‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Better

“Why are you still up?” I asked Lexi as I swooped her up in my arms.
“Well mommy fell asleep half-way through The Little Mermaid,” Lexi shrugged. “So I let her sleep,”
“That’s good. Mommy was up late last night,” I commented before I kissed her forehead. “Do you think I should take mommy back to her bunk? I think I should,”
“Yeah!” She agreed. “Now sit me down.” She said as her legs started to move. I quickly sat the little girl down in front of me. I bent down toward the couch, and easily lifted Alyson. I tucked her into our shared bunk before I went to go back to Lexi.
“What did you guys do while I worked?” I questioned.
“Mommy taught me how to fish tale my hair!” She stated, holding up her braid. “I did hers,”
“Hmmm,” I hummed. “What else?”
“We watched Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, and she went to sleep during The Little Mermaid,” She replied with a giggle. “She said she would teach me to hold the camera soon!”
I laughed.
“That’s great, Lexi,” I stated. “You didn’t tell her about us did you?”
“NO!” She bellowed, and then started laughing.
I shook my head at the little girl. I had been secretly teaching her how to play the guitar for about a month now. I figured that she’s going to be around music her whole life, I might as well get her used to it now. If she were to learn this young, I can barely imagine how much better she’ll be than me. The little girl picks up on everything extremely quick. That’s both a blessing and also a curse. She’s smart, but sometimes she’s just way too smart for me. No six-year old should come back with some of the remarks that she has. I would say that I blame it all on Jack, but I know that I’m just as weird as he is.
“Good girl,” I laughed. “When do you wanna play again?”
“Rightttt now!” She stated loudly.
“No, Lexi…” I sighed, trailing off. “A show just ended, my fingers hurt, and your mom is asleep.
“I don’t think she’ll care….”
“Oh she will care,” I huffed. “Alexandra, please don’t argue with me, okay? If I say no, it means no, Princess,”
“Okay,” She crossed her arms over her chest. “But you owe me,”
I shook my head.
“I owe you nuttin, little girl,” I stated playfully.
“Uh huh! Wanna go?” Lexi asked, shaking her little head at me.
I laughed at my daughter.
“You’ve got a lot of spirit, kid.”
“That’s what they all say,” She wrinkled her nose.
“Really? Who are they?”
“Everyone! They love me,”
I nodded in agreement, and lowered myself to her level.
“You bet your bottom that they do. They love every single part of you,”
Lexi grinned.
“I missed you today, daddy.”
“I missed you too,” I smiled sadly. She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck in a bear hug. I took a deep breath, hugging her back. “I wish we didn’t have to spend so much time apart,”
“Me too,” She agreed. “At least we can watch Disney movies right?”
“Right, Princess.”



“What are you doing?” I laughed, walking into the bus before another show. Alyson was sticking half-way out of our bunk. From her boobs up, her head was sticking in Jack’s bunk, and from her waist down was still in our bunk.
“I’m looking for something!” She yelled. The sound was muffled, but I understood pretty much what she was saying. “AH HA! Hey….Lex, could you help me?”
“Sure,” I answered. I walked to her, and helped her slowly slid out of both bunks and onto the floor.
“Thanks, doll,” She smiled and placed a kiss on my cheek.
“What were you looking for?”
“Something for Mandy….” Alyson trailed off before smiling at me.
“You’re such a little kid,”
“And you aren’t?”
I shrugged, accepting that she got me there.
“So what exactly is for Mandy?”
“I can’t tell you that,”
“Why not?”
“Cause it’s a secret…duh.” She rolled her eyes.
I laughed, and shook my head at her.
“Okay,”
“Come on, let’s go hang out before you’ve got to get on stage, Mister,” Alyson stated. She laced our hands together, and we walked from the bus.
Since our talk about making things between us better, things have been better. Alyson and I are actually trying to get somewhere in our relationship. I’m not saying that we’ve been stuck in the same stage of our relationship or anything, but we’ve definitely been here a while. I need to make time for her, and she has to make time for me. We’ve got to work at what we have, which I didn’t realize was hanging by a thread until John. I shouldn’t blame him at all. He didn’t do anything wrong, but I still feel slightly weird around him. I think it just has to deal with the fact that he’s great friends with my girlfriend. It still makes me a little insecure, I’m not going to lie. But it is getting better, a whole lot better. Hopefully I don’t screw it up like I do everything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter. Please comment.

♥ RW