‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Patty Cake

“That was a great show, babe.” Alyson stated as soon as I was off of the stage for the second time. We got called back to do an encore, which was probably the best part of the entire set.
“Thanks,” I smiled and swooped down to place my lips against hers softly. “Did you get some good shots?”
Alyson rolled her eyes.
“It’s like you have no faith in me, Alexander,”
“Oh but I do,” I smiled brightly at her before Jack came bouncing over with Lexi in his arms.
“Mini- Gaskarth wanted to see daddy.” Jack explained with a playful roll of his eyes.
I laughed and easily took Lexi from his arms.
“Dear Lord…I’m getting too old to hold her,” I exclaimed.
“Daddy!” Lexi complained. “That’s was mean.”
“Daddy’s always mean, Lexi.” Alyson joked and gave our daughter a cheesy smile.
“Daddy’s the best person in the entire world!” She exclaimed.
Alyson smirked.
“He definitely thinks he is,”
“Hey!” I laughed. “I may come off as a asshole…”
“Alex…” Alyson warned.
I rolled my eyes.
“Lexi is smart enough to not repeat the words that come out of my mouth. Right, Alexandria?”
“Right.” She nodded, showing off her missing front tooth. Lexi hugged me neck tighter, and I placed a small kiss on her head. “I’m sooo tired.” She whined.
“Well go on back to the bus with….um…Matt?” I asked.
“Matt’s setting up your meet and greet stuff. I have to be there to take pictures.” Alyson sighed heavily.
“I’ll find someone.” I stated, moving away from her and her verbal protest. I went right to The Maine’s dressing room, and I knocked on the door loudly. Tim, their tour manager, was the one to open the door.
“Lexi’s here!” He called into the room.
I chuckled, hearing shuffling of feet to get to the door. Lexi giggled at the sound of Tim scolding them.
“Hey, can you guys watch Lexi while we do our meet and greet? Alyson’s got to take our picture for the website and press shit like that.”
“Yay! Hey Lexi!” The Maine’s excited drummer Pat stated as he bounced toward us. “Wanna go play?”
“Patty Cake!” She giggled, referring to not only Pat, but the childish game she seriously loved to play. “Let’s roll!”
I laughed and handed her over to Pat. He smiled and waved at me.
“Bye, Lexi.”
“Bye, Daddy!” She called. “Do a good job!” She stated, giving me the thumbs up. I have her a thumbs up in return before I was heading back to where Alyson was standing.
“Who did you get to watch her?” She asked, placing a hand on her hip.
“Pat.” I replied with a smile, knowing my girlfriend adored The Maine’s drummer. “She just adores him too.”
Alyson rolled her eyes, and smiled at me.
“You were seriously amazing out there, Lex.”
“Thanks, baby.” I replied. I went for a hug, but she backed away and scrunched her nose. Alyson shook her head, causing me to laugh at her.
“You’re definitely not hugging me until you take a shower, Mr. Stinky.”
“Same old Aly,” I chuckled.
She pretended to scowl, but I saw the smile that was forming on her face when she heard her nick-name I rarely called her in public anymore.
“Same old, Alex.”
I smirked.
“Then I hope we never change.”
“Of course you would. You love acting five every night on stage.” She joked back. “Seriously, go shower. You fucking reek.”
I laughed one more time and pressed my lips to hers, a lot more powerful than I probably should have in public, but she accepted the kiss graciously.
“What happened to no touching until I was clean?”
“You clearly cheated. Go change, please? I’ll be waiting with Vinnie.”
“Okay.” I smiled before turning the other way and walking toward the dressing room.
“Where’s Lexi?” Zack asked me quickly.
“She’s with Pat,” I laughed.
“Ahhh man,” Rian pouted.
“I swear, you guys are more attached to my daughter than I am.” I shook my head. “Where’s Jack?”
“He’s in the shower. The dick head actually got here before any of us.” Rian shook his head, typing on his keypad of the phone that was glued to his hand.
“That’s Jack for you,” Zack commented, going over to his weights and started to lift them.
I laughed.
Yeah, my life hasn’t really changed that much since I graduated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe...this is just getting started.

Most is pre-written.

Andddd I'm busy. I'm getting married in like 36 days....something like that.

Stoked! Comment.

♥ Rae