Child of the Wolves.

prolouge

I can feel them gaining on me.

The pack are mostly in front of me, with only a few trailing behind. The leaders are around a mile in front and i can faintly hear the thuds of their paws thudding against the cold, forest floor. my Legs ache as i run as fast as i can on two legs. Not nearly as fast as the full members of the pack, but fast enough.
The wind whips my hair into my face, as i let out a snarl, cursing the wind, cursing the enemy, cursing the whole damn situation that i'm in. I continue running with the pack, trying to keep up, trying to avoid death. Weaving in and out of leafless trees.

The moon stands full in the sky, it seems as if it's taunting us with it's peace. I haven't felt peace in a long time. And if i don't succeed tonight, i doubt i ever will again.

I'm focused again. keeping a cycle going. step. breathe. Step. Blink. Step. breathe. Step. Blink. When all of a sudden, something makes it stop, and i freeze. I can sense her. I can feel her.

I turn around when i hear a hiss, and Nenna glares at me. She has stopped also, and is digging her paws into the mud, signaling with her head for me to go on. I slowly shake my head, i know what i have to do. Weather it's wrong or right. Nenna whimpers, begging me to go on. A tear slides down my cheek as, once again, i shake my head.

The enemy are quickly approaching as nenna nods her head once, turns around, and continues running.

I quickly wipe the tear away and turn in the opposite direction, running faster than i ever have before, knowing that this is my fate now. It is all i can do. And as i near the hunters, i hear an almighty roar coming from the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
not much, but i start.