‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Fall Tour

The intro music blasted loudly over the stage as Jack ran out. I gripped my guitar’s neck tighter, feeling energy coursing through my veins. I was stoked. It was only the third night on the Compromising tour, and we were in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Tonight we’re playing at the Crocodile Rock Café. I was excited to actually head line. So Wrong, It’s Right has had more success than I personally hoped for, and this is only the icing on the cake.
I looked to the right of me, to see Alyson standing there with a camera in one hand, and Lexi wrapped in the other. I smiled at my girls before I gave them each a kiss on the forehead. I beamed at them, and their smiling faces beamed back at me. I was happy. I was freaking ecstatic that they both were able to come out to this tour, seeing as they couldn’t exactly make it to Vans.
“Go play!” Lexi instructed me.
I laughed and shook my head at my six-year old daughter. She’s seriously grown up like a weed within the past two and a half years, nearly three.
“I’m going,” I rolled my eyes lightly before placing my lips to Alyson’s for a brief moment. “I love you,”
“I love you,” She replied before I was taken off on the stage with my band mates. Swinging my guitar into its proper place, we jumped right off into Break Out, Break Out . After the song, Jack made some stupid excuse about how it was written about his Herpes. I shook my head, and I knew Alyson would give him an ear-full later. She didn’t like when Lexi repeated some of the words that her favorite uncle just loved to say.
After a few more songs, my shirt was starting to cling to my body. I stared out at our crowd, one of the biggest we’ve had. It scared me the slightest bit, knowing that some many people expected so much from us, from me. It wasn’t the easiest thing I’ve ever experienced. But then again, I was a teenage dad. How much harder can life get than that? If I could handle a smart-mouth six-year old running around along with the rest of the band, the crew, and Alyson…I can handle these shows. At least, that’s what I told myself.
I looked over at the side stage, seeing Alyson snap pictures left and right, brought the biggest smile to my face. She had managed to get a job with Glamour Kills, a new clothing line, taking the pictures, and she was often on break with us. Sometime within the past three odd years, Alyson had became our official band photographer. So here she was, at every single show, taking our pictures to be updated on our website later. She even did it all with Lexi standing right beside of her.
Alyson James is my inspiration.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! I hope you guys love it! :)

♥ Rae