‹ Prequel: Secret Valentine

August Is Over

Date?

Jack danced around the room while I snapped pictures of the guys before the show. He was the one actually doing something. Rian was on the phone with Liz, his long-time girlfriend, Zack was working out, and Alex was nowhere to be seen. I didn’t know where he was, but I just prayed that he was with Lexi or something. I shook off my thoughts and kept taking pictures of the guys.
“Alright, I think I have enough,”
“Noooo!” Jack whined. “Lex isn’t here!”
“Well he should’ve gotten here on time,” I shrugged my shoulders.
Jack’s bottom lip jutted out for a minute.
“Party pooper,”
I raised my eyebrows at him.
“What are you, five?”
“Someone’s pissed off…” A voice behind us trailed off. That voice, of course, could only belong to Alex.
“Nice of you to grace us with your presence, Alexander,”
“I thought so to,” He smirked before wrapping his arms around me in a hug. “I was just getting a baby sitter for our little girl.”
“I figured that much,” I sighed and wrapped my arms around my boyfriend. “Thank you,”
“No problem, baby.” He replied, kissing my forehead.
“Who did you get to watch her?” I questioned, looking up at him.
“I got Pat to. She seems the most comfortable with him, besides us.”
“Pat’s good,” I nodded before letting go of him. “I was taking pictures,”
“Yeah, Lex! You missed taking pictures!” Jack shouted. “I was dancing sexy-like for you and everything!”
“Sorry that I missed that,”
“It’s cool…we’ll just have to make up for it later,”
“Deal,” Alex chuckled.
“Hey, I’m going to take my camera back to the bus. I have the night off today,”
“Really?” Alex’s eyes widened.
“Yeah,” I laughed.
“We have to go on a date then!”
“We only have a few hours until show time, Alex.”
“So? I want to take you out to eat! You’ve got free time,”
I roll my eyes.
“You make it sound like I never have time off, when in fact it’s you who never has time off,”
“Well then let me take you out. Pleaseeeee?”
I bit my lip and smiled widely at him.
“Okay. Let me go get dressed,”
“You look good now,” He shrugged. “But whatever floats your boat.”
“I love you, goofball,” I shook my head before walking out of their dressing room. I went to the bus, and started to get dressed. I changed from my sweats and UGGS to some black skinny jeans and a loose red top. I slipped on my black and white Vans before heading to the bathroom. Making sure that my hair is in place, I finally know that I’m ready. As I bound off of the bus, I nearly tripped, but caught myself, Thank God.
“Way to go, Grace,”
I looked up and saw John walking toward the band’s van.
“Thanks, I thought so too.”
“In a hurry?”
“Sort of, I have a date before the show,”
His eyebrows shot up in a suggestive way.
“Don’t have too much fun,”
I laughed at the tall man.
“I won’t, John.”
“Hey, at least he’s taking you out,” He shrugged.
“I know, I’m excited,”
“As you should be. I have to get back,”
“Wait, why are you out here?”
“I have to get some extra mic’s. Some of ours blew today. They were a piece of shit anyway,”
“Let me help,”
“Okay.” He smiled and nodded toward the van.
Alex can wait another minute or two.
♠ ♠ ♠
Daweeee :)

What do you guys think of Alex's jealousy and Alyson's oblivious to it?

xoxo Rae Wakefield