Status: Complete

Sarah Smiles

Would you kiss me or just leave me?

Her blue eyes were swollen; she dare not look at him. Her gaze rested on the little white stick that was shaking in his grip. His knuckles had turned a bright white, while the rest of his hand was a glowing red.

Her plan, every plan she had conjured up in her head had vanished. Her mind was blank, she was not expecting this. She felt a tear fall from her eye and he watched and it splashed onto the tiled floor. She should have been more careful.

“Are you going to explain to me then?” His voice was stern and although he was not yelling at her, she could feel the anger. She could feel him controlling his emotions so that he wouldn’t snap.

When she didn’t reply, his hand acted with impulse and threw the test at her. She let out a yelp and dodged it in time so that he crashed with the wall behind her. She looked at him wide eyed.

“Why? Why would you put me through this, why would you lie like that?” His voice was horse, and when the tear rolled down his cheek she instantly shot her gaze away from him, not being able to look at what she had done to him. A sob escaped her lips when she realised how much she truly had fucked up. “Please, fucking answer me!”

She jumped and hiccupped before she managed to croak out. “Because of her.”

“Her?”

“Sarah, your ‘best friend’. The one you’re in love with.” Her once soft voice had shifted into a bitter one. “Don’t, don’t deny it. I see it, everyone sees it. You love her, and I wish, I wish you would love me like you love her.” Now she was crying hysterically.

Brendon couldn’t help but not feel sorry for her. Her surplus sobbing only made him angrier. “You. Because of you, I’m not with her. I refused real love for you, because I really did like you, you’re an incredible person. I was willing to make everything work, because I care about you.”

He knew he had to mention it, before he ended everything. He had to tell her what he had done. “Since the truth is coming out, I need to tell you something.” There was a silent pause; she carried on silently sobbing into her hands. “I cheated on you with her, while you went to visit your parents.”

She didn’t flinch, her face still snug in the palm of her hands. She let out a shaking breath. “That doesn’t surprise me.” It really didn’t, and with the weight of emotion she was feeling, him telling her what she expected didn’t affect her. It upset her to know he had done what he had done, but she couldn’t feel any worse than she did now. She had already hit rock bottom.

Whether it was because of Sarah’s lies or Brendon’s infidelity, there was no doubt that their relationship was about to end.

___________________________________________________________________

Brendon ran, oblivious to the blurred world around him just focused on getting to her house. People he passed watched in pity and curiosity, wondering about the story behind the stumbling man, who had tears streaming down his face, who was gasping for air, who wouldn’t give up.

His throat felt like it was going to crack, and he was panting in attempt to get some oxygen into his tight airway. There was a searing pain in his stomach, but he ignored it. He needed to get to her, before it was too late.

He didn’t know how long he had been running for, but he was close.

Once he had finally got to the building, he was faced by another obstacle. Stairs, and lots of them. Legs tumbled over one another, physically not able to move anymore. When he saw the bright red door of her apartment his thighs finally gave out and his body went tumbling to the floor. Arms dragged his body towards the door, and his fist flew at the wood.

“Sarah, please!” His voice rasped. “Please I need to talk to you!” He was greeted by silence
With the last of his energy he let out an ear piercing growl, so harsh he swore he could feel his gullet begin to bleed.

He lent up against the door, sobbing. “Sorry, I’m so sorry for everything.” He almost gave up, until he heard an echo of her laugh coming from beneath him. His eyes lit up, and all sobbing ceased. His ears perked up when he heard the laughter again, this time louder. It was getting closer.

All the pain in him had diminished, and was replaced with his heart wildly thrashing against his chest. Eyes were stuck on the stairs, waiting for the expected arrival of Sarah. He was telling himself that it was a figment of his imagination, and to not get too excited.

The stomping of footsteps could be heard. More than one pair of feet. She was with someone else, and that made it all the more nerve wracking. The rapid footsteps were getting closer and closer, and with every amplified tap, his heart began to pump even faster. He couldn’t face her, and tore his brown orbs from the stairs and to the floor.

When the sound of tapping shoes had ended, he knew she was standing before him.

“Oh my god.” His body tensed at the sound of soft her voice. “Brendon?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, you can attack me for taking so long to update...and leaving you at a cliffy. I am so sorry! I have had the biggest writers block ever.

Thank you so much for all the support you're showing for this story, you guys are awesome, next update will be very soon xx