‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Jackie's Girl Problems

Alex impressed me. He impresses me every single day. Ever since prom our Senior year, our entire relationship has change. We were both faithful. We both didn’t hide our love. We both actually tried to make everything work, even if he started to be on the road a lot. Then my photography started to really take off. I got a job with Marky for Glamour Kills not too long after the guys met him. He saw my poorly taken concert photos, but apparently he loved them. I’ve been a photographer for him ever since. Alex, Lexi and I were a family. Sure, we were a family before, but not it just was more…real. We lived in the same house all together, and we actually got along. Alex and I tried, and that made the biggest difference from our earlier relationship.
Now that Lexi’s finally older, she’s able to come out on tour. When Lexi’s able to come out on tour, I get to take concert pictures for the boys. This is the second tour we’ve been on with them, and I seriously love it. Lexi does too. She’s adapted well with the boys who she’s ever met. She obviously adores The Maine, as well as Mayday Parade and Every Avenue. It’s cute that she can run away, much like Alex, and just have everyone attention. She’s a Gaskarth in and out, but there’s definitely something I’ve noticed in her personality as well.
Much like myself, Lexi barely sleeps. The kid never gets tired like she used to when she was three. It started right before she turned four. She would lay awake with me in mine and Alex’s bed when Alex was on tour. She would stay wide awake, surprising me. I was just like that when I was her age. I’ve also noticed that she doesn’t speak as much as Alex does. She only speaks when she’s spoken to. I can just see the little gears turning in her head before every response, she’s thinking. Lexi is the perfect mixture of Alex and myself. She got the best of the both of us, and she thought us a lot of lessons, even if she didn’t realize it.
“Hey, Al!”
I spun around, looking right at Jack.
“Sup, Jackie?” I laughed, hugging my best male friend.
“Waiting on the guys, and looking for you,” He replied with a laugh. “Where have you been?”
“Just been kind of wondering around like a lost puppy.”
“It’s a good thing you have a press pass,” He winked playfully.
I rolled my eyes.
“I might get kicked out for looking like a fan girl,”
“Right, you totally look sixteen,”

I pouted.
“That was rude,”
“But it was true,” He smirked, messing up my hair. “Let’s got to the merch booth, shall we?”
“Okay.” I nodded in agreement, following Jack from the halls of backstage. “Just don’t get attacked by fans.”
“They love me,” Jack said with a dramatic voice. “I think that Mandy’s here?”
“Is she really?” I asked, looking excited.
Jack smiled and nodded.
“Yeah, she said that she thought she was going to make it, but I haven’t heard anything from her since this morning.”
I nodded and chewed my lip.
“Well, that’s good. It’s her last year at Cedar Crest right?” I asked him.
Jack looked really sad, and he nodded.
“I miss the fuck out of her.”
“I know you do, bud.” I patted his back lightly.
“I hate that she moved on,”
“She couldn’t wait on you for forever, Jackie. That’s not right to her.”
“I know that it isn’t,” He nodded in agreement. “I just thought that maybe…we could have actually started dating once tour started to really slow down,”
“All Time Low has done nothing but sped up,” I added.
Jack huffed.
“Fucking a…I know. It’s been a bitch,”
“But you love it too much,” I nudged him. We were almost out to the meet and greet area.
“I do…but I miss Mandy.”
“I’m sure she misses you too, Jack.”
“She doesn’t, not how we used to be,”
“I’m sure that she does…”
“She has a boyfriend, Al. We both know that,” I nodded. For once I didn’t have a response to Jack’s statement. He was right, and it killed me. It killed me that they didn’t work out like I prayed that they would. “Come on, my fans miss me,”
I smiled and held up my camera.
“Point the way,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!!! :)

Feel free to comment.

♥ Rae