‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Realization

I honestly didn’t think that hanging out with John would hurt Alex that much. He’s so confusing, but I didn’t think that he would mind. John is his friend. I don’t really get why he was mad, but I guess I understand better now. Alex felt like we were drifting apart. In a sense, we were. We barely had time together, but when we did, we usually just sat around or slept. I guess the promise ring thing didn’t help either, but he is the one who told me not to wear it. Alex may not look like it, but he’s so insecure, and I guess I’m his weak spot. We’ve been through so much the past six years. You would think that he wouldn’t have these issues still, but he does.
I raked my fingers of his stomach in circles for what seemed like hours. I don’t care how long we’ve been in his bunk. We just needed alone time. Just us. We needed to talk about everything, because obviously Alex has been feeling this way quite some time now. I didn’t want him to think that I was choosing John over him, because I definitely am not. John’s just a friend who I happen to have a lot in common with. He’s like a brother to me. Besides, John isn’t so smooth with girl’s and I’ve been trying to give him tips. He has this girl friend, just a friend, back in Arizona that he’s head over heels for. So, John and I in a relationship would end so up so awkward and bad that it isn’t even funny. Us being together would only happen if we were the last two people on earth. That’s how we saw it anyway.
“Lex?”
“Yeah?”
“You called me Aly again,”
He slightly chuckled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.
“Yes…”
“I wish that you did it more often. I miss when you used to call me Aly every day.”
“You miss it?” He questioned. “I didn’t know that you did.”
“Well, I do. You’re the only one who ever calls me that. I just…I miss the name, ya know.”
“I know that you do,” he smiled. “Okay, Aly. I’ll start calling you it more than I have in the past few years.”
“That’s all I ask,” I laughed. “You do realize that you have to get up soon, right? You’ve got a show to put on,”
“I know,” He huffed. “I really don’t want to though,”
“I’ve got the night off, so I’ll probably just catch up on work while you guys play,”
“You won’t be watching?” He pouted.
“I have to work too, babe. You know that,”
“Doesn’t mean that I want you too,” He pouted. “We have a hotel tonight,”
“I know. I’m really excited for a real bed for a day or two.” I stated. Seconds after, a huge yawn ripped it’s way through my body. “I’m so tired.”
“I guess you are,” He sighed. “I’ve gotta get up. I’m going to go get Lexi, and I’ll bring her back to you, okay?”
I nodded in agreement before Alex slowly untangled himself from my body, and crawled over me to get out of the bunk. He slipped out, and I soon heard the bus door shut. I was alone and tired, so I grabbed his blanket and snuggled as far in it as I could possibly get.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aweeee....Aly didn't know it hurt Alex. But nowww she does!

Comment please :)

xoxo Rae Wakefield