‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Man Talk

“Yo, Alex!”
I turned around instantly from the direction I was walking in only to come face to face with John.
“Oh, hi,”
“Listen, man, I’m really sorry about what went down earlier. I honestly didn’t know that me hanging out with Alyson was getting to you that much,”
I thought for a minute before answering.
“It really wasn’t you as much as it was her?”
“Huh? I’m a little lost? Alyson didn’t do anything, and neither did I.”
“I know that…now,” I mumbled. “Look, John. There are a lot of things that you don’t know about mine and Alyson’s relationship. One of those things happen to be where we went through a faze right before we got together, together, and she was wild. She slept with a lot of guys who she claimed were ‘just friends’. I don’t know why, but I just…I felt really uneasy around you?”
“Why? I-I’m way to shy around girls in the first place, and the second, I wouldn’t do that to you,”
“I know that, but the fact that you were opening up to Alyson scared me a little bit,” I admitted. “It’s just….our relationship has always been fucked up, but…we’re really trying to fix it. I’m sorry I snapped earlier. It’s just that…every single time I turned around my Alyson was with you. She’s spent more time with you than she has me, and it just…broke me down eventually.”
John shrugged.
“It’s alright, man. I get it. Are we cool?”
“We’re cool,” I nodded in agreement. “Now I have to pick up my Lexi. Aly’s got the day off and she wanted her baby girl,” I laughed lightly before nodding at John. I continued my way down to The Maine’s dressing room. Kennedy opened the door, allowing me to slip in. Lexi was trying to braid Pat’s hair, as usual. That all changed when she spotted me.
“Daddy!” She squealed before letting go of Pat’s hair, and running toward me. I scooped her up. “Watcha doin?”
“Momma’s got the day off and she wanted to spend some time with you,”
“Yay!” Lexi cooed. “What about you, daddy?”
“Daddy’s got a show to play tonight, Princess. But we’ll all cuddle and watch movies after the show, okay?”
“You promise?”
“Yeah, Lexi…I pinky promise,”
Her eyes grew wide.
“You can’t break it, dad. Or I’ll hurt you,”
I rolled my eyes at her.
“You’re just like your mom.”
“Good,” She chirped. “Momma’s pretty,”
“She’s very gorgeous. Tell her I said that too.” I winked playfully. “Sorry, Pat. I’ve gotta take my little girl away from you,”
He pouted.
“B-but…we were braiding hair!”
“You’ll get over it, Patty Cakes!” Lexi grinned at him before trying to wiggle out of my arms. She ran over to Pat and wrapped her skinny arms around his neck. Lexi kissed his cheek sweetly before she ran back over to me, and grabbed my hand. I swear, she’s the cutest little girl in the entire world. I walked ahead of her a little bit, seeing as her legs can only carry her so far. I punched in the bus code, and Lexi hopped on the steps with a little bit of help from me before she was running back to my bunk. She found Aly in no time, and climbed in with her. I walked over to them and bent down to their eyelevel.
“Miss me?”
Alyson rolled her eyes.
“Surprisingly yes, I did,” She admitted with a small blush. “But it’s better now. I’ve got my Lexi and my Lex.”
“That’s right…but Lex is on loan,” I pouted, referring to myself. “Sadly, I must go now if I want to make the set time,”
“Okay. I love you, Alex.” She said. I smiled and pressed a kiss to both of their foreheads.
“I love you too, Aly. And I love you, Princess,” I replied.
That talk with Aly has already made me feel better.
♠ ♠ ♠
John and Alex cleared the air...most of the way.

Thougths?

♥ RW