‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Whoever She Is...

“No, I don’t think that will work here,” I admitted, pointing out the wrong lyrics to John. We were sitting in the venue with two guitars, a hobby I’ve picked up of the last few years. “It needs to be something different.”
“How about… And his is the part where you find out who you are and these are the friends, those who’ve been there from the start. I think…I think it sounds better?” John asked, looking at me with pleading eyes.
I nodded in agreement.
“That does work better there.”
“Thanks,” John laughed. “So that whole verse would go And this is the part where you find out who you are, and these are the friends, those who’ve been there from the start. So to hell with the bad news, dirt on your new shoes…..uh..”
It rained all of May til the month of June,” I finished for him.
John laughed and held up his hand for a high-five.
“That sounds great, Alyson!” He laughed. “I love it.”
“I thought so to,” I joked playfully.
“So…”
“So?” I laughed. “What’s on your mind, John Ohh?”
“Um…well…it’s more about Alex,”
“Okay…” I trailed off carefully. “What about him.”
“Why do I get this…vibe from him? It’s like he hates me or something.”
“Clearly he doesn’t hate you…” I trailed off. “You wouldn’t be on this tour right now.”
“No, Alyson…he didn’t act like this until this tour,”
“Oh…okay…” I replied.
Truth to be told, I don’t know what’s going on in Alex’s brain. I’m trying this thing about trusting whatever he says, but it’s hard. It’s hard to take what he says seriously when he is so obviously lying to me. I don’t get his uneasiness around John, and I really don’t understand where the lying is coming from. Just two months ago we were fine. Hell, even last month wasn’t so bad, but this tour…it’s got us both on edge. We’re both working constantly and Lexi is left with either The Maine boys, Mayday Parade, or Matt. It’s hard to be together twenty-four seven, but he’s not making sense with this…whatever you want to call it.
“Never mind…how about we run through the song again, yeah?”
I nodded.
“Yeah,” I agreed before starting to play along with John as he sang and I did some back up.

I thought I had my girl, but she ran away.
My car got stolen and I’m gonna be late
For work this week, make that the fourth day straight
But I’m fine with it. (You don’t have to worry)
I thought I had it all, but I gave it away
I quit that old job now I’m doing okay
Those material things, they can’t get in my way
Cause I’m over it

But wherever she may be
She could be money, cars, fear of the dark
Your best friends or the strangers in bars
Whoever she is, whoever she may be
One thing’s for sure, you don’t have to worry

And this is the part where you find out who you are,
And these are your friends,
Those who’ve been there from the start
So to hell with the bad news,
Dirt on your new shoes,
It rained all of May til the month of June…

Clapping interrupted our little jam session. John and I turned toward the noise and saw Alex coming forward.
“That was good,”
“Thanks,” John blushed.
Alex all but ignore his response. I knew that John was a little shy around others that hear his music when it isn’t exactly done. I don’t blame him for being embarrassed.
“I didn’t know that you two were planning on writing songs together,” He stated as he casually sat down beside of me. I furrowed my brows.
“We didn’t really. John just got a little stuck, and he needed some help,”
“Why couldn’t his band help?” Alex retorted.
“Alex!” I hissed.
John shook his head.
“No, it’s okay. The band is currently going through sound check. I already did my microphone sound check, and this song has been driving me crazy. Alyson offered to help, so I allowed her. Then we just sort of finished the song,”
“Hmm…well it’s good.” Alex admitted. “Will it be acoustic?”
“I hope so,” John replied bashfully.
“Piano would sound good right there. Alyson plays the piano too, ya know.”
“You do? I do to.”
“That’s awesome,” I smiled at John. “We’ll finish it later, okay?”
“Okay. I’ve gotta go. Bye guys,”
“Bye,” Alex called, wrapping his arms protectively around me. The second John was gone, I elbowed him so that he would let me go. “What was that for?”He asked rubbing his chest.
“You know damn well what that was for.”
“I was just trying to help,” He smirked.
“No you weren’t. You were being the typical ass you were in high school. What’s going on, Lex?”
“Nothing is going on Alyson. I’m just…helping out a tour mate.”
I shook my head.
“Somehow, I really don’t believe you,” I stated before walking off.
“Hey, wait…I seriously was. A piano would be beast in the song.” Alex stated, rushing up to me. “Please slow down?”
“You could’ve been nicer about it,”
“I know, I’m sorry,” He apologized. “It won’ t happen again…okay?”
“Okay,” I nodded in agreement before I kissed his lips softly. “I’m going to go take some pictures of the venue and The Maine’s set.”
Alex didn’t say anything else, he just nodded his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love John and Alyson's song writing! He's so cute!

I also love Alex's jealously. :)

Tell me what you think....

xoxo Rae Wakefield