Status: Read it on Wattpad and FictionPress: http://www.wattpad.com/1280626-betokening

Betokening

Prologue

The waves outside smashed against the rocky shore, waking her from sleep. A storm was brewing from the western coasts, and had been since the last week. As strikes of lightening seared down towards the mountains, in the distance, thunder rumbled lowly. The flashes illuminated the bedroom, assailing her shivering form.
She curled up under her comforter, trying to block out nature's shouts and protests. Her eyes squeezed shut under the sheets, her fingers clammy under her nervousness. Perhaps if she stopped shivering, she would go back to sleep eventually.
Another strike of lightening incited the rumbling sounds of thunder, getting her worked up again. She perched herself up, staring wide-eyed at the storm outside her window.
"Kalen! Kalen!" she cried out. "The storm!"
Beside her was another girl. She was fast asleep, unperturbed by the thunder and snoring gently. She groaned, muttered something under her breath, then turned the other side and fell asleep again, not happy to hear someone calling out her name in the dead of the night.
She began to cry. Fat drops of tears rolled down her cheeks as she trembled, alone, cold, and sleepless.
Six years of age and she was abandoned by her mother to be put at the House. She at least knew about the House, they told her that much before her mother put her in it. She cried softly, and wishing herself away.
That was the first night she Ce'ed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear All,
Thanks for viewing! Instead of reading the side blurb, here's a two line summary of what the story's about:
Agatha, a scavenger, discovers one of the few lost fragments of the Diadem of Worlds on one of her ventures. Since then, dreams plague her; will she follow her destiny to collect all the fragments in time?
Please Read and Review! I'm desperate to improve what few chapters I have!