Status: Complete

Sarah Smiles

The bruises and contusions will remind me what you did when you wake.

Gabe was so blasé about the situation. The situation being that he had woken up and found a passed out naked Sarah on his bedroom floor. Sarah on the other hand upon realising her current state had become quite unsettled and flustered. Waking up to Gabe’s completely nude body hovering over her was something she was not expecting.

Her hand rose to her forehead, massaging the skin in attempt to get rid of the retching headache that she had awoken too. “Gabe, what the hell happened last night?”

He let out a small chuckle. “I can’t really remember, but by the looks of my bedroom we had a lot of fun.” He pulled a pair of boxers off the floor, not caring whether they were clean or dirty and stepped into them. “Feeling nippy are we?” A smirk grew on his face when he had noticed Sarah’s erect bumps on her breasts. She playfully rolled her eyes as he tossed hr a t-shirt from his drawer.

She pulled the top over her head. “So we…”

He gave a quick shrug. “Probably.”

Gabe’s incredibly carefree attitude to the whole ordeal had somewhat calmed Sarah down. Obviously the encounter they may have had didn’t really cause concern to Gabe, which meant everything wasn’t so awkward.

“So what do you remember of last night then?” He asked.

“Everything up until we started drinking.”

Gabe bit his lip, contemplating on whether to bring it up. “So, you remember Brendon being a jerk?”

She felt her stomach dropped as she reminisced on all the nasty words Brendon has spoken to her. A frown formed on her face. “Unfortunately.”

Gabe knelt down to her level, pulling her into an embrace. “Look, don’t let him bring you down. He’s an ass.” He pulled away from her. Holding out his finger and thumb, leaving a small gap between them. “I was this close to beating the shit out of him for talking to you like.”

“And why didn’t you?”

“Because, quite frankly I would have rather have the satisfaction of making you happy than beating his face in.” Her lips finally curved into a smile. “Just like that.”

***

Brendon really couldn’t justify his behaviour, because apparently “I was drunk” was not a good enough excuse. Of course he felt terrible for ruining her birthday, and he was quite surprised Gabe left him without a mark on his body; in fact he was surprised none of them attack him. If anyone else had every spoken to Sarah like that, Brendon would make sure they would never be able to speak again. But instead of violence, no one was talking to him, he would much rather have a busted up face than have everyone hate him. But in his stubborn rage, Brendon still refused to say sorry. It didn’t matter to him if he did apologise, because either way she wasn’t talking to him.

He felt a tug on his arm, looking up he met his girlfriend’s bright blue eyes. Longing for him, lust. Brendon let out a sigh ripping his arm from her grip.

“I’m really not in the mood.”

Her bottom lip pouted and her lips curved into a frown. “Oh please… I’m so horny babe.”

At first her random need for sexual pleasure had been almost a godly gift, his girlfriend practically begging for sex. But it had suddenly become a bane and to be honest, Brendon was getting really bored with fucking her. It had become more of a chore to shut her up rather than something fun.

“Too much sex can’t be good for the baby.” He turned away from her. “Now please, just leave me alone.”

He felt something slither along his thigh, curving to his crotch and giving it a tight squeeze. He seized her hand and threw it back at her.

“Just give up. I told you I’m not in the mood.” He pushed himself off the sofa he was sat on, in attempt to get away from the girl; he headed off to the bathroom. He locked the door trapping himself in the room and hiding away from everything outside the four walls.

He stood in front of his reflection in the mirror, rubbing his hand along his stubble. He jumped when something moved across the mirror. A spider. Brendon promptly grabbed some toilet paper and used it when he pressed against the spider. He pulled the paper towel from the mirror and took a look at the squashed carcass of the once alive spider.

He pressed the lever of the compact dustbin with his foot and the lid flung open. As his tossed the soiled tissue in the bin, a box with the word “pregnancy test” sprawled across it caught his eye. He quickly got down on his knees and pushed the cover open with a hand. With the other Brendon rummaged through the mess, his hand shooting out when he had grabbed the object that had distracted him. As he pulled it out, a rattling sound came from the box. Brendon ripped through the cardboard to reveal a used pregnancy test. Only one pink line was visible, and one pink line meant not pregnant.

Brendon didn’t find only one negative pregnancy, but as he ventured through the small bin, he found another three, hidden more discreetly in toilet paper. His hand shook as he held the test, the single pink line haunting him.
The realisation had dawned on him, maybe he was jumping to conclutions but he had a right to doubt her.

Sarah!

Ever since we met,
I've got just one regret to live through,
And that one regret is you,
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness of this :) But here ya go. I all made you hate Brendon in the last chapter, but don't worry you'll love him again ;)

Thank you for all the comments and subscription! <3 x