to the little whore.”

Anger started to rise in the pit of my stomach and I bit my lip trying to hold in my anger and not make the scene worse. Mathew’s hand was on my arm and I looked at him and he was pissed but also giving me the “don’t start anything” look. He probably did that because he saw my grey eyes darken. I don’t see how because of the lighting. I turned around and looked up at Kyle and gave him an apologetic look. He just smiled and gave me the look that said its okay.

Kyle turned around making sure not to move and looked at the guy and got all stern and said, “Get the fuck out of my house. No one comes in here and insults my best friend’s.”

The guys just spat at Kyle’s feet which I saw anger flash onto his face. Kyle grabbed the front of the guy’s shirt and brought his face up close and growled, “Don’t push it dude. I’m giving you a free pass. Take it or leave.”

The guy looked at him scared and Kyle let him go. As soon as he did the guy was out the door. I let out a sigh and looked at Kyle and Mathew who were just looking at around as they calmed down. I tilted my head and said, “You two okay?”

They both said in unison, “Yup.”

I pulled my cell phone out of the little pocket on my dress and looked at the time. When I looked up I said, “Uh, Mathew?”

He looked down at confused and asked, “Yeah, what is it?”

“Umm… Maybe we should get going. If I don’t get home soon, I will be grounded.”

Mathew pulled out his cell phone and looked at the time. When he looked up he said, “Yeah we should. Seeya later Kyle.”

“Bye Matt, bye Catriona. It was nice meeting you.” Kyle said and smiled.

I smiled back as I replied, “It was nice meeting you too.”

We hugged goodbye and Mathew and I walked out the door. Mathew opened up the door being the gentlemen he is and I smiled and slid right in as he closed the door behind me. He was in the driver seat already and turned the key in the ignition and the car purred to life and we started heading back to my house…
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! ^^
-sigh- Thank you for the 2 subscribers.
I'd really appreciate it if you told me what you were thinking about my story...
=\