Status: Status subjected to change and probably will. Bare with me.

Did the television make you feel the pills you ate?

When the light hits your eyes

I was out on the waves, sat in a group with ma mates, we had a net hanging off the shark nets that held our beer and spirits, good old Australia day, the day when it’s not acceptable if you don’t drink, and a game of cricket is law. “Gerard! Bet ya can’t get that long ass wave before I can!” Jimmy yelled, “Your on man!”I yelled back taking a sip of my JD, I quickly paddled out with jimmy and took to the wave, now I’m not saying I can surf, I can’t, the only reason I got a surfboard is so I can sit out here on the waves or past the waves where little kids aren’t.

I was lost in thought when a head bobbed in my way, albeit a cute head but one that was about to get totally messed up if I didn’t do something, “Shit!” I yelled, the head heard and looked up.
Oh god please don’t move
I put all my weight on the bottom on the board making it flip up into the air, it was an awesome wipe-out and I didn’t care, I heard jimmy somewhere snickering and anger boiled up. Damn kids why the hell is she out here, “Ya shouldn’t be out this far! Don’t you know you could get hurt!?” I yelled taking my anger to a new level, Damn fucking JD, always made me mad when nothing bad happened. Shouldn’t I be happy, I didn’t total her.
“Um I’m sorry..” The voice said into the water, my anger dissipated, how’d the fuck she get out here and how’d she think she was going to get back? I looked across and saw Jimmy paddling over. The cord to my surfboard in his hand, he passed the long board to me and smirked. “I win!” He said triumphant, and looked at the girl, “Hi-5!”He yelled at her and she just looked uncertain but all the same gave him the weakest hi-5 I’ve ever seen.

“Yo, I’m Jimmy, Yeh can call me Jims, jimmeh, and Jimmy. But I swear I’ll kill you if you call me Jim.”He said pulling the stranger out of the water and onto his board. Giving her a small apologetic smile she looked border line exhausted. “I am.. M..M..Mars,” she said shivering in the breeze slightly,
“Gerard,” I yelled pointing at myself getting on my board, good old jims, he always pulled strangers into the group.
“You drink?” he finally said to Mars after getting to the rest of them, I saw their eyes all wonder over her appreciating her ‘aspects’. She was still shivering and slipped off the board and into the water where it was warmer, it was lucky we where over a sandbar.
I slipped off my board using it as a table, opening yet another JD and Mars declined the drink. “So where the hell did you get a name like Mars?”Jimmy answered,
She just looked thoughtful and I worried she would burst into tears, “same place you got the name Jimmy, Jim.”She said in a huff and smiled. We all laughed and the brighter shade of red that Jimmy went.

She may just fit in.
I looked up and saw Mike had gotten his radio up. It was a shoddy little waterproof thing, never worked to well, never got any signal thanks to Mount Coolum, he was still fidgeting with dials and what-not, Mars was silent as the guys around her talked I couldn’t remember the last time someone had been pulled into our group and ignored, as if she was a part of it.
I moved closer to the chick. “Sooo...” I said waiting for her to look at me which she did in the end. “Have you never heard of something called swimmers; Or Bathers, something commonly worn whilst going to the beach to swim, or the pool?”I asked, she managed to smile a little.
“I wasn’t expecting to come swimming,’ she replied simple,
“So you weren’t coming swimming yet you did and ended up this far out?”I said making it known i was prying but still giving my best that confuses me look.
‘Uhuh.” She said.
“Master evader,” I said and she smiled.
“loads of practise, Hay give me that thing” her attention turning to Mikes, She fiddled at it and grabbed an empty can shoving some part of it somewhere, and sure enough CFM jutted to life, the guys gave a small cheer and there were hi fives all round.

[i[ she is really cute.

I looked at her, “How’d you know to do that?” she just shrugged hugging herself and shying away from the other looking back to shore. I

to hell with this

“guys imma gunna head back ta shore, anyone else coming?” I said and looked at Mars holding her gaze, “ah yeah, if you don’t mind Gerard.” She said softly shivering again. The guys looked disappointed. “Well see ya round baby...” Jimmy said in a fluent drunk yet considerate voice. Mars just smiled and looked at me. “Kay you need to sit on the end of the board near my feet, haha don’t worry about the waves,” I chuckled as she gave me a weird look.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: just tonight the pretty reckless